Chapter 18

"You look stunning. Absolutely gorgeous. God, how did I get so lucky? You're perfect." He sputtered out the compliments like it was nothing. I felt myself smile and feel happiness overwhelm me. Wow. Nic was right.

"Thank you. Te ves guapo." I smiled. His look changed to confusion. What did I do?

"Umm, Bella. Luke doesn't speak Spanish." Nic corrected me while standing next to Mason who had his arm linked with Nic's. They do look cute together. I hope Luke and I look like that.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Um, you look handsome is what I said." I smiled. He grinned and moved closer to put his arms around me as if we were slow dancing.

Through all of this Gabby and Nia stood behind us holding hands. That's when it clicked. They're together. Aww their so cute.

They smiled at us and since Luke was staring at me he followed my line of sight and spoke.

"I see you have met my sister hope she didn't tell you bad things." He said as he glared at Gabby and gave a tight-lipped smile. She smirked.

"Yes, good things. She told me you make me seem amazing the way you talk about me." I smiled up at him still in his arms. He blushed. Like he full on blushed. I was happy.

"Let's get going before mother gets impatient and you know how she gets." Gabby gave Luke a look saying 'let's go before mom beats our ass'.

We walked down the stairs like a wedding ceremony. Gabby and Nia walked down first, hands linked then Mason and Nicole went, arms linked. Luke and I were next and I knew the way we went down together would determine where we were in this relationship. Maybe I was just overthinking.

But then Luke turned his head over to me and smiled at me with such passion and love in his eyes. I smiled back and Luke put his hand out for me to grab. I grinned wider and took it.

We went down looking like a love-struck couple and I didn't mind one bit.

At the end of the staircase stood our friends and an older couple which I could only assume was Luke's parents. They were greeting everyone else. Except for Luke's dad. He just stood there and let his wife do all the work.

When we stepped off the last step Luke's mother turned around with a wide smile on her face.

"OH, you must be Isabella!" Mrs. King exclaimed. She went in for the hug so I allowed it.

She could very much so be my future mother in law. Wow. Already planning on marrying Luke huh Bella.

"Yes, I am and you must be the very hermosa Mrs. King." I smiled with a look that said please like me. I think I'm trying too much.

"I have no idea what that means and please call me Melinda. You're a special one." She smiles back. She genuinely seemed happy and it made me less nervous.

"Hermosa means beautiful in Spanish, Melinda." I smiled back. I realized the whole night would be filled with smiles and my cheeks were gonna be so sore at the end.

"Well this is my husband Adrian King. Honey say hi." She turned her head slightly and gestured toward me with a violent shake of her head.

He looks at me as if trying to figure me out. Like what bro. Wanna go. Bet. Come at me bro. You ant gonna figure out nada (nothing) bitch.

Ok Bella calm the fuck down he's not an opponent.

I gave him a smile and just looked at him as if I was judging him. I wasn't I was just tryna look intimidating. Which was hard for me.

"Hi." Did he just use that tone with me?! Ohh hell nah! Quien demonios se cree que es!? (Who the hell does he think he is)

He's your future father in law.