5

"Ah Detective Jane, you seem to be miss-" the officer greets.

"I know don't even bother talking about it, just tell me what we know so far," I say quickly.

The officer explains the case to me whole Connor scans the room looking for anything out of place.

"Also Gavin is in there."

I look to Connor who sees my reaction to Gavin's name being mentioned and he comes over to me. Connor walks in before me, I'm following close behind.

"Lovely, Anna and smartass Android, what are you doing here," Gavin says snarkily.

"We are doing our jobs unlike some people in this room, Gavin, so I suggest you get a move on and leave before I kick your ass," I snap.

Gavin pretends to be shocked at my attitude and goes to say something but is stopped by Connor.

"Save it Detective Reed, get a move on," Connor says quickly as he scans the bodies in the room.

Gavin raises his hands in defeat and leaves, but not without mouthing 'call me' to me as I look on in disgust.

"Thanks for helping there Connor," I say investigating the messy room and dead man in the bed.

Connor ignores me and continues to analyse blood.

"Lucky Hank isn't here he'd be disgusted," I joke.

Connor looks at me and smiles before going to analyse more stuff.

"Don't tell me Connor just licked something," I hear a booming voice say.

"Look what the cat dragged in, decided to keep your job I see," I spit.

"Shut it Jane, I'm only here because the bar closed," Hank says with a grumpy undertone.

"Sorry your precious bar closed for the night, sometimes you have to do your job so you can actually have a life," I mock.

"Could you two stop? You need to be nice to each other otherwise this is over!" Connor says interrupting us.

I look at Hank and shrug my shoulders, "Guess the android's right."

Hank sighs and gets to work while I continue what I was doing.

•••••••••

I wrap myself in my jacket and put a beanie on and approach Hank and Connor who are sitting on a park bench looking out at Detroit.

"Can I ask a personal question Lieutenant?" I hear Connor ask.

"What's there to lose, go on sure," Hank says.

"Why don't you like Anna?" Connor asks.

"Long story..." Hank says taking another drink.

Connor shifts to show that he's listening while I stand in silence behind the men.

"Anna and I used to be really close a few years ago, her mother, her brother and her used to live next door and she and Cole played together almost everyday, she was a bit older than Cole but she enjoyed it. But one day, Anna's mother moved out and she got really mentally unstable, I never saw her until I went to her place to tell her to come to work with me, so she did and joined the force, ever since I thought we were getting closer. I thought I knew her but she suddenly snapped, she changed, we had fights regularly, she got sarcastic, defensive. You've seen her sarcasm, she jokes so often half the time I barely know whether she is serious or not. She got upset with me randomly and still does. It's been 8 months since we last had a night out at the bar together... but now she's so caught up with work she hates me. I guess now, I don't like her as a friend anymore, I see her as a colleague who I fight with, someone I don't 100% care for anymore. Someone I just... lost contact with, even thought we talk everyday. She's a different person Connor," Hank explains taking a swig of his beer every so often.