1

Anna's POV

I stare out at the rain falling heavily as I wait for the bus.

8:15 am

Shit I'm gonna be late again.

The bus pulls up not long after I realise how late I'm going to be. I jump on the bus and take a seat up the back near the Android area.

I know majority of people aren't a big fan of androids except for when they do their housework, but I couldn't care less whether the person I'm talking to has a brain or programming. As long as they aren't rude I'm cool with them.

Buzz buzz

{ Hank Anderson }

"Hello Hank," I say swiftly as I answer the phone.

"Anna, you going to be late?" Hank asks me directly.

"Such little faith in me..."

Silence.

"The answer's yes," I say with a sigh.

Hank hangs up on me as soon as he gets the answer he wants.

Around 8:40 my bus arrives. Ten minutes late, like usual.

"Ah here she is," I hear Hank say.

I do a little twirl and exaggerate my movements.

"Here I am! Finally made it," I say smiling at Hank.

"Hello Detective Jane, I'm Connor, I am the Android CyberLife have sent to cover any and all cases regarding Deviants," The person standing next to me says.

"Oh hi!" I say shaking the Android's hand that he offered.

"You seem cheery today," Hank says leaning back in his chair.

I glare at Hank playfully and he just chuckles, all while the Android, Connor, looks at us like a possum in the headlights.

"What's our case today?" I ask leaning my hands on the desk in front of me.

"A homocide has occurred and the main suspect is an Android," Connor says from beside me.

"Sounds like most cases," I say shrugging.

Both Connor and Hank stare at me.

"What is true?! Anyway let's go," I say turning towards the front door.

Hank leads Connor and I out to his car, Connor walking side by side with me.

"Miss Jane," Connor starts.

"Anna, call me Anna," I say looking up at him and smiling.

"Okay, Anna, what makes you so eager to go to this case?" Connor asks me.

"Not sure, there's something exhilarating about solving cases," I explain as we arrive at Hank's car.

"Android in the back," Hank says looking directly at Connor who complies.

I get into the passengers seat and then turn Hank's radio all the way down, as I want to keep my hearing. It's a silent drive over to the crime scene with Connor saying a couple things every now and then about what we know already (which isn't a lot).

As we pull up Hank turns around to Connor and stares him dead in the eyes.

"You. Stay. Here."

Connor is about to say something but doesn't.

Hank gets out of the car and I nod to Connor to follow me as we get out as well. I approach the house and it's yellow tape as the officer stops me.

"ID?" He asks.

I show him my badge and walk through but he stops Connor.

"No androids," The police officer says.

"He's with me," I say quickly not looking back.

The officer apologises for the mistake and Connor walks up to me and stands behind me.

Third person POV

Anna wanders around the crime scene with Connor scanning and analysing evidence.

"Connor what are you doing?!" Hank shouts.

Anna turns her head behind her to see Connor tasting dried blood to analyse it.

"I'm analysing it, I get real time results," Connor explains. "Sorry, I should've told you earlier."

"Connor's got sass," Anna comments quickly as she smiles at Connor.

Anna turns back around to look at more evidence, Connor on her heels.

Anna's long blonde hair, slicked back into a high pony tail flicks around and almost whips Connor in the face every time she gets up from the ground or turns quickly. Anna isn't particularly tall either so any high evidence she leaves to Connor or Hank to examine.

Connor finds himself staring at Anna quite often, mostly to avoid a pony tail to the face, but he can't seem to take his eyes off her.

(Then again most boys can't either)

Anna looks around to Connor who is analysing a baseball bat and they exchange eye contact and a smile.

"Hey Anna, come here!" Hank calls.

Anna's head whips to Hank's voice and finally gets Connor in the face with her pony tail as she trots over to Hank.

"Yes Hank?" Anna questions.

"This writing is too perfect to be a humans, don't ya think?" Hank says looking to Anna's profile as she looks at the writing on the wall.

"Hmm, you're right," Anna says softly.

"Detectives, there's a noise coming from upstairs, your Android is going up there now," An officer says.

"CONNOR!" Anna shouts and runs to follow the Android to make sure he knows what he's doing.

Anna pulls herself up into the attic nimbly and sees Connor sneaking around. Anna sticks close behind him and has her gun readied.

Anna's head snaps to a sudden loud noise where a beaten up Android appears. Connor puts a protective arm out in front of Anna as her gun is in both hands and ready to defend herself.

"I was only defending myself, I didn't think I'd kill him," the deviant says.

Anna puts her gun away and lowers Connor's arm, as she is trying to talk to the deviant.

"It's okay, we aren't going to hurt you, we are just going to take you back to the station and keep you as safe as possible," Anna says softly, putting a hand out to try and relax the Deviant.

"I don't believe you!"

He has a fair reason to not believe me.

"Connor! Anna! What's happening up there?" Hank shouts.

Connor and Anna look to each other before looking to the deviant and Connor moves his head to the attic entrance, while keeping an eye on the deviant.

"It's here lieutenant!" Connor shouts.

The deviant sighs in defeat as people come to collect the Deviant Android.

~~~~~~
A/N
I was gonna do something with the third person POV but I thought it didn't fit so next chapter I'll do that.

also thanks for 100 reads on this chapter :)