E L E V E N

wallows - these days

: : :

Ashton and Luke sat until the crack of dawn, where they would choose some of the curly haired boy's old vinyls and place them on his record player. It was possibly the most content the two have ever been, with the sun streaming in the through the curtains of his window and the crackling noise of his player.

"I didn't know you had albums from The Who, that's sick! My dad went to one of their concerts once and he told me all about it. I've loved them ever since" Luke smiled in awe, flipping through Ashton's vinyl collection.

"You can have one if you'd like. I don't really listen to them anymore, and I hate having them lying around all the time in my bedroom and not using them" Ashton offered, slipping Quadrophenia and Who's Next out of his cabinet. He remembered that he wouldn't listen to anything else besides those two albums when he was just starting middle school.

"Are you sure? Vinyls are really expensive, and I'd hate to take them from you like tha-"

"I would've just sold them. Anyway, now's the perfect opportunity for you to take them" Ashton interrupted, handing the leather cladded blond his gifts. Luke grinned so brightly, that he swore he could've melted in that moment.

"Thanks so much, Ash. This means the world to me" Luke chirped, planting a soft kiss on the brunette's rosy cheek as a thank you for his wonderful present. Ashton couldn't help but blush and smile down at his fingers.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to the drive ins with me? I heard that Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is out, and I'd love it if you came" The older boy sheepishly asked, earning a sweet giggle from the shy teenager.

"I never knew you watched those types of movies, but yes, I'd love to go with you" Ashton answered, subtly biting his lip as Luke flashed him a toothy smile.

"Great! I'll pick you up at 7. It's a date" Luke exclaimed, his eyes crinkling in delight before closing the door of Ashton's room and heading out the house in excitement.

: : :

In moments like these, Luke didn't know what else to do then to stress himself out completely.

This was the first date he was going on ever since senior year, and everything back then was so much more simpler and plain. You'd go on a movie date, come back to someone's house, hook up and the cycle would continue.

Luke first made sure he looked nice. Looking like a walking trashcan didn't exactly make a good first impression on the date, and the young man's fashion sense wasn't exactly what you'd call 'extravagant', so he was basically desperate for ideas at this point. The blond stood in front of his wardrobe, sighing as he flicked through the racks of clothing he had piled on shelves. After a good half hour, Luke simply threw on a Nirvana shirt, a leather jacket, his black distressed jeans and a pair of Doc Martens he wore all throughout high school. He also made sure to down himself with cologne; girls were addicted to the smell, so why couldn't it attract guys either?

The blue eyed blond speed walked into the kitchen, where he scouted the confined area in search of a few dollar bills for popcorn and drinks at the drive in.

"God, look at me. A 22 year old searching for money in the kitchen" Luke sighed deeply, lifting up the couch seat and finding a crumpled up 5 dollar bill and a few walnuts and lego blocks. He shrugged and didn't bother to question how they got there in the first place, considering his whole house was a pigsty anyway.

Luke quickly snatched his wallet and stuffed the newly founded notes in the small compartment. He headed out, briefly checking the time on his phone in case he was running late - and luckily he wasn't. The young man grabbed his car keys and entered the ratty vehicle he remembered he used to drive around a lot during sophomore to senior year, but now, it was a piece of junk he couldn't exactly depend on getting anywhere because of the job he didn't have. That also reminded him to get back to those job applications he had sent out a few weeks ago.

Before Luke could even begin driving, he began pondering on all the things that could go wrong. Sure, he wasn't really finically stable, so why did Ashton bother even liking him? Luke certainly wasn't anyone special, he was a big fucking mess with no college education, no job and barely a house to live in. He had a drinking problem that he may or may not be recovering from, and he was also falling for a 17 year old boy who just wouldn't get off his mind at all nowadays. Luke's drinking problem was just in fact the thing that got the two together, and he still couldn't get over how embarrassed he was to even bring up the topic of him passing out that night.

The blond hung his head and took a deep breath in, turning the key in the ignition as he started to drive down Dartview Lane. He knew better than to completely doubt himself, and so he shook the thought out of his head and proceeded to drive.

Perhaps it would turn out for the better.

LashToN hAve thEir First dAte

sorry for the long updates! school has been up my back and I cannot wait for my 2 week break >_>

like, comment and vote'