Chapter LXIV - Sirius and Lily

James stumbled back as blood gushed from his nose. "Alright, that one was free."

"HARRY JAMES POTTER!" Lily exclaimed from the bed. "HOW DARE YOU PUNCH YOUR FATHER?"

"No Lils, I deserved that. But the next one, I'm going to hit back." James replied as he looked at his son and then quickly healed his nose as much as he could though he knew he was going to have a good shiner the next day.

Harry shook his head. "Good, hit me back." He moved towards James' again but this time a hand grabbed his arm to hold him back and he turned to look into eyes so very much like his own.

"Harry ... stop this, look at me! What do I look like to you?" Lily asked as she gently pulled her son closer to her.

"I don't know."

"She looks pale and definitely not healthy," James supplied.

"Don't bloody talk to me!" Harry demanded, his eyes flashing and James simply took a step back.

Lily sighed. "I was in a coma, Harry."

"So?"

"I was in a coma and I was expected never to wake up."

"So that gives Da the right to never tell me about it!" He whirled around to face his father. "Does anyone else know? Do Uncle Remus and Uncle Sirius know? Have you all just been laughing behind my back?"

James shook his head. "No Harry ... no one knew. I only just ... I only just recently confessed to Dumbledore who told me that he had known all along."

"I'm glad James never told you," Lily replied.

Harry's eyes snapped back to hers. "What?"

Lily nodded. "You heard me, sweetheart. I had no memory of who I was or where I came from. I was completely gone and then when I slipped into that coma ... that's not the way that you should ever remember your mother. I'm glad that James never told you. I wouldn't have wanted you to see me like that."

"Lily," James whispered. "Honey, you looked beautiful, you never stopped."

Lily smiled. "Liar. I can only imagine what I must look like now. Harry, please ... don't hate your father over this."

"I don't know if I can do that," Harry replied calmly.

Lily still held his hand in hers as she pulled him down onto the bed and into her arms. "Merlin, sweetheart ... I need you to do it, for me."

"When did you ... I mean ... how long have you been ...?"

"Just a little while ago," James answered as Harry's eyes met his. "Ginny and Emma ... they arrived here and they ... they cured her."

"Ginny?" Harry asked, his heart swelling at the idea that she was back.

James nodded. "Ginny said that she could feel my pain from America and they arrived here ... she had the same reaction as you when she saw Lily lying in the bed. But then she and Emma ... they did ... it was incredible ... and then Lily woke up and she remembered everything."

Harry let his mother cuddle him closer, his face buried in her neck and shoulder. "Ginny did this ..."

Lily smiled as she kissed his cheek. "She did, precious ... she found me and helped me come home. I was so lost." She kissed his forehead and then his cheeks again before she pulled him back into her arms.

"Mum?" Harry whispered as the realization hit him that this was his mother holding him in her arms. This was his mother, the woman that he had wanted more then anything in his entire life to be there was here. He held her closer and kissed her cheek, causing tears to run down her cheeks.

"Yes, honey, I'm here. I want to go home."

James sat down on the bed next to them. "You're coming home; we just have to get the healer to take a look at you first."

Lily reached over to cup her husband's cheek. "But Jamie, I feel just fine."

"No. I'm not risking anything. I'm not risking you, not ever again. I need you."

Harry glanced over at his father. "Why did you never tell me, Da?"

James sighed. "I didn't know how. You were so young and I didn't want you to see her like this until you were older but then as the years passed it became harder and harder to get the words out. I'm sorry, even though I know you don't want to hear those words. But right now, let's just get past this anger and be thankful that your mother is back with us. Alright?"

Harry nodded. "I can do that. Ginny really cured you, Mum?"

Lily nodded. "She did. She was little worn out afterwards and I believe Emma said that they were returning to Potter Manor this evening."

There was a knock on the door and James stood up. "That's the healer."

Harry watched as his father opened the door.

"Time's up, Mr. Potter. You know that visiting hours only go so long." The healer replied with a smile.

James grinned. "She's awake."

"What?" The healer asked.

James stepped aside to leave the bed clear for the man to see. "She's awake."

The healer stepped into the room and shooed Harry off the bed before he began to check her over with his wand. Then he stood back and smiled. "It's a miracle. I'd like to keep her overnight for observation but then I think Lily can go home tomorrow. She'll be home for Christmas Eve."

Tears rolled down Lily's cheeks. "I want to go home now. James, I don't want to stay here."

James took her into his arms, cradling her into his lap. "I know, darling. But Healer Dolan thinks that it's good for you."

Healer Dolan nodded. "We just want to make sure that everything stays alright. It's only one night, Lady Potter."

Lily shook her head. "James, I want to go home with you and Harry. Please, don't make me stay here!"

Her hands fisted in his shirt and he nodded. "I'm taking her home with me now."

"Mr. Potter! I don't recommend that!"

James shrugged. "Just tell me what to do; I'll take care of her."

Healer Dolan sighed. "If you take her home, then I must insist that you bring her back in the morning for a check up. Do I make myself clear?"

James nodded. "We'll be here."

Healer Dolan nodded and left the room.

Harry turned to his parents then. "How are you going to explain to everyone that Mum is alive?"

"Harry, why don't you go back to the manor and tell everyone. I'm going to get Lily showered and dressed and talk to the healer about any last minute instructions. We should be there in about an hour. I'll explain everything when we return." James replied.

Harry nodded. "Alright, but your still going to have a lot of explaining to do." He leaned down and kissed his Mum's cheek. "I love you, Mum."

Lily nodded, tears in her eyes. "I love you too. I'll see you in a little while, darling."

Harry nodded and then turned to head down to the ground floor of St. Mungo's where he quickly flooed back to the manor. When he arrived in the entrance hall, the house was very quiet. He headed into the common room and sighed when he saw the large group of people. Draco, Hermione, and Ron were sitting on the floor while the furniture was covered with Bill, his arm around Fleur, Charlie, who was sitting next to a beautiful dark haired woman, Fred, George, Molly, Arthur, Remus with Tonks in his lap, and Sirius, with his arm around Lexy.

"Harry!" Sirius exclaimed when he saw him come in. "What happened?"

Harry gulped as he took a seat. He still wasn't sure if he believed any of it. "It was one hell of a secret."

"Harry! Watch your language!" Molly replied.

Harry grinned. "Sorry, Molly ... it ... it wasn't what I expected at all."

"It's alright, Harry ... I know that you're in shock but you need to tell everyone." Emma replied. When he looked up at her she smiled. "I'm Emma, Ginevra and I were there and we know ..."

Harry nodded. "Thank you for what you did."

Emma smiled. "It was all Ginevra. I was only tagging along for the ride."

Harry nodded and he closed his eyes. He looked up when he felt a comforting hand on his shoulder and grinned at Sirius. "It was Mum."

Sirius eyed him quizzically. "What?"

"Mum." Harry said again.

"Lily?" Remus asked, standing up. "Was he going to Lily's grave like we thought?"

Harry shook his head. "No ... he was going to see her though. He never ... she's been in a coma at St. Mungo's the entire time."

"Bloody hell!" Ron exclaimed. "So your mum's alive?"

Harry nodded. "Very much so. I missed Emma and Ginny by a few minutes ... they cured her."

All eyes in the room fell to Emma. "It wasn't me. Ginevra did it all on her own. She's one powerful witch."

"She's ... Lily-Love ... alive?" Sirius asked, shock radiating from his voice.

Harry nodded. "Da's talking to the healer now. He's bringing her home tonight."

"Wow," Draco murmured. "That's some brilliant shit." He blushed when Molly glared at him. "Sorry, Mrs. Weasley."

Remus and Sirius were still staring at Harry in shock. "She's really ... all this time ... he's never told anyone?" Remus asked.

Harry shook his head. "No ... but apparently he recently confessed to Dumbledore who admitted to knowing the entire time."

"How did you react?" Sirius asked.

Harry could feel the anger rising in him again as he remembered. "How do you think I reacted? I punched Da in the face!"

"Did you?" Arthur asked. "I bet that he didn't like that."

"He shrugged it off. Told me that he deserved it but that the next one wasn't free."

Remus nodded. "Wow ... I don't even ..."

"Yeah ... where's Ginny? I need to see her." Harry exclaimed. He didn't want to be around all of these people, he realized. He just wanted to talk to Ginny. He wanted to get out of the room before he suffocated under the questions he didn't want to answer.

Bill smirked. "She's resting upstairs. She did some intense magic, which we now know what that entailed, and is resting now. And Potter ... keep your mouth closed when you see her."

Harry nodded; not quite understanding what Bill meant. "Right." He turned on his heel and left the room. He could hear everyone talking and his eyes flashed angrily. They didn't know how he felt. His mother had been alive all of this time and he had thought that she was dead. Now she was back and ... he didn't know how to act. And then there was Ginny ... she had not only come back but had cured his mum and returned without even communicating with him? What the hell was going through her mind?

By the time that Harry had reached her bedroom door he had gotten himself back into a right temper. He was angry at her for a reason that he didn't even understand. He banged on the door and when he didn't hear a response he spoke.

"Ginny, open the damn door!" He exclaimed. When she didn't respond again his temper rose. "Ginny! Damn it! How the hell could you come back and not tell me and cure my mother! She's alive! Why the hell didn't you warn me before I went to the hospital! Why the bloody hell aren't you answering me? I've got a frickin house full of people and my da is bringing my mum home and ... damn it, Gin, open the door!"

The door opened and Harry's jaw hit the ground. His eyes traveled over the long hair, the full breasts, the curvaceous hips, and over the denim skirt, black knee high boots, and white blouse. He opened his mouth to speak but no sound came out. He tried again and still came up empty.

"What are you yelling about, Harry? Merlin! I was in the loo!" Ginny demanded, her hands on her hips.

Harry tried to speak again, but when nothing came out he simply took a step forward, kicked the door shut behind him, and yanked her up against him, crushing his mouth to hers.

She tasted exactly like he remembered, but now her body was basking in a scent so her that he wanted to gobble her up whole. She groaned as he raked his teeth over her neck and devoured her lips again. He turned around so that she was pressed against the door as he nibbled on her lips in between long, deep kisses, his tongue dancing with hers.

Ginny was gasping. The sensations that she was feeling were so incredible she wasn't sure if she was breathing. Emma had warned her that the physical part of their relationship was going to be intense, but this was crazy. Everywhere his hands touched she felt like her skin was on fire and the burn started in her toes, working its way up. His hands were in her hair now, sliding through it as another hand slid down to unbutton her blouse. This was Harry ... her Harry ... Merlin, she had missed him.

Her fingers dove into his hair as she attacked him with her mouth, desperate for a deeper taste. He had managed to get all of the buttons undone and his hands were sliding along her ribcage as he kept her pressed against the door. She wrapped her legs around his waist, locking her feet at the small of his back before she dragged his tee-shirt over his head. He groaned and began to nibble on her ear before he followed a path of hot, wet kisses down the column of her throat and around her bra.'

His hands slid up her ribs to cup her through the soft silk and she tossed her head back and moaned. She could feel his heated gaze as it traveled down her body. Then she felt a finger follow the outline of her bellybutton ring. She was wearing the dangling G today.

"I like this," he murmured, bending his head so that he could kiss around it. "I really like this."

She laughed as she dragged her hands over his chest. "I was hoping that you would. That was some hello, Harry."

He grinned and buried his face in the crook of her neck. "I missed you. Merlin, you look ... I've never seen anyone so beautiful in my life. You took my breath away."

She smiled as he carried her over to one of the chairs. "I missed you too ... I feel like I'm on fire."

"Me too. The things you do to me." He brought his lips back to her throat and she gasped.

"Harry!"

He pulled back before he gently began to re-do the buttons on her blouse. "Yeah?"

"Do you remember what I told you? About how ... my senses they magnified?"

He nodded. "Yeah."

She gulped. "That was so intense. I couldn't breathe."

He grinned and kissed her softly. "I'm glad I can take your breath away."

She blushed and he grinned as he watched the flush cover her entire body. He buttoned the last button up and then he lifted her shirt up a bit to play with her ring.

"Has anyone else seen this yet?"

Ginny shook her head. "No ... Mum's going to kill me if she does."

He laughed. "It's kind of sexy."

She laughed. "Hmm, I was hoping you'd like it, among other things."

"What other things? I don't know if you could possibly surprise me anymore. I love your hair and ... your body ... your ... Merlin Ginny ... every guy in school is going to try to kill me."

She grinned. "Well, that's alright ... when I show all those girls just who you belong too; they'll realize it as well."

He smiled. "Yeah." His hands played gently with her hair, but he didn't say anything else. Finally, Ginny spoke up.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

He shook his head. "You brought her back."

It hadn't been a question but she nodded. "I did."

"She's alive Ginny ... she's been alive the entire time ... how could he not tell me?"

"What did James say, Harry?"

"That he didn't know and then Mum said that she didn't want me to know. That it was no way for me to remember her, lying in a coma. She's coming home in about an hour."

She nodded. "That's good news. You'll get to spend Christmas with both of your parents."

He nodded. "Yeah."

"I expected you to be angrier ... I felt your anger earlier ... it was so intense I thought for sure that you were going to blow something up and I was on the verge of going to you when I felt ... you just completely calmed down."

"Mum ... she ... she was holding me in her arms and telling me not to be angry at Da ... I don't know, I was surprised I calmed down so much too." He replied.

She laughed. "Are you alright?"

He nodded, cuddling her closer and kissing her softly on the lips. "I am now that you're here."

She smiled. "Come on, let's go downstairs and wait for James and Lily to arrive."

"Okay."

Ginny climbed off of his lap and went to go fix her hair in front of the mirror before she took his hand in hers and they headed back down into the living room. Everyone looked up when they entered the room.

Bill grinned. "Well, didn't expect you two to return to us so early."

Molly pursed her lips as she looked at them. "Hmm."

Ginny thought that it was best not to respond and instead curled up on Harry's lap on the couch in between Lexy and Tonks. She smiled at Tonks. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I'm ready to pop. Three more weeks of this and I'm done."

Ginny laughed and placed her hand on Tonks' stomach. She could feel the heartbeat of little Daniel and she knew instantly that it wasn't going to be three weeks. "He's ready to come out soon. Two weeks tops and little Daniel Lupin here will enter the world. Maybe he'll even show up before Christmas"

Tonks grinned. "Ooh, I hope you're right."

Ginny laughed and when she moved her arm accidentally brushed Lexy's and a storm of emotions flew through her. Her eyes met Lexy's as she experienced them all, but the one that stood out the most was the little tiny heartbeat that she felt. "Lexy?"

As Lexy looked into Ginny's eyes she knew instantly that Ginny had seen what was inside of her. "Yes, you're feeling that right."

"You're pregnant?" Ginny asked, keeping her voice low as her eyes darted to Sirius', who was holding Lexy on his lap and talking to Remus.

She nodded. "Yes."

Ginny smiled. "May I?"

Lexy nodded and allowed for Ginny to place her hand on her flat stomach as Sirius glanced down curiously.

"What'cha doing, Gorgeous?"

Ginny could feel the movement of the baby and she smiled. "Would you like to know the sex?"

Lexy smiled. "You can tell me?"

Ginny nodded. "Yes."

"Sex?" Sirius asked, a puzzled look on his face.

"It's a girl."

"What's a girl?" Sirius asked, his voice rising now so that it reached the entire room.

Lexy gulped and she looked at Tonks who nodded at her. "Our baby. I'm pregnant, Sirius, two months."

Sirius' jaw dropped open. "That's ... no you're not ... we said we ... we don't want any kids."

Tears poured down Lexy's cheeks as she jumped off of his lap. "No, you prat! You don't want kids! I do! Why the hell do you think that I didn't tell you?"

She hurried out of the room as Sirius stared after her in shock.

Molly glared at him. "You are an insensitive bastard, Sirius! You go after your wife right now and you tell her how much you love her and that baby! Go!"

Sirius simply nodded and hurried after his wife. He found her in their bedroom, packing her suitcase.

"Lex, what are you doing?"

"What does it bloody look like I'm doing? I thought maybe that it would work ... but I was a fool. It's over Sirius ... I want children." Tears continued to stream down her cheeks as she sobbed. "I want children so much!"

"Lex ... please, I love you, don't leave me."

Lexy shook her head. "I know you love me. But it's our baby that you don't love. I can't stay with you when you don't want our baby."

"Lex, come on! I just found out, give a bloke time to adjust!" Sirius demanded as she continued to pile clothes into her suitcase. "Where are you going to go?"

"To my parents' house. I'll see you when school starts up again."

She was halfway to the door when he grabbed her arm and whirled her around. "You're not just going to walk away from me!"

"Let go of me," she whispered.

"No ... I love you. We need to talk about this."

"Okay, Sirius, let's talk. Do you want this baby?"

Sirius was silent for a few moments and when the tears began to pour from her eyes again he sighed. "I don't know."

"Well, until you do know, I won't be here."

She tugged her arm free and slammed the door shut behind her. Sirius stood there staring at the door, wondering just what he had done.

Lexy was half-way down the stairs when James and Lily came out of the fireplace. She wiped the tears from her eyes but it was too late, James had already seen her and then them.

"Lexy, what's wrong? What did Padfoot do?" He asked as he hurried over to pull her close.

"Nothing. So this is Lily Potter? It's an honour to finally meet you."

Lily smiled warmly. "And you. I have a great respect for the woman who can tame Sirius. Now why don't you tell us what's wrong?"

"I'm pregnant."

Lily grinned. "Oh, that's wonderful! Sirius would make such a wonderful father!"

Lexy laughed. "I think he would. But since he can't decide if he wants the baby or not, we'll leave that discussion for another day. I'm sorry, James, but I can't spend Christmas here. I'm going to my parents' house. It was nice to meet you Lily." She hurried forward and disappeared in the fireplace.

James' eyes hardened as he looked after. "What the hell did she mean by that? Sirius doesn't want the baby?"

Lily shrugged. "I don't know. You should go talk to him."

James nodded. "I will. Just let me ... come on." He held her hand tightly in his before he stepped into the living room. All eyes fell upon them when he entered the room. "Everyone ... Lily's home."

Remus stood up and he grinned, stepping forward to pull Lily into his arms and then he gave her a small kiss on the lips. "Welcome home."

Lily smiled and hugged him tightly. "It's good to be here."

James kept an arm comfortably around her waist. "Alright, so you know Moony. That hugely beautiful pregnant woman is Mrs. Nymphadora Tonks Lupin, better known as Tonks. You met Ginny who I see is quite cozy on Harry's lap; Emma Stanton is sitting next to Charlie Weasley; then Bill Weasley; Bill's fiancée Miss Fleur Delacour; Fred Weasley; George Weasley; Ron Weasley; Hermione Granger; Draco Malfoy; Arthur Weasley; and the lovely Molly Weasley."

Lily smiled. "It's nice to meet you."

James nodded as he helped her sit down.

"James, I can move on my own." She protested.

He smiled. "I know. Indulge me." He leaned down to kiss her softly. "I have to go knock some sense into Sirius. I'll be back."

Harry watched his father leave the room and he smiled at his mum who was sitting behind him on the chesterfield as Ginny cuddled on his lap. "Hi Mum."

She ran her fingers gently through his hair. "Hi sweetheart."

"What kind of sense does Da have to talk into Uncle Sirius?" He asked.

Tonks sighed. "He doesn't want the baby, does he?"

Lily shook her head. "From what I got from Lexy ... he doesn't know."

Molly walked over to take a seat next to Lily. "James will smarten him up, dear, don't you worry. It's nice to finally meet you. Harry could definitely use a mum around."

"Hey!" Harry said, his voice pretending to be offended. "I'm insulted. I can bloody well take care of myself."

"Harry, language!" Molly exclaimed, giving him a small cuff on the head and making Lily smile.

"If you've been giving him that motherly role model, then I'm sure he's been doing just fine."

Molly blushed. "Oh, thank you. So dear, would you like anything at the moment? I'm sure I could get Maddy or Mickey to bring you a drink or some food maybe?"

Lily shook her head. "I'm fine, Molly, really." She turned to look over at the two small house elves that had wandered into the party. "Good evening Maddy, Mickey."

"Lady Lily," Maddy sobbed. "Tis true! You is back!"

Lily nodded. "I'm back. Have you been taking good care of my men for me?"

Maddy nodded. "Always my lady! I is keeping my eye on them, I is."

Mickey smiled. "We is honoured you is back, my lady."

Lily smiled. "Why is it, that after all these years you still don't call me Lily?"

Maddy shook her head. "Tis disrespectful, my lady. You is the lady of the manor ... Master James and Master Harry are different."

Lily smiled. "Alright." She accepted the glass of orange juice that Maddy pushed into her hand.

"Drink it up, my lady, it will make you strong."

Lily grinned. "I promise, I'll drink every drop." She turned to the room in general, taking a deep breath. It felt odd to be back but she knew that she needed to act normal if she wanted everyone to act normal around her. "So ... I think that I need to be updated on past events as I remember James talking to me, but I'm sure there are many things that I missed. Who wants to go first?"

***********

As Lily was downstairs getting to know everyone, James headed up the stairs to Sirius' room. He banged on the door and then didn't even wait for his friend to answer it, he just pushed it open. Sirius was sitting on the bed, his face in his hands. He looked up at the sound but then he turned back to his hands.

"What the bloody hell is wrong with you?"

"She's having a baby girl ... my baby girl."

James nodded. "Yes, she is! And what the hell are you doing about it? Instead of being happy and excited you tell her that you don't know if you want the baby and then sit in here and mope! You're lucky she didn't bloody well hex you!"

"A baby Prongs ... a little girl."

"I heard you, Padfoot ... what are you afraid of?" James asked.

"A tiny little girl ..."

"Snap the hell out of it!" James exploded, punching his friend in the arm. "Yes, you're having a baby girl! Do you want the baby, Sirius?"

Sirius gulped. "Of course I want the baby!"

"Well, you sure as hell didn't tell your wife that!"

Sirius stood up, his eyes flashing angrily. "Piss off, Prongs! It's my fucking life! At least I didn't keep the fact that my wife was in a sodding coma a secret from my own bloody son!"

James paled. "That was different! And we're not talking about me! We're talking about the fact that you're wife is pregnant with your child and that you don't give a damn!"

"What the hell kind of father am I going to be, Prongs? What I can I do? My father was a fucking abusive drunk and my mother was an over-controlling evil bitch! I hated my parents! That's what I come from! How the hell do I know that I won't turn out to be just like them? And have my kids grow up hating my fucking guts! Have you ever thought about that, James?"

James shook his head. "You're wrong. You're nothing like you're parents, Sirius. You never have been and you never will be. You were amazing with Harry as a child. Lily and I always said that you would make a great father when the time came. You're just scared. But I can tell you this much, if you love your wife as much as you say you do, then you better go make it up to her or you're going to lose her. Do you want your baby? Do you want Lexy? Or do you want to lose them both?"

Sirius gulped. "I can't lose Lex ... and I sure as hell can't lose this baby. I'm going to be father."

James grinned. "You're going to be a father."

Sirius grinned. "I'm going to get Lex ... thanks Prongs."

James nodded. "Anytime and Sirius?"

"Yeah?" Sirius asked from the doorway.

"When you're holding that tiny baby girl in your arms, you'll know that you made the right choice."

Sirius smiled. "I don't have to wait that long. I already know that I made the right choice. Lexy's my life and now this baby is part of that. I'm not going to lose them because I was too stupid and scared."

James grinned. "Good. Hurry back too ... Lily wants to see you."

Sirius nodded. "I will and Prongs?"

"Yeah?"

"I understand why you kept it a secret. I forgive you."

James nodded, tears in his eyes. "Thank you." When he opened his eyes again, Sirius was gone.