Chapter 26: Final Battle

"Well, guys...its almost midnight". Iida sighs. "Pretty soon the curse will be permanent"

Everyone held sorrow. They couldn't believe that after all their efforts, everything they did to help Bakugou and you get together, it was all wasted.

"Come on guys. Don't be like that. There's still a chance". Kirishima encouraged. He was the only one who still had faith. He still had hope that something might come around.

" Kirishima's right, maybe something will change". Izuku agreed.

"What else is there to do? Y/N is gone. Bakugou is depressed and heartbroken- there's just nothing we can do". Iida's eyes were plain and emotionless. He turned his head away.

Todoroki nodded in agreement. "Maybe it was best if she didn't come in the first place"

"Don't say that man. You have to admit we did make progress". Izuku gave a wary smile. "Plus she has to come back. After all, she does have Kouta and Eri. I'm pretty sure she won't keep them for long"

Iida placed on hand on his chin. "Perhaps your right. She will return"

"Yeah and then what? Do you really expect her to stay here at the castle when she has a brother to take care of?". Todoroki retorted. That's right. You did have to take care of Akio. The book eyed them with a cold stare. "In all my life, I never thought that I would have to live as a book"

Ochaco closed her eyes. "You guys....". Suddenly she perked up at the sound of noises coming from outside. "Could it be?". The teapot looked out the window but what she saw wasn't exactly what she wanted to see.

She had expected it to be you but instead, she saw an angry mob of villagers marching forward to the castle.

The leader in front, which was Monoma, shouted. " Take anything from this castle but remember the Beast is mine to handle". She gasps and quickly turned to the three men.

"Uh..guys we have a problem". Ochaco stammered out. They all raised an eyebrow at her behavior. Izuku stepped up and took a glance outside

"Dammit". Izuku cursed. Out of all the days..." She's right. We have company waiting at another side of the castle"

"Could they be after Bakugou?". Iida said.

Ochaco quickly nodded. "Yes. I heard that one leader in the front mention to leave Bakugou to him". She had a worried look in her eyes. "They're going to kill him!"

Everyone gasped. Kirishima and Todoroki kept their cool.

Kirishima stepped out. "No, they're not. They won't get any further than the entrance we'll make sure of that". He firmly states.

Iida calmed down. "Y-You're right". He took a huge breath then spun around. The first person his eyes landed on was Todoroki. "Todoroki. Gather everyone. Let them know to prepare for the fight ahead".

The book moved his head away and went off to warn everyone. Iida told Kirishima the same thing. The candlestick ran after Todoroki.

"Uraraka. We'll go everything set up. We don't have time so let's hurry and set some traps"

"Right"

"Great! In the meantime, I'm going to warn Kacchan". Izuku confidently says before running off.

Iida looked down. He had a sad look in his eyes while he held a straight face. "Good Luck"

---

Once the angry mob and Monoma reached the door, he raised a fist up- gesturing for them to stop.

He lowered his hand and look around the eerily area. Mineta was shivering in his shoes at how ominous, eery the castle was. "Monoma. You sure you want to challenge this monster". He stuttered out.