Chapter 18: Him.....

"Some shall be pardoned, and some punished. For never was a story of more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo". You closed the book, happily hugging it to her chest. "That's one of my favorite stories". You warmly smiled to yourself.

Bakugou yawned. "That story was decent...I guess". He rested his head on his hand.

You two were reading outside on the patio. Ever since Bakugou and the others gave you this, you've been coming outside more. The Library was amazing too but a lot of times, you just wanted to read outside with nature. You only read in the library when it was too hot or raining outside. Luckily it was pretty chilly.

"The story is so romantic to me"

"Yeah sure. Romantic". He did quotation marks with his hand as he almost rolled his eyes. "Ignoring the fact that Romeo was feeling infatuation for a girl he only knew for a few hours and many other things but sure why not". He mockingly smiled. You lightly hit him, smiling yourself.

"Oh shush you". You giggled

"Anyway, read another story"

You scanned through the stack of books you had right next to you. "Let's try this one". The book that you held out was Jack and the Beanstalk.

"Jack and the BeanStalk is a children's book"

"Not exactly. This is a more detailed and longer story than the children counterpart". You explained. You held the book close to your heart. You had an idea in your head but you didn't know how he'll respond. It's better to get it out than never. "I...actually want you to read to me". Bakugou jumped a little

"Kind of like what you did when I was sick...do you remember?". He thought back. That's right. He did read to you. He had just forgotten since it's been so long ago.

"Why?"

"Well, it's just...I thought it was very sweet...and...you aren't so bad of a reader- But if you don't want to read then that's perfectly fine". You looked up at him. His face stared back at you as if you did something wrong.

I messed up big time didn't I. Your eyebrows twitched. You didn't realize it but a second later, he took the book from your hands and flipped to the first page. It took you a second to react. Your face blushed a little

"Whatever". He said. You were genuinely surprised. Normally he would never do something like this. Offer to read to you. Well there was the time you were sick but you weren't feeling that good and you lost your voice a little. No...that's not it. He still offered to read to you despite that. He was..changing. It was such a huge difference from the first time you met

"Hey. Hey!". You jumped out of your thoughts as you heard Bakugou calling. You glanced at him.

"Hm?"

"What the hell is up with your face?". He questioned, sending you a suspicious look. You blinked in confusion at what he was talking about. You brought your hand up to your face to see that it was hot.

"Your face is redder than a tomato". He said.

Oh gosh, it is? You thought to yourself. Well, you were burning up a little. And it did feel a little hot. Were you blushing?

He realized it too. "Wait. Are you-"

"It's just really hot in here that's all". You lied.

"But its cool outside and the windows are up". He countered. Beads of sweat trickled down your face. He was definitely observative, that's for sure.

He sighed at your lack of response. "If you're not feeling well then we can stop-"

You waved your hands around. "No, No, No I'm fine. Just...please continue". You smiled. Bakugou gave you a plain look but you can tell that he looked uncertain about your words. He shrugged it off however and continued reading. You sat there attentively look at the words in the book.