Chapter 23

He was running and I held on for dear life with the wind pushing my hair back, making my body shiver.

I felt sleepy even though Luke was running at a speed that cars could barely reach.

The trees blurred together and all I could see was Nicole on Mason's back right beside us.

Nic turned her head towards me and smiled. So I smiled back.

Letting my gaze drift passed her I saw the sun just barely peak the horizon. I smiled again.

*Flashback*

"Why is the sky turning orange mamá?" I stood on top of the counter looking out the window as my mom did the dishes for her boss.

"Mija, what did I tell you about standing on the counters?" I quickly scampered off. No one wants to feel the pain of the chancla on their culata (butt).

"Not to stand on them because you just cleaned them with the expensive granite cleaner," I repeated her words the day I first dared stand on the counter.

"Good girl. Now the sky is turning orange because," she paused to look at me then smiled and continued, "because your Abuelo's (grandpa) favorite color is orange and Abuelo was a friendly man so he made friends with Jesús who decided he would turn the sky orange for a few moments, once in the morning and once in the evening in honor of Abuelo."

"WOAH Abuelo must've made an impack!" I said looking up at the sky in amazement.

"Impack?" She questioned.

"Yeah, it's the word of the week." I saw glancing at my mom.

She laughed and continued to scrub while I continued to admire the sky's colors.

*End of Flashback*

Luke slowed down as we got to the front of the castle.

I stumbled off as he stopped as did Nic but we stumbled into each other. Falling to the floor we laughed hard then helped each other get up.

As we were walking I tripped forward and landed on my back somehow. Nic chortled then went held out her hand for me. As I went to grab it she pulled back making me fall back again.

"HA BITCH YOU THOUGHT!" She laughed holding her stomach bedding over. Bitch made me remember something.

"What a thot say!? What a thot say?!," I paused for Nic to join and she did, "1 THOT, 2 THOT, 3 THOT, 4 PUT CHUR FINGER IN HER BUTT BET SHE SAID SHE WANTS SOME MORE!"

We rolled on the floor laughing so hard I'm pretty sure we got abs. I sobered up when I remembered Luke and Mason were watching.

I got up and looked up to see Luke and Mason laughing in their wolf form.