45 | Everything

I want to give back, what you've given to me

And I want to witness all of your dreams

Now that you've shown me who I really am

I want to be more than just your man.

-Keith Urban, "Your Everything"

Rachel

"Ugh, I wish Professor Sanders would post my Abnormal Psych grade!" I moaned, after refreshing the grades page on the student portal for the fiftieth time in the past hour.

"Rachel, chill out. Professors have until December 15th to post grades. You're lucky your other four professors have already posted," Miles pointed out. "What'd you get, all As?"

I glared at him. "Yeah, as a matter of fact I did. I want that fifth A so I can enjoy Christmas break!'

He laughed. "I haven't even checked my grades yet. I don't wanna know," he said, flopping down on the couch.

"Miles Grant Salazar. Pull up those grades right now!" I ordered, crossing the room and planting myself in his lap, my laptop on my thighs.

He reached his arms around my waist and sighed, typing in his username and password. "Fine," he mumbled. "Don't be surprised if you see..." He clicked a few buttons and my mouth dropped.

"3 Bs and 2 As?!" I finished. "Oh my God, Miles! I'm so proud of you!" I exclaimed, turning around and pressing my lips to his.

"Holy shit," he said against my mouth. "This is the first semester in my life I haven't gotten at least one C!"

"I'm so proud of you," I said again. "You even got a B in Dr. Douchebag's class!"

"I can't believe it," he mused.

I set my laptop down on the coffee table and turned around to face him, putting one leg on either side of his waist. "I can. You're intelligent, hard-working... I knew you had it in you, babe," I murmured, leaning down and kissing his neck.

He leaned his neck back and ran his hands down my back. "Thank you, sweetheart," he murmured, straightening his neck and putting his hands on my cheeks, bringing my lips to his.

He kissed me deeply, pulling me closer to him. I ran my hands down his chest and was about to start unbuttoning his shirt when I heard the door open.

"For fuck's sake, y'all!" Luke exclaimed. "Get a room!"

I slid off of Miles' lap and ran my hand across my lips. "Sorry, Luke!" I exclaimed, straightening my shirt.

"Ugh," he groaned. "Sorry for interrupting," he huffed.

"Bro, what's wrong?" Miles asked, pulling a throw pillow over his lap. I looked at him and smirked.

He sat down in the recliner and put his head in his hands. "I think I'm gonna fail Microcomputing," he mumbled.

"What?" I asked. "How is that possible? You've had an A the entire semester!"

"I know, but I'm such a dumbass. I thought the final project was due today during the exam period." He laughed bitterly. "No. It was due last night at midnight. We didn't even have to come to the class today. Dr. Perkins wasn't even there; I had to go to his office and he was utterly disappointed in me."

"Oh, damn," Miles muttered. "That sucks. Did he let you turn it in?"

"Yeah, but he told me he hadn't decided yet if he was going to accept it. And he said even if he did accept it, he was going to take off 50% as a late penalty. So no matter what, I flunk the final," he said, hanging his head in misery.