In Which We Get to Punk

Keith kicked his legs up, having finally got a moment alone with Hunk.

"So? I need a plan here, something to work with. Hunk, my buddy, my man, Team Punk is the last thing on my to do list and I can finally rat everyone here out," he deadpanned.

Hunk blushed, barely able to speak. "I, uh, I hadn't really, thought about that. I don't know. Something."

"Real helpful."

Hunk glared at the door, furrowing his brows. He pulled off his headband and twisted it in his hands anxiously. "Can we try something obnoxiously dramatic? So that if they reject me completely, I can pretend I had nothing to do with it? Blame it on Lance. He'll stick up for me."

Keith nodded solemnly and clicked open his new color changing pen. They'd found it on the most recent rest stop planet on their way to Earth, a highly advanced society built on economy.

"Yeah I can do that. Just, don't tell at me for it for trying to lighten the mood."

Hunk and Lance walked up to the doorbell at Space parent's house, and Uncle Coran waited at the sidewalk. They'd already had Keith's help to keep Pidge away from windows while they decorated, and the front lawn looked like a wedding aisle. Property of Lancey Lance McClain. He'd made multiple jokes about having lost the opportunity to use the setup on his own for this, so it better be good.

Which only made Hunk worried about rejection.

Lance rang the doorbell quickly, and, thanks to prior planning, dragged Keith and Matt down to the sidewalk with Coran, before Space Mom ushered Pidge to the door.

They looked out at the lawn, completely confused. Like they'd never seen a classic wedding scene. I doubt they have, romantic movies aren't their thing.

"Heyy, Hunk. What's all this?" they asked skeptically.

Hunk, dead seriously, looked them in the eyes and said, "Pidge, demon, alien finder and tech junky, will you marry me?"

Shiro cracked up. His laughing could be heard from outside. And he was as far as he could be from the door that he could still hear. Poor space grandpa.

Pidge gave Hunk an are-you-kidding stare.

Keith looked up at Hunk, pausing his writing. "Remember that I told you book version of you would be rejected. Do not hold this against me."

They looked up at everyone waiting, at the end of the makeshift aisle. "Hunk, you know I love you. Irrational fear of alien life and all. But first off, that's like way too soon."

"Lance's idea, sorry."

"Ah, makes sense. Secondly, not like that. You're my tech genius two. My movie date. My has-to-deal-with-Lance-too. Not my lover. That's Beezer." Pidge looked lovingly back at the robot.

Hunk furrowed his brow again. "Wait who's Beezer?"

Keith laughed. "Remember when Lance got stuck to a tree and lost the blue lion? Rolo was the guy you didn't trust, Nyma was the girl he trusted too much, Beezer was the cat robot thing."

Hunk nodded, a bit offended that the robot was more important than he was.

Hunk ran away crying. He'd been left at the alter. Said alter consisted of Lance and Matt making an arch with their arms.

Pidge went back into their house and cuddled with the cat robot.

Keith got cocky and open the ring box anyway, turning to Lance.

Talking quietly to himself, Keith stared at the pen. "Jesus fuck, what am I doing..."

"Hey Lance? How do you feel about way-too-early-marriages?"

Keith threw the book across the room.

Hunk's eyes went wide. "What was that for?"

He buried his head in his hands. "It's done. Go make everyone read that or whatever. I can't keep doing it. God this is all going to backfire. Please tell me when we're back on Earth."

Hunk nodded, confused, and took the book out onto the bridge.

•Yes I know the bridge is dead but I don't know where else they would be okay I'm sorry.•

Coran read it out, imitating everyone's voices to the best of his ability, and most parties blushed.

Matt tried to go hide in the hangar, but Pidge dragged him back, saying they both had to deal with the consequences of letting Keith write. They also made multiple attempts at smashing the two blushing messes (Matt and Shiro) together in a kiss. Mostly the just had bruises from their heads bashing together.

Allura had flushed some at all mentions of her obliviousness, but didn't seem to mind Shallura not being focus.

Lance blushed throughout almost the entire story. Hunk tried to make him go talk to Keith, but he just paced the room muttering in Spanish.

Pidge and Hunk was awkward. Their relationship wasn't addressed afterward, but they did sit closer together.

Coran hugged everyone. That was his only reaction.

Look I'm sorry I've got no idea what I'm doing. Next chapter might be a confrontation scene.