Chapter XLVII - Going Home

Harry still hadn't spoken to any of his friends and he knew that they still didn't know about Sirius and Lexy being alive still as the news had come after the leaving feast. He knew that he had to talk to them and that he had to apologize to them for leading them into danger. He wished that they would leave him alone and at the same time he wanted them nearby. He knew that they had given him two weeks and that on the train ride home they were going to talk to him. He didn't have a choice. He was actually surprised that Ginny had left him alone as long as she did. She was so amazing but she hadn't asked any questions. She'd kiss him hello and goodbye or goodnight or give him a hug in the hall but she never asked and he didn't know if he was grateful or disappointed.

He closed his trunk after one more brief glance around the room to make sure that he hadn't forgotten anything and then he locked Hedwig in her cage and lifted everything as he made his way downstairs. He placed his belongings in the entrance hall with everyone else's where it was to be brought down to the train when he heard a familiar voice call out his name and he stiffened.

"Harry, I need to talk to you for a moment," Dumbledore replied.

Harry turned to look at him. "I don't want to talk to you right now."

Dumbledore nodded. "I know that but I'm your headmaster and I'm not giving you a choice."

Harry sighed and followed Dumbledore into a nearby deserted classroom and closed the door. "What can I do for you, sir?"

"Better, Harry. I know that you're angry with me but it's nice to see that you can still be polite. I received a letter from James this morning."

"What was it about, sir?"

"You," Dumbledore replied. "He's worried about you. He assumes that Sirius did speak with you last night yet you still refuse to have contact with him."

"I promised Uncle Sirius that I'd talk with him when I get home not any sooner."

Dumbledore nodded, his eyes sad. "Yes, Harry, but remember this. That prophecy ... I know that it's a burden to have upon your shoulders and it was a burden that we desperately didn't want you to carry at such a young age. James came to me for advice many times on whether to tell you about it or not but in the end he always decided that he couldn't do it. He loves you, Harry, and he was so afraid of hurting you or making you hate him in the end. His worst fear is that he'll fail you like he believes he failed Lily."

Harry nodded. "I'll talk to him, sir, I promise."

Dumbledore smiled. "Good. You may leave now. Have a good summer, Harry."

Harry nodded as he left the room and headed out towards the school carriages that would take him to the train station. He slid into the last carriage before it left the school, surprised to see Blaise Zabini and Daphne Greengrass snogging passionately. They didn't even notice that he had stepped into the carriage. They arrived at the station and they looked up noticing Harry for the first time and Daphne blushed.

"Oh, er, hi Harry."

He grinned. "Sorry to interrupt, but this was the last carriage. So Daphne, finally giving Zabini a chance, eh?"

She grinned and touched Blaise's cheek adoringly. "Well, he is kind of cute."

Harry laughed. "Have a good summer, guys."

He stepped out of the carriage and headed up onto the train to find a compartment. He was one of the first students on the train. He made himself comfortable, stretching his long legs out on the bench and leaning back against the window. He glanced at the doorway when he saw movement and gave Ginny a small smile. Then he pat his lap gently. She grinned and cuddled herself close to him. She kissed him softly but she didn't speak.

Finally, Harry broke the silence. "You haven't asked about anything?"

She nodded. "I know. Something huge happened and I understand that you needed time to yourself for a while. I didn't want to push. I just wanted you to know that I'm here. And ... I needed time to grieve too. I loved Sirius."

Harry nodded. "I know." He used his thumb to wipe the tears from her eyes. He smiled and buried his face in her hair, inhaling her scent. "I love you, Ginny, and I'm so glad that you're here." He sighed. "Something wonderful happened late last night."

"What?" She asked.

"Sirius and Lexy came to see me. They're both alive."

"What?" Ginny repeated, staring at Harry in surprise. "And you're just getting around to sharing this news! What is wrong with you?"

He laughed and kissed her nose. "Gin, it was late last night and I still didn't want to talk to anyone. But yeah, they're both alive." He quickly explained about how they had only landed on the ledge instead of falling through the veil and explained about how it took them so long to tell others.

Ginny grinned, tears rolling down her cheeks. "That's amazing and so wonderful! Oh I'm so glad that they're alive!" She hugged Harry tight, burying her face in his chest as she sobbed.

He nodded. "Me too. At first, I think that I was afraid that I was dreaming."

She smiled and snuggled closer into his chest. "I love you."

He smiled down at her. "I love you." He held her close for a few minutes as she wiped tears of happiness from her eyes before he continued. "Something else happened, two huge things actually."

"What?"

"Voldemort possessed me."

"What? When? How? Why?" She asked fear in her voice.

Harry sighed. "During the battle between Voldemort and Dumbledore in the Atrium. Dumbledore wouldn't kill Voldemort he said something about death being nothing and that there were things worse then death. A little while later I felt this invasion on my body and my scar exploded in pain. It was the most painful thing that's ever happened to me. To have this evil being force himself into my body. He spoke from my lips, telling Dumbledore to kill me. He said that if death was nothing, then kill him now. I don't remember what happened exactly but I remember thinking that if he killed me then I could be with Uncle Sirius but I didn't want to die because I didn't want to be without you. Voldemort left my body after that. Dumbledore says the love in my heart was too strong for him to stay longer."

Ginny snuggled closer and kissed his Adam's apple. "Oh, honey, I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. It must have been horrible."

Harry placed his fingers on her chin and tilted her head upwards so that he could look into her eyes. "It made me love you more. To think that you underwent possession by that creature for almost a year and at eleven years old. It's unbelievable. You're a truly powerful witch and I know that I couldn't have stood that much longer. I would have willingly died to make the pain stop. I don't know how you did it. But Merlin, I am so proud of you."

Tears welled up in the corner of her eyes. "I don't know how I did it either."

He pulled her closer, holding her in her arms as she shivered. He hadn't meant to drudge up old memories but he wanted her to understand. After a few minutes she was calm again.

"I'm sorry. I hate to cry."

He grinned as he kissed away her remaining tears. "So you've told me many times."

She laughed. "Harry, what was the other huge thing?"

"What?"

"You said that you had two other huge things happen to you other then Sirius' supposed death?"

He nodded. "Yeah ... I heard the prophecy."

"Prophecy?" Ron asked from the doorway where he stood with Hermione, Neville, and Luna. "Isn't that what we went to the ministry for?"

"But I dropped it, Harry. Remember how it shattered into a million pieces." Neville replied.

Harry nodded. "I know. Close the door guys."

Ron closed the compartment door and the four of them took seats. "Well, what's going on?"

Harry pulled Ginny closer as if he was desperate for the warmth. "The prophecy - my Da and Dumbledore have kept it from me all these years. The prophecy was made before I was born by Professor Trelawney and Dumbledore overheard it. He says that she's made a total of two real prophecies at least to his knowledge. It said that a child would be born in July to parents who had three times defied Voldemort and that child would have power that the Dark Lord knows not. It said that either must die at the hand of the other because neither can live while the other survives."

Hermione gulped. "So you have to kill V-Voldemort in the end?"

Harry nodded. "Yeah, according to the prophecy because if I don't, he's going to kill me."

"But how did he know it was you? There had to be other children who fit that time frame right?" Ginny asked.

Harry nodded. "There was. Neville."

"W-w-what?" Neville stuttered.

"Dumbledore said that the prophecy could have applied to either me or you Nev, but it said that the Dark Lord would choose his equal and lucky me, I was the one chosen. Both of our parents had defied Voldemort three times and we were both born in July." Harry explained. "But Voldemort chose me. Dumbledore says it's because I'm a half-blood like him and he saw something in me that worried him. I just think it's an unlucky piece of fate."

Neville nodded. "I'm glad that it wasn't me. I'm sorry, Harry."

Harry shrugged. "No problem, I can't say I blame you. I wish it wasn't me."

Hermione stood up. "Harry, Ron and I have to go do a few prefect duties but we'll be back in a bit. Are you going to be alright?"

He held Ginny closer and nodded. "I think so." He watched the two of them leave and then he turned to Neville, Luna, and Ginny. "I wanted to apologize to you guys for almost getting you all mmphf-"

He was cut off by Ginny's lips. She tasted sweet and a little frustrated. The kiss ended much too soon for Harry's liking.

"We don't want a bloody apology, Harry. We followed you remember? We only have ourselves to blame." Ginny replied.

Neville nodded. "Besides I'm glad that I went. It showed me what I'm going to be up against. People like that tortured my parents and I want to be able to fight back."

Luna nodded. "Me too. It was an adventure of sorts. Besides, I knew that you would never let anything happen to us."

Harry grinned. "Thanks, I think."

Ginny smiled. "OH! You two weren't here to hear the big news! And Ron and Hermione left too - but Sirius and Lexy are alive!"

Neville gave them a lopsided grin. "But I thought that they fell through that veil thingy."

"They did," Harry replied. "But they didn't actually fall through. When Lexy jumped forward to grab Uncle Sirius she prevented him from falling through and they landed on this ledge thing. Long story but time flows differently there and blah blah blah. But they're alive!"

Luna gave them a dreamy smile. "Good news it is then."

Harry grinned. "The best of." He smiled at Ginny, staring down at her pretty full lips. "Nev, Luna, no offence or anything but do you think that you could leave for a while?"

"Harry!" Ginny exclaimed, slapping his arm. "That's rude!"

Neville gave Harry a half-smirk, half-smile when he noticed the look on his friend's face. "Sure, be back in say, half an hour. Come on Luna, I want to show you something." Neville took her arm and led her out of the compartment before closing the door behind them.

Harry grinned. "Alone at last."

Ginny shook her head at him with a smile on her face. "You're horrible! Kicking them out of the compartment like that."

He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. "But I had such a good reason."

Then he leaned down and gently captured her lips in his. She sighed in pleasure as she wrapped her arms around his neck and fisted her hands into his hair. He tasted wonderful. Happy and almost pleased with life, something she could say that he hadn't tasted like in weeks. His lips were soft and full and warm against hers as they touched. His hands moved into her hair as he deepened the kiss and incredible sensations flew through her body. She felt like her body was on a slow-burn, starting from the inside and working its way out. It was amazing to think that he could make her feel like this with only his lips. His tongue brushed hers gently and she felt him pick her up and lay her back against the seat of the train before he placed his body over hers. She moaned and arched towards him when his lips left hers to trail down her throat.

She tasted like spring flowers and strawberries and he could never get over the scent. It drove him crazy at every opportunity and he wondered not for the first time if she did it to make him insane. But he knew that it was just her scent, something that she did strictly for herself. Making him crazy was probably just a side benefit. He nipped at her throat, planting small open mouthed kisses as low as the v-neck of her top allowed. Her hands were still fisted in his hair and she held tighter when his tongue darted gently beneath the v and over the swell of her breasts just above her bra.

"Harry," she whispered in a half-moan, half-plea.

She dragged him upwards so that his lips were on hers again. He smelt like Harry. That amazing scent of sweat, sandalwood, and a light lemon that she knew was his shampoo. Her lips met his over and over and she hoped that he never stopped kissing her. He deepened the kiss again, letting his hands move down the sides of her body until he reached her waist and then he slid them up her top, running his calloused fingers along her ribcage and making her breath hitch.

"Ginny," he murmured against her mouth before he turned his attention to her earlobe as his hands continued to roam over her skin.

He sucked gently on her earlobe before returning to her mouth to nibble gently on her bottom lip. Her hands had left his hair and were just beginning to roam under his tee shirt when the compartment door opened and a familiar drawl echoed throughout the compartment causing them to break apart.

"Well, well, well, look what I found," Draco smirked. "I always wondered what Potter saw in you, Weaselette, guess I just figured it out. I'd date you too if I had realized that you put out."

Harry had his wand pointed at Malfoy now and he was on his feet. "Get out!"

Malfoy smirked. "Or what? I was telling the truth."

"Why did you come in here? Did you want to thank me for getting your father arrested? I heard he's spending some time in Azkaban right now."

Malfoy paled slightly. "I should kill you for that, Potter. You have no idea what you've done."

Ginny was standing next to Harry now, her wand pointed at Malfoy as well. "How about you leave or I'll give you some more bat bogeys?"

Malfoy glared at both of them. "Because of you, bat bogeys are the least of my problems." He turned and stormed out of the compartment, slamming the door shut behind him.

Harry dragged his fingers through his hair in frustration. "Well, that was a pleasant visit."

Ginny sat cross-legged in the corner of the compartment. "He was just being a jerk, Harry."

He nodded. "I know." He sat down next to her and pulled her comfortably up into his lap. "Now, where were we?"

She laughed and slipped her hands under his tee-shirt and gently circled his belly button with her finger. "I believe that we were right about here."

His breath hitched as his stomach tied itself up in knots at her touch. "I think that you have a good memory, Miss Weasley."

"Mmm," Ginny murmured. "I have a perfect memory." Then she brought his lips down to hers.

***********

A little while later they were interrupted again by Neville and Luna returning, this time with Colin and Demelza as well. Ginny stayed comfortably on Harry's lap so that they all had room to sit.

"Well, you two look comfortable?" Colin replied with a grin.

Ginny laughed. "Very much so, thanks for asking."

Harry grinned as he kept his arms wrapped comfortably around her waist. Ginny's hands were wrapped over his and he liked the way that she felt.

Neville grinned at them. "So, did you two have a nice ... er, chat?"

Harry smirked. "Amazing, until Malfoy came in. But Gin threatened him with bat bogeys and he left."

Colin shuddered. "I don't blame him. Those are painful."

Ginny grinned. "Well, you never did that again, did you?"

Harry laughed. "You gave Colin bat bogeys? When? What did he do?"

Colin sighed. "It was in second year and it was when I was still all crazy and in awe of you and I kept bugging her to get your autograph and she finally just got so fed up she cursed me. I'll never forget it."

Demelza laughed. "I bet that would have been funny to see."

Ginny grinned. "It really was."

"Harry," Colin replied. "I just wanted to say that I was sorry about Sirius Black, Ginny told me that he was your godfather."

Harry grinned. "Yeah well it was all a misunderstanding and both Uncle Sirius and O'Bryan are alive."

"They never died?" Colin asked in surprise.

"Who never died?" Ron asked as he and Hermione came back into the compartment.

"Uncle Sirius and Lexy. I just found out last night."

"Why am I always the last to know these things?" Ron demanded.

"What happened?" Hermione asked.

Harry explained the story all over again and then grinned at his friends. "Uncle Sirius told me to tell you that he's still alive and kicking and he said that we can't get rid of him that easily."

Ginny smiled. "Of course not. Oh my God! Dee, did you see the new catalogue of Witch Fashion that Dana had this morning?"

Demelza nodded. "The one with that gorgeous gold dress? Yes!"

Ron rolled his eyes at Harry as Ginny and Demelza began to talk about clothes with Hermione and Luna occasionally joining in. "So, you three want to have a game of Exploding Snap?"

*********

When the train finally arrived at the station, Harry was worried to get off the train. He knew that he had to talk to his father, but he was so angry with him still. He wasn't sure if he even wanted to see him. He yanked his trunk down from the rack followed by Ginny's and handed her the cage with Midnight in it before he pulled Hedwig down. Ginny reached up to kiss him softly.

"I don't know how long it will be until I see you this summer but Mum sent notice that we're staying at the Burrow."

He nodded and pulled her closer for a longer kiss. "I love you."

She smiled. "I love you too. Will you write to me?"

He grinned. "Every day."

She kissed him again and then squeezed his hand gently. "Harry, you need to talk to James."

"I know." He pulled her close, wanting to only hold her for a moment longer. He inhaled her scent and then kissed her softly before pushing her away. "I'll see you later."

She nodded. "Yeah, come on."

They dragged their belongings off the train and Harry spotted Molly immediately with Fred, George, Bill, and surprisingly Charlie. Ginny let out a shriek of happiness and threw herself into Charlie's arms followed by Bill's and then Fred and George. The twins were wearing matching boots and jackets of dragon hide.

"Is that dragon hide?" Ron asked in astonishment.

Fred grinned. "Business is booming bro!"

George nodded. "We thought we'd treat ourselves as an award."

Harry let himself be hugged and kissed by Molly and he shook hands with the twins, Bill, and Charlie before he spotted James standing off to the side by himself. Harry said goodbye to them and hugged Hermione and Ginny goodbye before he headed into the direction of his father.

"Hi Harry."

"Hi, I'm ready to go."

James sighed and nodded. He picked up Harry's trunk and they walked over to one of his sports cars. James loaded the trunk with Harry's belongings and they let Hedwig out to fly home before Harry climbed into the passenger seat. James turned on the car and the first thing that Harry did was crank up the radio. He wasn't ready to speak to his father yet.

The stereo blasted out loud rock music as Harry stared out the window, watching the hills roll by. They finally pulled through the large gate and up to Potter Manor. Harry grabbed Hedwig's cage and went straight into the house and up to his room. He turned when he heard movement in his bedroom doorway and James levitated his trunk over to the end of his bed.

"Maddy says that dinner should be ready in about five minutes. I'll see you downstairs." James replied before he left the room. Harry felt a flash of guilt rip through him when he saw the sadness in his father's hazel eyes.

Harry headed down and into the kitchen and found only Maddy in there. "Hi Maddy."

She smiled. "Hello Harry, how is you doing this evening?"

"Alright I guess. Where's Uncle Remus and Uncle Sirius?"

"Remus and Tonks moved out, sir, just last week. They bought a house a few blocks away. Sirius is still out with Miss O'Bryan, I believe."

Harry nodded. He had forgotten that Remus and Tonks wouldn't be living there anymore and he was dreading a dinner with only James as his company as he had a feeling that the house elves were going to conveniently disappear. He took a seat at the table but he didn't look up when his father walked in. Maddy and Mickey did disappear and they ate in silence. Finally after about ten minutes, James spoke up.

"Harry, listen, I know that you're angry with me and I don't blame you for that. You have every right to be. But you have to talk to me sometime."

"Better later then sooner." Harry replied.

James slammed his water goblet onto the table. "Okay, I've had enough! You refused to have contact with me for the last two weeks. You wouldn't answer your mirror! You sent letters back unopened! And now you're just being a spoiled little brat! I did what I thought was best for you and for everyone else! For Merlin's sake, Harry, you're only fifteen years old! Did you think that I wanted to burden you with such a thing?"

"IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU WANTED TO OR NOT!" Harry exploded. "THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT I DESERVED TO KNOW! I MAY ONLY BE FIFTEEN BUT I'VE COME FACE TO FACE WITH VOLDEMORT FIVE TIMES NOW! FOUR IN THE LAST FIVE YEARS! I'VE ALWAYS WONDERED WHY ME? WHY DID HE WANT TO KILL ME ABOVE ANYONE ELSE? IT NEVER MADE SENSE! AND WHY GO AFTER ME WHEN I WAS A BABY? BUT NO ONE EVER TOLD ME! YOU NEVER HAD THE ANSWERS AND I JUST ASSUMED THAT IT WAS BECAUSE YOU YOURSELF DIDN'T UNDERSTAND! OH HOW WRONG WAS I? YOU KNEW THE ENTIRE TIME BUT YOU NEVER SAID ANYTHING! YOU WATCHED ME IN THE HOSPITAL WING WHEN I WAS ELEVEN YEARS OLD ASKING YOU AND DUMBLEDORE ABOUT VOLDEMORT AND AS I EXPLAINED TO YOU WHAT I HAD GONE THROUGH DOWN IN THAT TRAPDOOR! THEN YOU WERE THERE AGAIN AS I TOLD DUMBLEDORE THAT I SAVED GINNY FROM A SIXTEEN-YEAR-OLD VOLDEMORT AND FROM A GIANT BASILISK! BUT DID YOU TELL ME THEN, NO! THEN IN MY THIRD YEAR I LEARNT THE TRUTH ABOUT UNCLE SIRIUS AND HELPED YOU UNDERSTAND THAT HE HADN'T BETRAYED YOU! BUT AGAIN I GOT NOTHING! THEN IN MY FORTH YEAR I WATCHED VOLDEMORT COME BACK INTO HIS BODY! IF THERE WAS EVER A TIME THAT I DESERVED TO KNOW THE TRUTH IT WAS THEN! THIS YEAR I GOT EXCUSE AFTER EXCUSE ABOUT WHY I HAD TO LEARN OCCULMENCY ABOUT HOW IT WAS SO IMPORTANT FOR ME TO BLOCK MY MIND FROM VOLEMORT AND WE TOUCHED A BIT MORE UPON THE CONNECTION BETWEEN THE TWO OF US BUT NO ONE ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS! THEN I STARTED HEARING THIS VOICE IN MY HEAD AND ON SOME LEVEL I KNEW THAT IT WAS VOLDEMORT! HE TOLD ME THAT I COULD FIND THE TRUTH IN THE DEPARTMENT OF MYSTERIES! I WENT TO DUMBLEDORE THROUGH THE FLOO NETWORK AND I DEMANDED ANSWERS THAT HE REFUSED TO GIVE ME AND IT WAS AT THAT MOMENT THAT I REALIZED IF I WANTED TO KNOW ANYTHING THAT I HAD TO WALK INTO A TRAP AND I ACCEPTED THAT! SO I WENT! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT IT'S LIKE TO REALIZE THAT YOU AND DUMBLEDORE HAVE KNOWN THE ANSWERS THIS ENTIRE TIME BUT SIMPLY REFUSED TO TELL ME! YOU'RE RIGHT I HAVE BEEN A BRAT AND I DON'T BLOODY CARE! AS OF THIS MOMENT, I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU EVER AGAIN!"

He stood up and was half-way down the hall when James grabbed his arm and whipped him around to face him. "DON'T YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! I'M YOUR FATHER! AND OKAY SO I MADE A MISTAKE IN KEEPING THIS FROM YOU, HARRY, BUT I DID WHAT I THOUGHT WAS BEST! YOU'LL UNDERSTAND THAT WHEN YOU HAVE KIDS OF YOUR OWN ONE DAY! I'M TIRED OF YOUR ATTITUDE AND OF YOUR TEMPER AND MERLIN HELP ME THAT YOU'VE MANAGED TO INHERIT YOUR MOTHER'S TEMPER! I MADE A MISTAKE! I SEE THAT NOW! BUT NOW YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON! AND NOW YOU UNDERSTAND WHY VOLDEMORT WANTS TO KILL YOU AND WILL CONTINUE TO TRY! YOU NEED ME! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU HAVE A LOT TO PREPARE YOURSELF FOR? WE'VE MERELY STARTED THE MAGIC THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN! DUMBLEDORE SAYS LOVE WILL HELP YOU DEFEAT VOLDEMORT AT THE END BUT WHAT ABOUT UNTIL THEN? HAVE YOU THOUGHT OF THAT? HAVE YOU EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT COULD HAPPEN AT THE END, HARRY? HE COULD KILL YOU!" Harry watched as the last few words of what James had said seemed to come to him and he blinked back tears. "HE COULD BLOODY KILL YOU! HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT OF WHAT THAT WOULD DO TO ME? YOU'RE ALL I'VE GOT!"

Harry closed his eyes for a moment and when he spoke his voice was very calm but very cold. "Yeah he could kill me or I'll murder him. I understand what I have to do and I don't like it. But I've been through a lot already. Voldemort possessed me at the ministry, demanded of Dumbledore to kill him while he was in my body. I survived that. I survived the Cruciatus Curse three times by him. I underwent the Imperius and through a twist of fate I've dodged the Avada Kedavra three times in my life. I may not know what I'm going to do or how I'm going to do it, but I'll work on it. I may never be ready to face Voldemort, but I'll do it. I may only be fifteen years old, but I'm more of an adult then most people my age. And I may be all you've got, but you just lost a big part of my trust and I don't know if you can ever gain it back."

Then he turned around and walked up the stairs without another word as James watched him go, tears in his eyes and his heart in pain.