T E N

the rubens - hoops

: : :

To see Ashton like this was honestly something so shocking to Luke. Never had he seen the curly haired teen so lifeless, and it almost hurt to look at him.

"What the fuck were you thinking? Did you really believe that someone like you is capable of standing up to a man three times your age?" Luke spat, the small boy burying his head into Luke's pillow. The blond instantly frowned, backing into the recliner.

"I'm sorry. It's just I can't stand seeing you in such a bad state. You're so amazing and humble, and you don't belong in environments like those, where people can get you to do unspeakable things" He reassured Ashton, his tone lowering down to almost a whisper.

"I wanted to forget" Ashton's small voice squeaked, and Luke felt so guilty and broken inside.

"Forget what?" He asked, oblivious to the boy's statement. Luke surely knew it was about him, which only made his heart race even more. He seemed to do everything wrong.

"Forget everything. I'm just burden on everyone. I don't understand the point in being here, I just wish I could run away" Ashton answered. It was in that moment that he knew what he was going through, and he regretted ever drinking to the point he couldn't remember anything anymore.

"You're not. It takes time, Ash. It takes time to realise you have a purpose here" Luke reassured him, taking small steps toward the small boy.

He raised his hand beside Ashton's hair, running his fingers through the soft mess of curls as he whispered sweet things into his ear. The tiny teenager looked so awfully innocent and fragile that Luke would smile in awe at him, admiring his milky skin and full, peachy lips.

"Can we try it again?" Ashton whispered, his eyes fluttering open, revealing a shade of beautiful hazel with specks of gold.

"Try what-" And the curly haired boy's lips landed on Luke's, his delicate hands weaving through the older male's blond locks. Luke's eyes widened but soon closed as his hands reached the middle of Ashton's back, sliding his fingers up his navy blue t shirt.

The two quickly realised that air was much needed and ended their passionate kiss. A relieved giggle escaped Ashton's lips and he pecked Luke's mouth once more, never getting tired of the minty flavour he tasted on his tongue.

"I don't know where you got your sudden burst of confidence but I weirdly like it" Luke smiled, biting his partially swollen lips as his eyes melted into Ashton's.

"I'm glad you do" Ashton replied, snuggling into Luke's side as the two boys in love fell asleep on the couch.

: : :

"So you're telling me you've never tried crepes before?" Ashton exclaimed, his eyes widening in shock as the older male shook his head.

"I don't know whether to be deeply offended or just plain disappointed" The curly haired boy grimaced, "And on top of that, I'm not talking to you anymore"

Luke rolled his eyes playfully at Ashton, who only shot a nasty face at him back. The two spent possibly a minute in silence, before the teenager burst out in laughter as Luke wrapped his arms around Ashton's waist and hauled him over his shoulders.

"Put me down!" The younger boy squealed, which only caused Luke to squeeze him tighter and laugh in response. This was probably the most happiest he had been in a long time.

"You're no fun" Luke grumbled, twisting the top off a Nutella jar and spreading it all over the crepe he had created. It was in that moment that Ashton thought it was a good idea to smear the sweet substance on the blond's face, and he got a real big surprise after that as Luke gasped in shock.

"You are so dead, curly!" He squealed, beginning to chase Ashton around his house. It wasn't until the front door that had opened when the two stopped running and headed back to the kitchen, where they spotted Ashton's mother with grocery bags in hand and a look of exhaustion on her face.

"What's going on here Ashton? And who are you?" His mother questioned, although it seemed rather blunt and rude, but Luke chose to ignore her tone.

"Hi, Mrs Irwin, my name's Luke. I'm just a friend on Ashton's" The blonde politely introduced himself, the older woman nodding in acknowledgment as she set the groceries down and made her to the kitchen.

"Don't worry about her, she's usually like that" Ashton whispered in reassurance, grabbing Luke's hand as they ran up the stairs, giggling quietly and talking to no end.

Omg this chapter is so ew idek why I bothered writing it xD

Like, comment and vote!