Chapter 4: First Impression

Akio POV

"Mmm....". I squirmed in boredom. I waited patiently at the window. Y/N has been gone for quite some time. I hope she rescued Kazuo. And then when she comes home, she can read me a book. Speaking of which...

I ran into my room to get one of the books from my shelf. The Book was the Three Little Bears. It was one of my favorites. I hope she can read me a story. I always loved it when she read me stories. She makes them entertaining.

My ears ringed as I heard a horse from the distance. It must them! I forced my feet in my shoes and opened the door. I knew she could do it...but...something seemed wrong. The horse I saw wasn't our horse and that thing behind it was a carriage.

And someone was here too because I heard a hand hitting against the door. Y/N always told me, I can use my quirk in self-defense. I was hesitant in opening the door but I felt more confident once I turned into my fire form. As soon as I opened the door, Kazuo fell out which made me deactivate my quirk, knowing that it was him.

"Kazuo!", I hugged him in happiness. My face nuzzled on his. "Thank gosh you're okay", I hugged him tighter but he wasn't hugging me back. I'm glad he's back but......

"Where's Y/N?". I asked. His lack of response made me worried. He looked dead, or more of afraid...like something or someone scared him to death. He looked paler.

He looked up at me. His eyes were red and he looked tired. He looked like He was crying. But for what? "Akio....I'm sorry", his voice sounded strained too. But what does he mean?

"What do you mean?". I was confused. I didn't know what he meant by that.

"Y/N....she's....she's not coming back..", he confessed. My heart dropped. My hands were trembling. My jaw was slightly down. He must be playing a trick on me

"What do you mean she's not coming back?"

"I mean...she's not coming back....ever". Kazuo looked back at me with a serious gaze

"No...You're lying". I forced a laugh to try and calm myself down. He has to be lying. There's no way she's gone...

And when he shook his head

"I-I....". The book that was in my hands dropped to the ground. Now my whole body was trembling. But...she promised...

I didn't realize it but I was crying. The tears came flooding down. My hair was over my face, trying to hide the tears. "Nu-Uh. There's no way. There's no way she's gone". I sniffed.

"I'm sorry Akio", Kazuo tried to pull me into an embrace but I backed away from him. I didn't know why I didn't hug him. Maybe because I was in shock or maybe because I wasn't in the mood. Before I knew it, my body turned transparent because of my quirk. When I'm sad, my body turns to water, I still keep my physical appearance but my body just turns to liquid.

I ran inside and shut the door.

I can't believe Y/N gone

---

1 Hour Later. Back at the castle

You continued to sob on your bed. Your tears were pouring out and stained the beautiful covers. You couldn't believe that you were stuck here but it was all for Kazuo. If you didn't, then he would have died.