I'm Running Out of Titles.

"Keith? Shouldn't you be on the training deck like usual?" Shiro asked. He'd wandered into the kitchen at random, bored now that their most recent 'performance' was over.

Lance scrambled to shove something under the table and smiled up awkwardly. "Uh, I was just, trying to teach him to use this right. Yeah, he can't cook for his life."

Keith turned and glared at Lance. Yeah he didn't want to bring attention to the fact that he was writing again, but really? Keith was an amazing cook. At least back on Earth.

Shiro gave an unimpressed look to the Cuban, and turned back to Keith. "Again, shouldn't you be at the training deck?"

"Uh, yeah, I was going there. Just as soon as-" damn. Keith still didn't have a good nickname for him. "He got off my tail."

Shiro shook his head disbelievingly, but left nonetheless.

Lance let out a sigh in relief. He turned back to Keith and his eyes lit up, but he kept his voice down. "So, what happens next? Can fake Lance get a girlfriend while they're all at this random cafe? What if we make Nyma a part of this? Then you can have your fun breaking fake Lance's heart but at least he can share my charm."

Keith shook his head and sighed, but his small smile was still apparent. He couldn't say he regretted one on one writing sessions, it was much less stressful.

A strange girl with brightly colored hair walked into the cafe, and Lance forgot entirely about the conversation he and Pidge were having.

"Oh come on Keith."

"Shut up and let me write."

Shoving past Keith, who had his headphones in while he stared blankly at his coffee, he got up and sauntered over to her.

He got the nerve-

"What the fuck Keith."

"I said shut up."

Lance scoffed. "At least give me some dignity."

Lance got up the nerve to speak, and pulled a pick up line. Being the awkward mess he is, he fucked it up.

"Hey, are you a world girl? 'Cause your body is alien."

"Damnit Keith I said dignity!"

Keith smirked. "You have dignity. You're also a fucking mess, and over confident when you mess up."

Lance put a hand to his heart in mock offense.

"I meant to do that," he coated over, realizing what he'd said. Trying to choke back the embarrassed red spreading up his neck, he offered the girl a phone number.

She smiled, and her eyes glittered unnaturally before taking out her phone. "I'm Nyma," she said softly. "Can I call you mine?"

Lance felt his heart nearly stop. "Damn, you're smooth. I can learn a few things from you. The names Lindy."

Lance turned bright red. "Okay one, Nyma was never that smooth. Two, I was never that awkward. Three, really Keith, just really? Lindy? Was that like your girlfriend on Earth or something?"

Keith rolled his eyes. "I never had a girlfriend on Earth Lindy. You're my first," he teased, his eyes gleaning.

Lance glared accusingly before playing along. "Oh, my bad, my baby, my mullet. I didn't mean to disturb you. Now fix it please I hate it."

Keith laughed quietly and hit Lance with the book.