huit

"And then Kookie moved out, and then he went on the scary train, and then he saw Seokie, and then..."
Little Jungkook was animatedly describing his last week with his favorite stuffy, his voice almost in a whisper.
Taehyung just stood there, unsure of what to say or do in this strange situation.

"I- uh- hate to interrupt," Taehyung stuttered, catching the attention of the younger, "but it's almost seven o'clock! Do you want something to eat?" Taehyung was trying his best to imitate what he would usually say to a kid he was babysitting. Fortunately, Jungkook's eyes lit up and he bounced around on the bed. "Food, food, food," he chanted, sprinting towards the kitchen and throwing himself onto one of the bar stools. Taehyung chuckled at the boy's enthusiasm, following him through the large apartment. He opened the freezer, digging through the frozen foods.
"I have frozen fruit, egg rolls, pancakes, chicken nuggets-,"

"CHICKEN NUGGETS!"

Taehyung jumped five feet in the air, spinning around to see a sheepish, blushing Kook.
"Oh- sorry. Chicken nuggets!" Jungkook cutely whispered.

"Okay Kookie, we'll make you some chicken nuggets."

Twenty minutes later, the pair were quietly finishing their food, Jungkook pretending the small nuggets were dinosaurs and having them race across his plate.
"So Jungkook," Taehyung began, "what do you like to do in your free time?"
The younger's eyes brightened immediately.
"Kookie likes to watch cartoons and color and play with his stuffies! Wanna see?"
Before the older brunette could respond, he was being pulled into Jungkook's room and sat on the large carpet. The little pulled out a large box, filled to the brim with colorful items.
Suddenly, his eager, bright aura faded. He now seemed cautious and nervous.
"What wrong Kook?" Taehyung softly asked.
"Promise you won't judge me hyung?" Jungkook asked, his voice barely above a whisper.
Taehyung felt his heart explode. The sweetness and vulnerability was too much for him to take.
"Don't worry little one, I can't wait to see what you have!"

The younger gasped, and began filing through his toys and books. Jungkook pulled out a stack of coloring books, all of different themes.
"I color all the time! See, look!"
The little opened up a princess coloring book to a messily colored page, colors scribbled artistically across the black and white image.
"Wow Kookie, you're such a great artist!" Taehyung exclaimed, holding back a chuckle at the younger's endearing cuteness. Jungkook giggled at the praise, and pulled out tons of fluffy objects. "These are my stuffies!"

And on the night went, filled with laughs and cuteness. For Jungkook, things were finally looking happy, and he couldn't have been more grateful.

A/N
HIYA MY DUDES!
I'm so sorry about the long wait, but it's summer time!!!!
I should have way more time to update, so hopefully my procrastination won't get in the way...
Well, I'll keep this short.
Thanks for reading and take care!
❤️💘💗💞💝💓

~childofjin