Chapter LXXXIII - Happiness and Sorrow

Draco was in the hospital for a week before Madam Pomfrey let him leave. The gashes had been deep and he had been drinking so many potions during the days that he was there that he could barely keep up. He was anxious to leave and to eat real food. If the week in the hospital wasn't bad enough, Pomfrey made him go see her twice a day every day for the week after he was released. He groaned and grumbled about it but at the same time he was secretly pleased that he was being treated so well and that people actually cared about his well-being.

Lily, James, and Lyra were there every day visiting him. If not all together, they showed up at one point or another. Remus, Tonks, and Daniel came as well. The visitors made him smile and they made him remember that he had somehow ended up with a family. Molly and Arthur had even showed up to make sure that he was okay. Molly fussed over him just as much as Lily did. He grumbled about it, but he loved it.

Blaise, Daphne, Ted, Dana, Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Seamus, Lavender, Neville, Luna, and so many others visited him on a regular basis, as well. They all had stories to tell from the battle as well as rumours to inform him about what was going on. Draco was thought to be hero at the moment and the entire school was buzzing with it.

Now three weeks had passed and the school was still buzzing about the attack. None of the Death Eaters had been caught, even if their identities were known. Draco himself was the person who was the most injured and he had gotten back up on his feet fairly quickly which made the school see him as a hero. Pansy was still fussing over him every damn minute and he was ready to curse her. She didn't seem to understand that he wanted her to leave him alone. It was Delilah that was constantly on his mind. Why had she come to visit him in the hospital? She had only shown up that one day and it was on his mind constantly. If only Pansy hadn't ... he swore angrily. It didn't matter. His birthday was coming up soon and then he was going to be married. Married at seventeen. He closed his eyes at the thought. It made him sick to his stomach to think about his soon to be wife.

He managed a small smile for Ginny when he noticed her approaching him and he tried to push his sour thoughts away. "Hello."

She grinned. "Hey look who's up and about and walking and talking. It's only been three weeks do you think maybe Madam Pomfrey should look you over again?"

He glared at her. "Don't even think about it!"

She laughed. "It's good to see you back. I never thought I'd see the day that I was worried about you. But we all were. It was scary there for a minute."

He nodded. "Yeah, for me too."

Ginny smiled. "Well come on, we've got a bit of a surprise going on for Easter weekend."

He gave her a puzzled look. "What kind of surprise?"

She grinned. "We're going to the manor! Actually we're leaving pretty much now. We just had to find you. Sirius just found Harry and I to tell us. We've been working on trying to find everyone."

Draco grinned. "The manor? Really?"

"It's good to see you smiling."

"Hey Malfoy, leave my girl alone!" Harry replied grinning as he hurried towards them, tugging Ginny into his arms.

Ginny laughed and pulled Harry close for a kiss. "I'm a tease, can't help it."

Harry laughed. "Yeah, I know it. Alright let's go!"

Harry led the way up to Dumbledore's office where they met Ron and Hermione along with Sirius. "Lex took a portkey there. Floo makes her a little sick." Sirius explained before anyone could ask where his wife was.

They stepped into the fire and soon they were all bringing luggage and other belongings that Dumbledore asked the elves to pack up for them, to their appropriate rooms. Draco followed Harry down the stairs just as Lyra came into the hallway.