11

"I can't believe that he would do that to the poor thing," I say walking through the front door of my house with Connor and Alexander.

I fall onto the couch with Connor as Alexander goes to his room.

Connor sits next to me, one arm over the back of the couch. I scoot closer to Connor and rest my head on his shoulder/chest and slowly start to close my eyes.

I feel Connor's arm move around my shoulders and pull me closer to him so I'm comfortable as I fall fast asleep.

••••••••

All night the letter keeps appearing in my head, alongside what Hank said to me at the station. As I start to wake up I feel Connor start to stir as well, he must've shut down for the night.

"Morning Anna," Connor says looking at me.

I mumble a reply and sit on the edge of the couch, stretching due to how uncomfortable I was when I slept. I turn my head over my shoulder and see Connor smiling at me. I stand up and go start to make some breakfast for Alexander and I.

"Anna, can I ask you a personal question?" Connor asks from the table behind me where he is leaning.

"Sure hit me with it," I say quietly laughing.

"Are you Adriana Richards?" Connor asks.

I freeze in place but continue to cook. I ignore Connor's question and he remains silent for a few minutes.

"Anna, please answer my question," Connor says. "Are you Adriana Richards?"

I shake my head no, "no, course not, it just happens that the victim and I have the same first name."

I turn to Connor and face him, looking him in the eyes.

"I would've told you if I was, Connor, you know this," I say calmly before continuing to cook.

"Yeah, I guess so, I just overheard Hank say Adriana to you and I thought may-" Connor starts to explain himself.

"Everyone in the office heard that," I say quickly.

Connor lowers his head and returns to the table.

"Hey Connor can you get Xander?" I ask nicely.

"Of course!"

Out of the corner of my eye I see Connor walk to Alexander's room and knock on the door and I hear him wake Alexander up.

As I'm finished cooking Alexander is out of his room and at the table.

"Morning Xan," I say smiling.

"Morning Anna," Alexander tiredly replies.

Connor sits down with us and steals a couple things from my plate to nibble on. As much as Connor doesn't need to eat or drink he still can, he just doesn't get hungry or thirsty.

"Hey how you holding up Alexander?" I ask in between bites of my food.

"Alright, I'm doing better," Alexander says sadly.

I sigh and look at my now empty plate.

••••••••

"Am I the only one who hates Gavin's younger sister Clarity?" I ask as we walk towards the precinct.

"No we both hate her as well," Alexander says referring to Connor and himself.

"I've seen how she reacts to Connor, she smothers him in kisses and hugs without Connor's consent, unless you consented to that," I say looking at Connor.