neuf

After a long night, the pair finally decided that it was time to go to bed. They both parted, retreating to their separate rooms.
Jungkook, still little, snuggled into his new bed, hugging Gracie and savoring the warmth from the heavy covers. His nightlight lit up the room, calming him down. Jungkook's eyes fluttered closed, and he drifted off to sleep.

WARNING:
Verbal and light physical abuse.
If you decide to skip ahead, I will give a brief, harmless summary of the content in the authors note.

"What's wrong with you, faggot? Huh? Why couldn't you grow up normally?" Jungkook's father screeched. Jungkook crawled into a corner, backing away from his pathetic excuse of a father.

"All I wanted was a masculine, strong, straight son, but what did I get? A childish, bitchy, gay baby. You aren't meant for this family," the old man ranted, closing in on the poor shocked boy, "You're disgusting! Don't cry! If you were a real Jeon you would be standing and fighting back, or at least pretending to be something else. I do everything around here! The least you could do is be something other than a disappointment. I bet you're longing for you're sister to save you, huh? Well guess what? She left."

A kick was sent to Jungkook's side, making him cry out in pain and fear as a fist hurdled towards his jaw.
Maybe he was disgusting... maybe this is what he deserved. The young boy received the kicks and hits, already feeling bruises form. He stayed curled up in the corner the rest of the night, cowering and bawling. All he wanted was someplace to feel
safe. This was not home.

END OF WARNING

Jungkook's eyes flew open, his chest heaving. He shot up, mind frantic. Rain was pouring outside, and his nightlight had flickered out. Anxiety grew in the little's chest, thunder sending him flying back under the sheets. Tears poured as heavily as the rain. Jungkook heard his door creak open, and thinking it was his father, began to weakly scream, his voice cracking.
"Kook? Are you okay?" Taehyung whispered.
Jungkook began to answer, but a clap of thunder rang throughout the room, limiting his words to a terrified yell.

The younger's shivering body felt a dip in the bed, and soon felt Taehyung slide into the  shaking pile of blankets. Arms were wrapped around the little's waist, and Jungkook was pulled into a warm embrace.
"Hey, it's okay Kookie, I'm here. You're safe now, it's alright," Taehyung whispered, lightly playing with the other's hair. Jungkook's sobs were muffled by the older's t-shirt, and he clutched Taehyung as if he were the only thing keeping the poor boy alive.
"Try to sleep Kook, don't worry, I'll be here when you wake up." Taehyung consoled, pulling Jungkook even tighter to his chest. Jungkook's breathing began to even out, and instead of the thunder he focused on the warm arms softly pressed against his back. The little drifted to sleep once again, and the last thing he felt was a soft kiss placed on top of his head.

"You're safe now, Kook."

A/N
For those who skipped ahead, what happened in Jungkook's dream was his past with his abusive father.

AWWWW
I had so much writing this chap bc the sweetness
is TOO MUCH!
I'm so sorry about the long wait, I was on a road trip
and went over the data plan, so I couldn't use
cellular data...
(my family won't get unlimited and I'm like WWWHHHHYY??? But yknow, first world problems)
Anyway, I hope you're having a great summer
for those who're out of school,
And have a great day/night!❤️

~childofjin