Chapter 16

(Be ready for the extra long chapter. Sorry I just couldn't stop writing.)

We were in the car going to a boutique that Mason said his sister loved. Mason was driving and Nic called shotgun. So I sat in the back with Zane worrying. Luke said his parents were coming. And they are throwing a frickin dinner party for them which means they are really special and probably have high expectations. UUgghhh. I've actually never been so nervous before. I really like Luke and his parents are apart of him. I have to make a good first impression.

"OK, let's go over the do's and don't's of fashion." Nic was trying to get my mind off things and she knew how.

"NO blue because that causes people to lose their appetite. NO feathers because what the fuck. NO giant dresses only some exceptions. NO plaid. NO hats. NO jean. NO showing off the underwear. NO animal prints." That was all I could think of for this situation. I looked up at Nic to signal it's her turn for the do's. (THESE ARE MY PERSONAL RULES YOU DONT HAVE TO FOLLOW)

"Off shoulder dresses are good. Strappy is good as long as it isn't too strappy. Lace is a big yes as long as it's not all your wearing. Cleavage is sometimes good depending on who will be there because pedos are everywhere. Jewels are also good it blinds people with your beauty. Silk and velvet are in and are a YES. Plain and simple is good because less is more. If you wanna show off your legs a slit on the dress running up the leg is amazing." I liked these rules and I was going to stick to them. (AGAIN MY PERSONAL RULES THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO FOLLOW)

Once we got there Mason parked the car and we got out. The boutique was called Dazzle Boutique. I looked inside the windows and I could immediately spot at least 8 different dresses for this occasion.

"This boutique is owned by Mrs. Sally Kingsman, A dear friend to Melinda King, Lukas and I's mom. My mom requested Mrs. Kingsman to design and create dresses for you both." Zane said as we walked in. I didn't know they were planning this and that their mom even knew I existed.

A lady behind the counter looked up and smiled brightly. She quickly made her way toward us and she introduced herself. She came right up to me. As if she already knew me.

"Hi, I'm Sally and you must be Mindy's daughter in law." She put her hand out for me to shake and I wasn't sure to shake it or not because yeah sure she was nice but she just referred to me as 'Mindy's daughter in law'. Meaning I'm married to Luke and I don't remember signing a marriage license. I shook her hand anyway. I assumed she was Melinda's best friend and best friends tell each other everything so I don't want her telling Melinda I'm a horrible person.

"Auntie Sal, They aren't together," Zane spoke up. Her head snapped to him. I was relieved I didn't have to be the awkward silence breaker.

She looked at me with an apologetic look. "I'm so sorry for assuming! Please forgive me." She genuinely was sorry.

"It's all right. You didn't do anything bad." I smiled and since she held my hand in hers I placed my hand on top of hers. Her eyes flashed with something I think was adoration but I couldn't be too sure because as soon as it came it was gone.

 Her eyes flashed with something I think was adoration but I couldn't be too sure because as soon as it came it was gone