23

"Connor?" I question as we enter the apartment.

No response.

Hank starts to search the different rooms incase Connor is hiding there for some reason.

"Con..?" I say curiously as I see an Android with a CyberLife jacket with 'RK800' on the back of it.

"Ah hello, I'm Connor the android sent by CyberLife to assist in the investigation of Deviant androids," the 'Connor' in front of me says.

"Heh, didn't think I was gone that long," I say playfully hitting 'Connor's' arm.

"Excuse me but what do you mean? Who are you?" 'Connor' asks tilting his head.

"Hank?" I call out and Hank rushes over to me.

"Lieutenant Anderson, wonderful to see you again, how have you come along in your investigation?" 'Connor' asks as he turns to Hank.

"Oh no, Anna I'm so sorry," Hank says turning to me as he sees the heartbreak fall over my face.

My friend... he's... he's gone.

"But Connor, I'm your friend!" I shout.

"I'm a machine, I don't have friends."

"But."

'Connor' looks at me quizzically as my hair falls over my face due to me looking at the ground in disappointment.

"Anna, I'm so sorry," Hank says to me as he puts a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

I shrug Hank's hand off my shoulder and walk out to my bike where I lean on it, waiting for Hank and 'Connor' to walk out.

I sit there for about ten minutes before I decide to leave. Just as I power up my engine Hank and 'Connor' walk out.

"Anna where are you going?!" Hank shouts to me.

"Back to the precinct so I can do my job and not waste time on an Android that doesn't even remember that I was his friend!" I shout back.

"Anna! I remember you! You're my friend, I don't know what came over me!" 'Connor' shouts.

I turn my engine off and look at the android as he comes over to me. 

"You're not the real Connor, where was I for six months?" I question, giving the fake android a death glare.

Connor remains silent and I nod and start to drive away.

Knew it. He was replaced. I've lost my friend.

I return to the precinct and head straight to my desk where I drown myself in case files and pray I don't get noticed.

"Anna?" I hear a familiar voice ask.

"What, last time I checked you were replaced and didn't remember me," I spit.

"What? I don't- I haven't been replaced, it's me Connor, I missed you," Connor says, my eyes still focused on my desk.

"Really? Where did I go for six months then," I ask.

"Melbourne, you started the MPD's deviancy solution," Connor says placing a hand on my shoulder.

I feel a smile grow on my face and I hug my friend as tightly as I possibly can.

"Connor I've missed you so fucking much," I mutter into Connor's jacket. "I thought I lost you for good for a second, where were you?"

"I was piecing pieces together about deviant androids and trying to find more of them, I've barely been here, I had to keep my mind from going deviant itself," Connor says into my hair.