10

"Lieutenant Jane, glad you're back we found some new leads," An officer says to me.

"Okay hit me with it," I say smiling.

"Okay so the AX350 is still in this apartment somewhere, the victim was shot, the letter was the last thing he wrote, his name is Jason Richards, he had a daughter Adriana, who we would like to find and interview," The officer says.

At the last sentence Hank and I look at each other.

"Uh I know Adriana," Hank says softly.

"You do? Great! Can you contact her?" The officer says.

"I'm Adriana actually," I says quickly, arms crossing in front of my chest as I stare at the ground.

"Oh, ma'am, I'm so sorry," The officer says.

"No it's fine," I say.

"If you say so, but do you wish to continue?" The officer asks.

"Yes I do, I would most definitely like to continue, if you need any information on my father I can give you as much as I know," I say.

The officer smiles and continues to inform me about the case.

After I get informed I walk to Connor.

"Any leads?" I ask.

"Yeah this Adriana, she seemed to be close to The Victim," Connor says looking at the mess of a kitchen.

"Yeah she did, I think she was his daughter," I say giving my input.

Connor is leaning down over a pile of blood, one knee on the ground, the other he is leaning on with one arm as he looks up at me over his shoulder.

"Did you read the letter?" Connor asks me.

"Yes I did, it's heartbreaking, that's why I left actually," I say softly.

Connor stands up and turns to face me, he slowly approaches me.

"Are you okay?" Connor asks me. "My sensors read that you are nervous and really sad."

"Nah, I'm fine, it's just a lot to take in, that's all, especially after being off work for two weeks," I say.

BANG!

Connor and I look at each other, our eyes widening.

"DEVIANT!" We both yell.

Connor runs in the direction of the noise as I try to run to follow him. Considering I can't really run I'm doing my best to get the hang of it.

I reach Connor and see him confused.

"Where'd it go?" I ask.

"I... don't.. know?" Connor says looking around and spotting an open window.

I walk over to the open window and see the Deviant Android running down the street.

"Alexandra..." I whisper.

Connor is now right behind me looking down at the running deviant as well.

"Alexandra?" Connor asks me.

"Yeah that's what Jason called it, he said it in the letter," I say quietly as I turn to Connor.

Connor is staring into my eyes, analysing the heartbreak that lurks within them.

"Anna? Is there something you aren't telling me?" Connor asks me, he softly places a hand on my forearm.

I look back out the window, avoiding the Android's gaze.