Chapter LXXIX - Happy Valentine's Day

As soon as Harry got her into his trunk, he pinned her back against the wall to kiss her deeply.

"So, I think I won."

She shook her head. "No way, I totally won. You cheated by pulling me aside to kiss me."

He grinned and slid his hands around her waist. "No, I think that was just an obstacle. You lost."

Ginny rolled her eyes. "Prat. Now where's my present?"

He grinned and turned his head to nibble on her ear. "Where's your tattoo?"

"Nuh-uh, mister, presents first."

"You know, I never realized that you were so greedy."

She laughed. "Greedy, I suppose I might be. But you really give the best presents."

He smiled and kissed her again. "I love to give you presents because you never seem to expect them. Does that make sense?"

Ginny shook her head no as she glanced at him quizzically. "No, I always expect them."

He grinned. "That's not what I meant. I mean, I know that you're with me for me and not for my fortune or my fame."

Ginny smiled now, her eyes lighting up in understanding. "Very right about that, Mr. Potter, I'm with you strictly for your body."

He snorted. "Right. I love you, Ginny. Sometimes I think I don't tell you that enough."

"Oh Harry!" Ginny murmured, kissing him softly. "Of course you tell me and most of the time you don't even have to say it. I can see it in your eyes. You're eyes get so dark and intense and there's just this look you get in them, it's hard to explain but when you look at me with that look I know that you love me more then anything else in the entire world. I sometimes wonder why."

"Because you're so bloody amazing."

She sighed. "I'm glad you feel that way. But there are so many girls that are way more beautiful then me. Like Romilda Vane for example. She's a horrible person yes, but she's gorgeous and you just know that when she gets older she's going to be super model material."

Harry grinned. "I haven't noticed. She scares me and I avoid her."

Ginny laughed. "Okay, I'm being dumb. Ignore me." Then her voice grew serious. "I love you so much it scares me sometimes."

He pulled her closer to him so that she could snuggle into his chest. "I think that that means we're doing it right then."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I don't think love is supposed to be perfect and if it is then it's not right. I mean look at Sirius and Lexy, you remember when he told us he was getting married. He was terrified out of his mind and thought that he was going crazy. Remus just pushed and pushed at Tonks because he was afraid of what he felt. In a way I guess my mum was afraid of Da and they ended up together too." Harry explained. "I'm scared of what I feel for you sometimes and I can't imagine what it would be like if you weren't here, weren't in my life. I think I would die a little inside."

"That was the most beautiful thing you could have said, Harry. I think you're right, love's not supposed to be perfect. No one gets along all the time. We argue, it's rare I admit, but we do and we make up. Ron and Hermione are always arguing and well look at my parents. They are just ... they're amazing and I've always looked to them and known that I wanted that some day."

He grinned. "Me too." He tilted her face towards him and kissed her softly. "Want your present now?"

She laughed. "Yes."

He grinned and pulled away so that he could find it in his robes. He pulled out a tiny box and quickly enlarged it before he handed it to her. "Happy Valentine's Day."

Ginny stared at the box for a moment, it was long and rectangular. "Is this embarrassingly expensive?"

He shrugged. "I thought you were greedy."

She blushed and untied the ribbon before she opened the lid. Inside of the box was a silver bracelet. It was corded and twisted and in every other small twist there was a brightly coloured stone.

"I asked the jeweler what each were. This one is amber, then citrine, quartz, an opal, ruby, tourmaline, and an emerald. I thought that it was pretty."

Ginny glanced at him and sighed. "It's so beautiful. Harry, I didn't expect ... I thought maybe I was going to get flowers or another charm for that other beautiful bracelet you bought me."

He grinned. "I liked this better. You know, for someone who wanted her present so badly you're kind of speechless."

"You really shouldn't spend so much money on me."

He rolled his eyes. "Why? Because I'm swimming in galleons. Gin, are you alright?"

She shrugged. "It's just ... I don't care what other people think but sometimes I hear rumours that ... well I am only dating you for your money and it makes me angry."

He grinned and took the bracelet from her before he slipped it on her wrist. "Uh-huh, well you've already admitted that you only want me for my body."

She laughed. "I'm being stupid. I love it. It's gorgeous."

"Not as beautiful as you." He murmured, pulling her close for another deep kiss. "So, can I see your tattoo now?"

She blushed. "You're hopeless."

"Nuh-uh, just determined."

"Don't you want your present?"

He grinned. "Maybe. Maybe I was just hoping that seeing the tattoo could be my present."

Ginny laughed and pulled out a box from her purse. "Happy Valentine's Day, Harry."

He led her over to the kitchen table and they took their seats before he opened the box. Inside was a beautiful silver watch with a gold snitch cover over the face. He opened it up and grinned. Under the lid of the snitch was the time, a broomstick was the big hand and a beater bat was the little hand. The numbers were instead Quidditch balls.

"Gin, this is brilliant! Where did you find this?"

She grinned. "I was talking to Charlie and he has this friend that designs Quidditch things and I explained what I was looking for and he came up with this. It's the only one of its kind. I thought that you would like it."

Harry tied the silver looped band over his wrist and then grinned. "This is great! My old watch is a bit beat up, I suppose."

Ginny nodded. "A little yes." She laughed when he scooped her up out of her chair and into a big comfy chair in the corner so that she was on his lap. "Harry!"

"Ginny!" He whined, his hands sliding through the buttons on her shirt.

Her eyes widened when he flung the shirt over her head. "My, my, Mr. Potter, you are bold."

He grinned and slid his hands up to cup her through the lace. "I want to see that tattoo."

She laughed. "You're looking in the wrong place."

He tilted his head sideways to grin at her. "I think I'll get there eventually."

She blushed a deep shade of red, her hands not quite steady when they fisted at his chest. "Harry-"

He shook his head. "I just want to taste you. I want to touch you."

She nodded. "It seems like -"

"It's not, Gin; I know we're not ready yet, though sometimes I wonder why the hell we're not. We've gotten close enough."

She slid her hands under his shirt. "I love you."

He grinned. "I love you too." Then he brought his lips down and crushed them to hers in a kiss filled with so much passion that her body practically exploded from the sensations. His hand slid under her skirt and his thumb and forefinger gently ran over the shape of the dragon. "Found it."

She grinned. "You're hopeless." She quivered under his touch and when his lips began to move down her neck she knew that she may not be ready for that final step just yet but she knew that it was coming. It was coming very soon.

*********

"Can I open my eyes yet?" Hermione asked, as she was dragged along the hall by Ron. He had told her that he had some kind of surprise for her and had then blindfolded her and was leading her along somewhere.

"No, not yet. We're almost there."

Hermione simply sighed as she tried to figure out where they were. But they had been walking forever and she'd been through so many halls and corners and up so many stairs that she had no idea. She heard him mutter a password and then the sound of something opening before he pulled her inside.

"Okay, now you can look." He carefully untied the blindfold and she blinked to try to get a look at her surroundings.

The room was rather small and had a chesterfield in it but it was decorated in red rose pedals. There was also a huge bouquet of red roses on a table in the room.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Mione."

She grinned. "Ron! This is so sweet, where are we?"

He smiled. "Some old guest room that Harry found when exploring the map. There's about eighteen in the castle. There's a bedroom through there and the washroom and small kitchen are through there. I thought it was good spot to be alone." He walked over to where the bouquet was and he picked up a single red rose and he handed it to her.

"I love it. It's sweet."

Ron smiled at her and then he wrapped his arms around her waist. "I have a gift for you too." His ears were red now and Hermione smiled, standing on her toes to kiss him softly.

"Oh yeah?"

He nodded and led her over to the chesterfield. They took a seat and Ron reached down next to their seats and pulled out a small box. He handed it to her and then he watched anxiously as she began to untie the ribbons.

Hermione looked down into the box curiously and then she gasped in surprise. Inside was a beautiful pair of sapphire earrings in sterling silver. They were diamond shaped and gorgeous. "Ron," she breathed.

"I know that they're really expensive but I've been selling a lot of the twins' products here at school and I get fifty percent since I've been selling them. I saw them in the store at Hogsmeade last year and I wanted to buy them for you. So I've been saving up. Do you like them?"

Hermione could only stare at them. "I never expected ... oh, Ron they're beautiful!" She unhooked them from the sponge and carefully placed them in her ears.

"They look even more beautiful on you."

She smiled and put the box on the table, reaching over to tug Ron towards her. Her lips met his softly and she smiled at him. "I love them. Thank you."

He grinned and pulled her close to kiss her again. He slid his hands into the complicated twist she had done to her hair and he pulled out the pins so that her bushy curls fell into his hands.

"Ron," she murmured. "Do you have any idea how long it took me to do that this morning?"

He shrugged. "I like it like this." He kissed her again and smiled. "I knew those earrings would look perfect on you."

She smiled. "Thank you. I have something for you. It seems like nothing now though."

"I'm sure I'll love it, Mione."

She laughed. "I know you'll love it, it's just ... it doesn't seem like enough now after your present."

Ron grinned. "I'm sure it's perfect."

Hermione smiled and reached into her bag to pull out his gift. The box was a lot larger then hers had been. "Happy Valentine's Day, Ron."

Ron took the box from her with a grin on his face. He opened it up and pulled out a bright orange book. He glanced at it quizzically for a moment and then he opened it up. It said across the top: Chudley Cannons and The Most Amazing Plays.

"You see, each page has a little video of something great the team did at one time. Famous moves and the players and things. I thought that you ... well, I know you're pretty much the world's biggest Cannons fan."

Ron grinned. "This is brilliant, Hermione!"

She smiled. "Oh, I'm so glad you like it. I was worried there for a moment."

He laughed. "No, I love it. Blimey, look at that, this is how they won the championship back in 1892! If only they had players now like they did back then. And look at this - the Wronski Feint! I didn't know anyone from the Cannons had used that!"

Hermione rolled her eyes and wondered why she had bought him that book again. "Well, that should keep you occupied for a while then."

Ron seemed to recognize the anger in her tone because he tossed the book behind him instantly and pulled her into lap. "Maybe later, I have other plans today."

She blushed and slid her hands over the back of his neck. "What kind of plans?"

He brushed her hair out of her eyes and leaned down to kiss her softly. "Why don't I show you?"

She nodded as he lay her down on the chesterfield. He leaned down to kiss her, nibbling on her lips until she whimpered. He slid his hands down to slide up her blouse, his calloused fingers running over her skin. She moaned and he used his lips to travel down her neck.

"I love you," he whispered before he kissed her just under her ear.

"Ron, I love you too." Her hands were tugging at his shirt now and she pulled it over his head and tossed it over the back of the couch. She ran her hands over his chest, admiring the smooth skin with a few freckles here and there.

He grinned down at her and unbuttoned her blouse, pulling it open and taking in the simple white lace bra. His eyes met hers before his mouth moved down to plant tiny kisses along the edge of the lace. Her body arched towards his mouth and he used that moment to reach back and unhook her bra. He continued his lazy journey over her skin with his mouth and she groaned.

"Ron, make love to me."

His eyes met hers, showing surprise in them. "What?"

Hermione's hands fisted in his hair. "I want to make love with you."

"Are we ready for something like that?"

She blushed now, looking a little unsure. "Ron, I've dreamt of this moment since I was eleven. I've waited for you to notice me as something other then a friend since I was thirteen. I've been in love with you almost my entire life. I want you."

He grinned and leaned down to run his tongue over her exposed skin. "I want you too. I just wanted to hear you say it."

She laughed and tugged him closer. "I want you, Ron."

Ron captured her lips in his and deepened the kiss, his hands sliding to her skirt. "Good."

She gasped when he practically ripped the skirt off of her, surprised at the wave of passion she felt. Then when his hands and lips began to make their way down her body she knew. This was the moment she had been waiting for. She reached for the snap of his jeans and grinned. She didn't want anyone else but him. He wiggled out of his jeans and continued to kiss her, soft and hard, long and lazy, fast and hot. But she knew that she was making the right decision when just before they joined he whispered gently in her ear.

"I love you, my Mione."

And at last, she was home.

*********

Seamus grinned when Lavender sat down next to him on the couch in the common room. The room was pretty empty since it was Valentine's Day and other then some first and second years mostly everyone else was off with their sweethearts. He smiled at the love of his life when she sat down.

"Hey, what are you doing here? Isn't Justin doing something special for you today?"

Lavender shrugged. "I don't know. He wished me happy Valentine's Day this morning and kissed me and then said he had some work to do and that he would talk to me later. Do you think he might actually have something planned and just wants to surprise me?" She asked, her voice hopeful.

Seamus slipped his arm around her. "I don't know. I don't know Finch-Fletchley too well, except that he's kind of dull."

She sighed. "He's so dull. I mean, Seamus he's sweet and kind and smart but he ... all he ever talks about is himself. He doesn't even listen to me when I talk. I don't know if these feelings are new of if it's just because I'm so angry about Hogsmeade being cancelled."

"You were supposed to meet you're secret admirer right?"

She nodded. "I was so pumped. I wanted to look amazing."

"Lave, you always look amazing."

She grinned and her head fell onto his shoulder. "Thanks. This is the worst Valentine's Day ever."

He smiled and ran his hand over her shoulder. "I'm sure Justin has something planned for you. He can't be a total jerk."

"If he doesn't, are you going to beat him up?"

Seamus laughed. "If you want me too, I suppose I could. I don't think Finch-Fletchley would put up much of a fight."

She grinned. "I was being sarcastic, don't you dare beat him up!"

He grinned. "I won't touch him."

"Hey Lavender!" A first year called out. "There's some guy named Justin outside of the portrait hole for you."

Lavender grinned. "He remembered!"

Seamus managed a small smile as he watched her jump up and do a quick fix on her hair before she hurried out of the room. He sighed as he watched her go. Harry had definitely been right about one thing. He couldn't wait the two months and by the sound of it, neither could she. He went upstairs to his dorm and stretched out on his bed before he began the last letter he planned to write to her. He had just finished when Dean sauntered in.

"Seamus, mate, what are you doing in here moping?"

Seamus grinned. "Why do you think I'm moping?"

Dean shrugged and took a seat on the bed. "Mate, you could be having a good time. Padma wants you bad. I'm sure you could at least get a good shag in. She never got over you."

He rolled his eyes. "Dean, look mate, I know you mean well, but you've never been in love. I don't want to shag Padma. I did last year. We dated and we had a good time but that's over. I love Lavender."

Dean sighed. "I know you do, mate, but until you come clean she's not going to know. What does that tell you?"

"To come clean?"

"Well, yeah, or move on. The secret admirer thing has been working has it not? But with Hogsmeade cancelled you've got to take the next step."

"I know," Seamus murmured. "Harry said the same thing. I'm going to. I'm going to have her meet me somewhere soon."

Dean grinned. "Good."

"So what are you doing up here anyway on Valentine's Day?"

Dean grinned. "Parvati mentioned that she wanted to change. I told her I'd meet her in the Astronomy Tower in an hour. I think I'm going to get lucky."

Seamus snorted. "No offence Dean, but uh, you and Parvati have been shagging like rabbits since the start of the year."

"Doesn't mean I can't look forward to shagging her again does it?" He asked. "Well, I'm going to go take a quick shower but good luck."

"Thanks."

He watched his friend head into the bathroom and he turned back to the letter he just wrote. He read it over carefully and then nodded. It was the last letter he was writing and this was the chance. When she met him he would find out just where he stood.

*********

Lexy was sitting in her office marking papers thinking very angry thoughts. It was Valentine's Day, supposed to be the most romantic day of the year but here she was, on her first Valentine's Day as a married woman sitting alone. She wanted to kill Albus Dumbledore. Sirius had woken up that morning, promising to make it a wonderful day but then news of Hogsmeade spread. Dumbledore wanted certain staff members, who were members of the Order, to discuss the security features for the next trip. They were also going out near the attacks to look for any type of evidence that may have been left behind.

Sirius had been gone for hours and she was not pleased. Dumbledore told her she couldn't go in her condition because she had to stay home and protect the baby. She was as strong as a horse! But when Sirius had turned those puppy dog eyes on her she had relented. Now she was sitting here in her office marking essays and wishing desperately that she was anywhere else. It was almost dinner time and so far the only thing she had gotten out of her Valentine's Day was long deep kisses and a single red rose. She smiled at the memory but then returned to her scowling.

Lips fell onto her neck and arms encircled her waist and she smelt him before she saw him. That familiar scent of his cologne that made her blood run hot. "Mmm, miss me?" He asked as he kissed her earlobe.

"You better leave; my husband's a very jealous man."

"Mmm, I'll make it quick then. Wouldn't want to get caught." He spun her chair around and knelt in front of her. "I'm sorry, baby."

She leaned forward and took his face in her hands to kiss him softly. "I know. I'm angry at Dumbledore, not you."

Sirius grinned. "Good. Because I've got big plans for you." He scooped her up into his arms and headed into their bedroom. He dropped her down onto the bed and he snapped his fingers and something gold fell from them.

Lexy caught it in her hands. "What's this?"

"You're present. I never got around to wrapping it."

She opened the palm of her hand and stared down into it. There was a thin gold chain there with a tiny heart-shaped tag. On the tag it read: L - Happy times together we've been spending. I wish that every kiss was never ending, wouldn't it be nice? - S. She laughed. She couldn't help it.

Sirius grinned. "What don't you like it? I figured it was kind of like a tradition we've got to keep the classic going, honey."

Lexy grinned. "You are without a doubt the most ridiculous man." She wrapped her arms around and snuggled close. "I love you."

He wrapped his arms around her and let her cuddle. "I love you too. Does that mean you like it?"

She nodded and moved back to put it on. Sirius tied the clasp for her. "It's sweet. Thank you."

He leaned forward to kiss her softly. "You're welcome." He slid his hands down to the bottom of her shirt. "Now I think it's time for my present. Where's Padfoot?"

Lexy laughed. "Outside with Hagrid and Fang as usual. Why?"

He grinned. "Because innocent eyes shouldn't be seeing what I've got in store for you." Then he leaned down to silence her with a kiss.

**********

Remus rolled over in bed that morning when he heard the shower start. He had no desire to leave it. He was warm and cozy, still quite satisfied from the mind-blowing sex his gorgeous wife had woken him up with that morning. He smiled into the pillow and sighed when he heard Daniel waking up. He climbed out and stretched, pulling on a pair of faded gray sweatpants before he headed into their son's bedroom.

He was lying on his stomach, his arms flailing as he cried. Remus reached down and scooped him up into his arms, snuggling him into his shoulder. "Hey there, no need to cry. Daddy's got you."

Daniel stared at up him with big blue eyes, his hand reaching out to grasp Remus' finger as if in reassurance.

Remus planted a kiss on his son's head. He was now just a little over seven weeks old and he still couldn't believe that he was a father. He carefully placed Daniel on the change table before he changed his poopy nappy. He was kind of thankful that he had so much experience from changing Harry's nappies that he didn't have to worry about it. Daniel didn't move, he just shoved his thumb in his mouth and watched Remus carefully.

Once he was changed, Remus carried his son back into the bedroom, crawling back into bed. He lied on his back and held Daniel on his stomach, leaning down every once in a while to kiss his cheek. Within five minutes, both father and son were fast asleep.

Tonks came out of the bedroom ten minutes later. Her hair was bubblegum pink today, but the spikes were messy and wet as she hadn't gotten around to doing it yet. She was wrapped in Remus' dark blue ratty fuzzy robe and she was debating what else she wanted to do since it was Valentine's Day. Her eyes softened when she walked into the bedroom and saw them sleeping. She carefully crawled onto the bed and snuggled close, turning so that she could kiss Remus. Then she slipped Daniel out of his arms and slipped her robe open so that he would have access to his breakfast.

Daniel woke at the movement and made a tiny noise that caused Remus to wake up. Tonks silenced him by bringing him to her breast where he suckled happily.

"You two looked cozy." Tonks replied.

Remus grinned. "Well, he woke up."

She laughed and crooked her finger at him so that he came close enough for her to kiss him. "You're so cute, you know that?"

He looked slightly bewildered by this. "Okay."

"Happy Valentine's Day, Remus." Tonks murmured, pulling him close for another kiss.

"Yeah, same to you. I've got a present for you."

"Oh yeah?" She asked.

He nodded and crawled off the bed before going into the closet and taking something out of his coat. "Happy Valentine's Day, Nymphadora." He opened the lid for her, since her hands were full of their son and she gasped.

It was an oval gold locket with a red stone in the centre. He opened it for her and on one side was a picture of the two of them kissing on their wedding day and the other side was a picture of Daniel.

"Remus, it's beautiful!"

He smiled. "The red stone on the front is a symbol for Daniel's birthstone." He reached over to put it on for her. "That way you can remember both of your two favourite men."

She laughed and tugged him close for another kiss. "You'll have to get up to get your gift. But it's in the top drawer of my dresser."

Remus smiled and found the box quickly; he shook it lightly and heard a rattling. "Is it handcuffs?"

"Remus!" Tonks exclaimed, blushing.

He grinned. "Well, I thought it was clever." He sat down on the bed and pulled it open. Inside was three small glass vials filled with an amber coloured liquid. "What's this?"

"James found it actually. It's an experiment that they've been working on at the ministry. James stole some and tested it. He did all sorts of tests. He swears on his life that it works. He told me to give it to you."

Remus stared at the vials again. "What are they, Tonks?"

"It's a potion that's supposed to stop you from changing completely into a werewolf."

"How?" He asked, his voice hard and his eyes swirling in emotions he couldn't explain.

"When you change, you ... you will still keep your state of mind. Meaning, the wolf won't completely take over. You'll change physically into a werewolf but your mind will be Remus." Tonks explained.

Remus stared at the potion. "He's sure it works?"

Tonks nodded. "It's been tested on quite a few different people and it's all been the same result. It will make you safe."

"The Wolfsbane makes me tired and weak but I'm still the wolf. This will let me be me?"

"Yes."

He sat the vials on the nightstand before he crushed his mouth to hers in a long kiss. "I thought after having you and then Daniel, there was nothing you could have given me that would make me happier. You continue to surprise me."

She smiled. "I love you. I want to protect you."

He nodded. "I know you do. I love you too." He kissed her again and then planted a kiss on Daniel's cheek. "So love, how long until this little guy goes back to sleep?"

Tonks laughed. "Give him half an hour."

Remus slid his hand under the robe and over her thighs, a wicked grin on his face. "Okay. But not a minute more."

***********

Draco sat in the Slytherin common room flipping through the pages of his journal. He wanted to write but at the same time he couldn't think of what to write or how to write. He was stuck. His eyes drifted across the room to where Delilah was curled up in a black leather chair, a book in her hands. She was entirely focused on what she was reading and didn't even notice that he was staring at her. He sighed, Valentine's Day sucked.

He decided it could get worse when he noticed Pansy making her way towards him. She was beautiful and always had been. She had dark black hair that she wore chin length which flattered her face and her eyes were a dark blue. But no matter how beautiful she was, she drove him bloody insane. He rolled his eyes at her as she stepped in front of him.

"You know, Draco, I think it's awfully rude of you to not get me anything for Valentine's Day." She demanded, her hands on her hips. Most of the guys in the common room were now staring at her in desire but she ignored them.

Draco shrugged. "Well, you're not my girlfriend so why should I get you anything?"

"I'm your fiancée! That means you have to get me something!"

"Not by choice and I think that changes quite a bit!"

"Ugh," Pansy replied angrily. "You have to marry me! And when you do you're going to start treating me with respect! I put up with a lot of crap from you, Draco! You watch other girls, hit on other girls, what about me?"

Draco glared at her now, not even caring that their conversation was now being known to the entire common room. "What about you? Hell Pansy, you're more then okay on your own. Why don't you ask one of your boyfriends to buy you something special for Valentine's Day? Eh?"

"What?" Pansy demanded, her face reddening and making Draco see for the first time why some people thought she looked like a pug.

He rolled his eyes. "Oh please! You've shagged more guys in this room then I can count on one hand! Am I right Montague? Pucey? I know I caught you in a broom closet with Warrington and his pants were down. And don't forget Flint two years ago and Bole last year? Who else am I forgetting Pans? Huh? How many other guys have you shagged while you're so incredibly in love with me?"

"You jerk!" Pansy shrieked. "You've ignored me for how many years and when I turned to someone for comfort you throw it back in my face!"

"I'm not throwing it back in your face, Pansy. I don't love you and I don't want to marry you and I'm telling you now that if I can find a way out of the betrothment, I'm getting it."

Pansy glared at him. "You wouldn't dare! We're getting married in July, Draco! Nothing is going to change that!"

"I'll change that! I'm tired of having my life decided for me! I'm tired of everything! Leave me the hell alone!" He demanded.

Tears welled up in Pansy's eyes before she stormed up the stairs to her dorm. Guilt swam through his system a bit but he didn't care. She needed to know that being with her was against his will. Neither one of them had agreed to get married but were being forced into it by their parents. He sighed and his eyes sought Delilah's across the room.

She was looking at him, which surprised him enough to make him smile and for his heart to pound. Her eyes were intense and what he saw in them told him that she disapproved a bit but at the same time seemed to be proud. He wasn't sure why. He was getting to his feet and walking towards her before he knew what he was doing.

"Hey Delilah," he replied softly.

She stared into his eyes for a moment. "Hi. I almost feel bad for Pansy. Almost."

He laughed. "I know I was rude to her but she just doesn't get the point. We were arranged to marry before we were even a year old. I don't want to get married in July and I don't want to marry her."

"Why July?" Delilah asked.

"Because that's her seventeenth birthday. I turn seventeen in May."

She nodded. "Malfoy, do you like me?"

He glanced at her in surprise. "Why?"

"Because Pansy is always accusing me of stealing you away and she says it's my fault that you're always staring at me. Do you fancy me?"

"Does it matter? You hate me."

Delilah nodded, standing up. "No, it doesn't matter, I was just curious."

He watched her walk away and sighed. Yeah, he really hated Valentine's Day.

*********

Bill finished writing his letter to Ginny and sealed the envelope before sending it away with his owl just as Fleur came into the room.

"Hey beautiful."

She smiled at him and curled into his lap. "Who are you zending letters to on zis day?"

"My incredible Spanish mistress. She has hands and a mouth like you wouldn't believe. The things she does to a man when his fiancée is out of the room."

Fleur laughed and kissed him softly. "I will 'ave to keel zis woman."

Bill grinned. "Yeah. The letter's just to Gin. I need to ask her something is all."

She nodded and turned to straddle him in the chair. "I theenk I 'ave moch better plans for you."

He hardened and slipped his hands up her back. "Oh, yeah? What kind of plans?"

Fleur leaned down to whisper something in his ear so outrageous that he blushed.

"Merlin woman! Let's not waste a moment." He scooped her up into his arms and practically ran into the bedroom, dropping her down onto the bed.

She laughed and cupped his cheek. "I love you, Bill."

He leaned down to kiss her softly. "I can't wait to marry you." Then he brought his mouth to hers.

************

Emma lay across the bed, incredibly spent and satisfied. She reached over to pat Charlie's naked bum. "You never fail to amaze me!"

He grinned cheekily and rolled over to look at her. "I try my best. I don't think I can move. Ever."

She laughed and moved to cuddle. "I always thought you were dreamy but I must admit I never thought the day would come when I would end up in bed with Charlie Weasley."

"What can I say? I'm a sex god."

She snorted. "Right."

"Emma, can I ask you something?"

She nodded. "Sure."

"You love Gin like a sister, right?"

Emma glanced at him in surprise. "Yes, I do. Ginevra and I get along wonderfully. Why?"

Charlie sighed and managed to prop himself up on his elbows. "Where do you see this going? I mean, between us?"

Emma sat up. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, I live in Romania and you in New York. This can't work, right?"

"Work?" Emma asked. "Charlie I thought we were just having a good time. What are you looking for?"

He grinned. "A good time. Gin just got me all worried by something she said. She seems to think we're going to get married or something."

Emma paled. "Marriage?" She squeaked, tugging the covers up over her breasts. "No, no, no, I am not getting married, we're not getting married. Right?"

Charlie laughed. "Well, just look at you." He slid his hand up to tug the sheet away and nibbled on the spot. "And here I was worried you might have the same ideas."

"Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean that I automatically want to get married and have kids! I'm here strictly for your body!"

He chuckled. "Nice to know. So I'm only good for shagging then?"

She sighed as his lips roamed over her shoulders. "Not only, but you're pretty damn good at it."

"Pretty damn good?" He growled. "I can do better then that!"

She gasped when he crushed his lips to hers. "Mmm, I like the way your mind works."

He grinned. "Happy Bloody Valentine's Day."

She laughed and raked her nails over his back. "So far I'm not complaining." Then he silenced her with a kiss.

************

Demelza sat in the Gryffindor common room trying to pretend that it wasn't Valentine's Day. She was technically dating Geoff Hooper but since their first date was cancelled because of the Hogsmeade trip, she figured it didn't really count. So she wasn't getting a Valentine's Day celebration. She was alright with it though, or she had been until she saw the little scene across the room.

Andrea Donald, a fifth-year-girl who shared a room with Ginny was curled up on Colin's lap snogging him senseless. Colin seemed to be happily enjoying himself too as his hands roamed over her behind in enthusiasm. Demelza glowered darkly at them.

It wasn't his fault and she knew that as he had no idea how she felt. He thought she was too young but he was wrong. One day he would realize that. She had to cling to that. She sighed as she watched Colin paw at Andrea.

Valentine's Day sucked.

***********

Neville found himself pushed back against the wall of a broom closet on Valentine's Day, Luna's small hands raking over his back and her legs wrapped around his waist. He wasn't complaining in the least but was much more interested in the way her body felt pressed so close to his. Her tongue danced along his jaw and around his lips. He let out a small whimper when she took his bottom lip between her teeth.

"Luna," he murmured against her lips, his fingers digging into her hips.

He tore his mouth away from hers and trailed down her neck, surprised when she tugged her shirt open to give him more access. He continued to follow the journey over her exposed skin and she gasped when he nipped and nibbled lightly.

He still wasn't quite sure how they had ended up here. They had been walking hand in hand through the halls and Neville had given her an exotic plant that bloomed different colours. She had thanked him and then the next thing he knew here he was. Not that he was complaining.

His eyes widened when Luna began to tug his shirt out of his pants and then he just groaned when her hands roamed over his chest.

"Neville," she whispered, looking up into his eyes.

"Yeah?" He asked, his voice hoarse.

"I'm going to take terrible advantage of you."

Neville grinned sheepishly. "Okay."

Luna grinned and brought her lips back to his, taking all thoughts completely out of Neville's mind.

************

James woke up early on Valentine's Day and when he rolled over and looked at the woman next to him his heart swelled. It had been fifty-three days since Lily had returned to him, not that he was counting of course. But every morning he woke up with the same reaction. He couldn't believe that she was here. After spending eleven years without sleeping beside her it was hard to get used to the feeling that she was there.

He moved closer to her, wrapping an arm around her waist and burying his face in the crook of her neck. She let out a small sleepy moan and he grinned.

"Lily."

"Mmm," she moaned. "Not morning yet."

He grinned and began to nibble his way over to her ear. "But it is."

Her eyes opened and those gorgeous emerald green eyes stared into his. "James?"

"Yeah?"

"Where is your hand?"

He grinned wickedly as his hand continued to stroke over her bum. "Enjoying itself. Where are your hands?"

She rolled her eyes and then groaned when his lips moved down her body. "Jamie, I'm not even awake yet!"

"Mmm, I am."

"I noticed." She replied with a laugh as he rolled on top of her. She fisted her hands in his hair and pulled his face to hers for a long kiss. "I love you."

James smiled down at her. "I love you too. Happy Valentine's Day."

She smiled. "Valentine's Day, wow, time flies, eh?"

He nodded. "Aye it does. I've got something for you." He rolled over the bed and reached into the drawer of his nightstand and pulled out a dark blue book and handed it to her. "It's not much and nothing expensive or costly at all. But it's something that I had planned to give you for Valentine's Day before ... well, it didn't happen."

Lily brushed her hair out of her eyes and took the book from him, sitting up in bed before she opened it up. Inside, she recognized his writing immediately. "What is it, James?"

He grinned and kissed her softly. "Just read it. I'm going to go get breakfast in bed."

Lily watched him pull some pants on before he headed out of the room and she turned back to the book. It was a little battered in the corners and she wondered if this was a journal of some sort. She had read through the journals James had given her of everything that she had missed as well as the letters that Harry had written home from school. Now she opened the book again and began to read:

July 1968 ...