E I G H T

the kinks - you really got me

: : :

Light sniffles would fill the atmosphere around Luke and Ashton as the two lay in a field of flowers.

"I'm just not enough for anyone" Ashton cried, shaking his head into Luke's chest. The blond frowned as he ran his hands through the teenager's curls, his heart breaking at the sound of Ashton's sobs.

"You are to me. You're more than enough for me, curly" Luke whispered into his ear, caressing Ashton's shoulder with his fingertips.

"I don't know what to do anymore. It's as though nothing I do matters, and I seem to make everything worse" His crying worsened as he said this, making Luke bury his nose into Ashton's sweatshirt. Luke had never dealt with anything like this, and the thought of him giving advice would be a nightmare.

The blond continued to draw patterns in the small boy's hair, hoping to ease his crying a bit. He had never thought that someone oh so gentle and sweet was hiding such pain behind their shy smile. It hurt Luke just as much as it did Ashton, and he cared for him so, so much.

Luke reached over to a bundle of daisies, picking out a few before drawing his hand back. He had seen this multiple times before, but he could never get the hang of creating a flower crown. The blond fussily picked at the stem of the the daisy, feeling Ashton's eyes on him as he did so. His heart brightened up once he heard giggles escape the curly haired teen's lips instead of cries, and he continued messily fiddling with the flowers, eventually getting Ashton's fingers to brush against his. The older male's breath hitched at the feeling of his touch, and it was unlike anything he had ever felt before.

"It's quite simple, really" Ashton giggled, his blotched eyes crinkling as his dimples became more prominent. Luke adored his precious dimples.

The teen began threading flower by flower, and Luke stared at him in awe, not paying attention to a single thing he was saying. He made everything seem so graceful, and for that Luke admired him deeply. After he was finished, Ashton placed the daisy chain on his head of curls, smiling a shy smile at Luke, who only bit his lip in reply.

He didn't know why he never bothered to lay down here for a while. Luke could've used the feeling of flowers surrounding him as he watched the sun set in the distance; he was beyond glad that he had met Ashton though, otherwise he would've still stayed inside and only went out to drink and forget. It was as though Ashton were Luke's guardian angel.

"Beautiful" The blond murmured, not realising what escaped his lips after he saw Ashton flush instantly. His eyes immediately widened before melting into a pool of shame.

"I-I mean, the crown! Beautiful, the flowers are really pretty!" Luke stammered sheepishly, crimson rushing to his cheeks in embarrassment.

"Thank you, Lukey" Ashton giggled, the wonderful sounds that escaped his lips made Luke's heart melt.

"Do you feel any better?" The blond asked gently, a simple shrug coming from Ashton in response as he picked the petals off of a sunflower.

"I'm sorry, I'm no use really. I just hate seeing you upset and I don't know what to do" Luke confessed, ripping out blades of grass from the ground. A small smile formed on Ashton's face and he tilted his head at the older male.

"Well you've done more than anyone else has" He answered quietly, earning a frown from Luke. Who could be so inconsiderate to not care for this boy?

"Well I have something that might really cheer you up" Luke murmured, just loud enough for Ashton to hear.

Luke couldn't hear himself think over the hammering of his heartbeat. Never had his feelings taken over something he was doing, and it was so rare for the blond to. It was something so, so risky, yet it just needed to be done.

So he leaned in and kissed the boy.

OH MY BARNACLES

THEY'RE FALLING IN LOVE OMG

Sorry it was so short! I just needed the cliffhanger :D

Like, comment and vote!