Chapter LI - Ginny's Quest

When Ginny returned home after viewing the Book of Memories with Harry, she was tired and she felt happy for her boyfriend. He had just been so incredibly happy to view those memories about the Marauders and his parents. It had really been the most amazing gift. She sighed as she stepped out of the fire place; she was ready for bed. She turned at the sound behind her and grinned.

"Bill, what are you doing here?"

Bill shrugged. "Home for a few days, I need to talk to you. Come on into the common room for a minute."

She nodded, holding back a yawn as she followed her brother into the common room wondering what he needed to talk to her about so late at night. She curled up in her favourite chair and smiled warmly at him. "So what's up, Bill?"

"Well, Firefly, I've got an interesting proposition for you. I haven't run it by Mum and Dad yet so no decisions have been made." He replied.

She glanced up at him in surprise. "This sounds pretty interesting. What's going on?"

He grinned. "Something very interesting I do believe."

"Come on, Bill, don't leave me in suspense!"

He laughed. "Alright, alright. Gin, I saw your report card at the end of the year."

Ginny shrugged. "Okay, so what does that have to do with anything? I did good."

"Good?" Bill said with a laugh. "Firefly, you did amazing! You got Outstanding on everything! Do you realize that you actually got higher marks then Hermione, girl genius, did when she was your age?"

"No. I didn't realize that. So what, Bill, I worked hard?"

Bill shook his head. "No, I don't think that you quite realize how amazing that is. Mum and Dad are so proud of you and I can't even begin to tell you how proud of you that I am. That's so amazing."

"Okay, I get it," Ginny replied, blushing a bit at all of the compliments. "What does this have to do with this proposition that you have for me?"

He sighed. "I have this friend that I met when I was working in Egypt. Fleur actually knows her too, you remember Fleur Delacour, the Beauxbatons champion? Well, I've been working with her and she actually went to school with this girl. Her name is Emma Stanton and she is actually from Montreal, Canada but she moved to France when she was ten. She's currently living in New York City."

Ginny raised her eyebrow. "Okay, Bill, where are you going with this?"

"Firefly, Emma is a genius and she's an incredibly powerful witch. She has powers that most people can't even dream of."

"Like what kind of powers?" She asked.

"Wandless mostly, but she also can do incredible defence lessons. She has power, Ginny."

"I'm not sure where you're going with this. Okay, so she's more advanced then most witches?"

Bill sighed. "I'm having trouble explaining this. Okay, Emma is different from most witches. She has this connection with nature and her magic is more increased then most because of this connection. She uses nature in her magic. Does that make sense?"

Ginny shook her head. "Not really."

"Alright, let's start with you first. Gin, I know what you've been going through lately. These changes that you've been feeling. I've noticed them and I know that you have but you don't understand what you're feeling." He replied. "Fleur noticed when I told her and she knew what it was right away and she told me that Emma had it. That's when I remembered everything."