Chapter 31

The War Begins Part Two

Author's POV

Loki, Nora, Kiki and Hunter were silent most of the time during the walk. Loki, still, couldn't believe that Hunter forgave him after killing his father. He was drowned in his thoughts and looked down while walking, Hunter's back was facing him and Nora. Nora was a little more confused in the situation but didn't question too much.

When they reached the blocked cave, Hunter raised his paw, dark aura surrounding it, and lifted the rock to the side with ease. Where the other jammers were, Hunter looked back at Loki and Nora then gestured to the cave.

"Get inside." He said.

"I'll go with you." Loki said seriously, Hunter didn't bother to argue so he just nodded, "Nora, stay here." Loki added.

"O-Okay.." Nora stuttered, and slowly walked towards the cave, but before she entered, she turned to Loki and said. "Please keep her safe." Loki knew she was referring to Swift, so he nodded. Hunter closed the cave once again and turned around to the direction of Jamaa Township. "Where is she?"

"She's battling Corruptors with her friends and some teachers." Hunter answered, Loki grew more nervous. He was told how dangerous a Corruptor is and what they're capable of doing, "She's fine, uncle. Let's go." Hunter added, Loki nodded and with his heart beating quickly against his chest, he followed Hunter towards Swift.

Meanwhile...

Swift and her friends have fought off dozens of Corruptors by now, and they just kept coming. The jammers were growing tired, but they kept fighting, they couldn't back down now. Kira was right, Swift's magic was way more powerful and she even learned a new ability.

When she was cornered by two Corruptors, she was able to become water and move behind them, turning back to normal and killing them. That ability was found very useful when she was dodging attacks. They used power combinations to help mow down large groups, like Swift drenching them with water, and Jake zapping them all, Izzy wrapping vines to hold Corruptors in place, and Kyle burning them while they're not moving. Swift would see two floating, and faintly glowing figures in the sky, she wasn't sure what they were or what they were doing, but she had a bad feeling about them.

"Guys! I have an idea!" Jake exclaimed over the madness. Jake's eyes suddenly glowed yellow, "Laika! Give me a boost would ya?!" Laika obliged and summoned a rock to lift Jake up into the air, Jake's eyes and paws glowed yellow and he plummeted down with his paw sparking electricity. "EVERYONE! JUMP!"

Just as Jake's paw collided with the ground, everyone else jumped, the ground cracked, shook and electric bolts spread everywhere, killing all the Corruptors in the area.. for now. Everyone gasped in awe, Jake's eyes went back to normal again and he almost fainted. Izzy caught him in time.

"Are you okay?" Kyle asked, concerned but still in awe of what Jake just did. Jake panted.

"Yeah... I just suddenly felt a power boost.." Jake laughed tiredly, "Well, at least.. we could rest for a few moments." He added and sat down, everyone sighed in relief. There was still chaos in the others areas, but Jake's electricity is buzzing around the perimeter, which was working well as some sort of temporary force field. "This.. is new." Jake said. looking at the buzzing electricity.

"This is incredible.." The healer said in awe, "Jake, my young fox, what you just did was a Lightning attack that was only seen once. Told to be first done by the Lightning Magic Alpha." The healer finished, everyone else looked at Jake in awe, again. Jake was surprised, but he felt proud at the same time. "The buzzing electricity won't last long, young ones. We need a plan."