30 - FINAL CHAPTER!

"HAAAANK?" Anna calls out from the front yard.

Hank rushes out and sees Anna and Cole playing with Sumo.

"Yes Anna?" Hank says with a smile.

"Cole wants you to play with us," Anna responds, looking over her shoulder, smiling.

"Of course, not for long through as we have to get to work," Hank says nudging Anna's shoulder.

Anna smiles and nods while the two of them play with Cole and Sumo, pretending to be robots taking over the world, but Anna stops the robots and saves everyone. 

Anna's blonde hair falls over her gorgeous crystal blue eyes, that shimmer in the sunlight while she tackles Cole to the ground and tickles him relentlessly, Sumo jumping around the two of them.

Hank stands up and looks at Cole and Anna, smiling happily that he has two happy people to care for.

"A-Anna! HAHA S-Stop tickling me!" Cole manages to say in-between laughs.

"Not until I defeat you! You evil robot!" Anna exclaims happily, flicking her hair out of her face.

Cole stops wriggling and rests his head on the warm grass, Anna kneels and takes a few deep breaths.

"You two having fun?" Hank asks as he sits on the swing.

"haha, yeah," Anna says smiling warmly.

Cole sits up and smiles largely, hugging Sumo as he walks past.

Anna stands up and walks over to Hank as she leans on the tree. 

"Y'know, I'm glad that you offered for me to come live with you after Mum and Xander left, it's really helped a lot, thanks Hank," Anna says sweetly.

"Of course, you've made the house more lively," Hank says.

HONK HONK

Anna looks over to the road and sees a familiar face, to which she smiles at.

"Hey guys," The person says as they approach the trio.

"Hey, how's it going?" Anna says cheerfully.

"Good, good, I came over just to say hi before I continue to go talk to Kamski," The person says.

"Why you talkin' to him?" Hank questions.

"Oh, my android is having trouble with some things."

"really?"

"Yeah, it's saying some weird things."

"Well, I wish you the best of luck," Anna says placing her hand on the person's shoulder as they smile.

"Thanks, I gotta go but have fun you three," The person says, giving Cole a rub on the head before getting in their car and leaving once again.

Anna watches the person drive away before turning to Hank again and smiling.

"How come you don't go live with your father? He seems like a nice guy," Hank says.

"Uh, I have my reasons," Anna says as she checks the time.

Hank sees the worry in Anna's face as she looks at Cole and the time.

"We'll take him with us," Hank says.

Anna nods and picks Cole up and takes him inside to get ready.

"Am I coming with you?" Cole questions as Anna changes her shirt in the bathroom and puts her work pants on.

Anna exits the bathroom, grabbing her badge, radio, hand gun, phone, keys and ID, putting all of them on her belt. 

"Yes, yes you are, now let's go," Anna says offering her hand to Cole as they head to Hank's car.

The trio drive to the precinct, looking at all the androids and their owners out the front, conversing with some of the police officers about random things.

Anna picks Cole up and gives him a piggy back as they enter the station, people greeting the trio with warm smiles and compliments. Anna places Cole at her desk before heading to Hank's where an android is sitting. 

"Uh Hello, who might you be?" Anna asks politely, offering a hand to shake.

"oh, I'm Connor, I'm the android sent by CyberLife to help with Homicide investigations," The Android says.

"Waddya know, an android helping with our cases," Hank says with a chuckle.

"Nice to meet you Connor, I'm Anna, this is Hank and that's Hank's son, Cole," I introduce.

Cole walks over to us and waves at Connor as he kneels down to say hi to him.

"Hello young man, my name is Connor, you must Cole," Connor says.

Anna swears that she can see a smile spread across both the Android and Cole's faces. Cole walks over to Anna and hugs her hips, Anna's hand holding Cole's back gently. 

"So, what's our newest investigation Hank?" Anna asks as Connor scans the female.

Connor gets all her basic information, like her name, age, allergies, nationality, family and where she lives. 

"A man was killed at a nearby neighbourhood home, it was a break-in supposedly and we have been assigned to investigate it," Hank says smiling at me.

Anna smiles and looks to Cole and then to Connor.

"What's the address, let's get going," Connor says walking towards the entrance.

Anna grabs Connor's arm and pulls him back to where Cole and Anna are, giving him a warm pleading smile.

"Actually, you are on babysitting duty for today, so here's Cole, entertain him, talk to him, take him to a park, do whatever just make sure he's safe, got it?" Anna says as she pushes Cole towards Connor gently.

Connor looks at me, baffled by what Anna just said, his mouth opening to protest but nothing comes out. 

"Good, now Cole, Dad and I will be gone for a little bit okay? So Connor will look after you and if he doesn't, go talk to Captain and he will call me to come get you and give Connor a little talk okay?" Anna says with a small laugh.

Cole nods and salutes me, which Anna returns as she stands up, ruffling Cole's hair and giving Connor a pat on the shoulder.

"He's a chill and easy kid, you'll do great, now bye!" Anna says as she follows Hank out the front doors and to his car, leaving the kid, who is practically her little brother behind with an Android, made for investigation work.

"Good job there Anna," Hank jokes.

"ha, thanks Dad,' Anna says not thinking about her words.

Hank smiles at what Anna just called him and continues driving.

"You're not gonna mention that I called you 'dad'?" Anna questions.

"Nope, I knew it was coming sooner or later," Hank replies shooting Anna a quick glance with a warm smile.

Anna laughs and looks out my window, watching the houses go by as the they pull up to their destination.

Today is going to be a good day.

~~~~~~~~

A/N

so that's it, the story is finished. Hope you enjoyed!

Arrow xoxo