Chapter 25: Kill the Beast

A light beams on Kazuo face, waking the young man. He shielded his eyes. The black haired male lightly groaned in exhaustion. For the days he was in here, he was little food. Only just a piece of bread and water. However, it was enough to keep him alive.

A figure walked in ax in hand.  His half-lidded eyes caught a small glimpse of him. It was revealed to be the executioner.

His evil smile pierced through him. Kazuo already knew what day it was and it filled him with grief.

"10 days have passed". The executioner opens his cell and drags him out of the area. Kazuo didn't have the strength to fight back nor did he want to. He saw no reason. He and Akio are doomed and if they tried to fight, it would only be worse.

He sighs. "Okay...."

---

You paced back and forth the house with Akio enjoying dinner while Eri and Kouta watched you in a troubled state. You couldn't stand waiting. You wanted to go and find Kazuo.

"Y/N I'm sure your big brother is okay". Eri comforted with Kouta backing her up.

"I hope so too but I'm really worried about Kazuo". Your voice was slightly trembling. "I mean he's in a cell and everyone refuses to tell me why"

"Maybe they didn't know". Akio suggested.

"I suppose but still. I have a bad feeling about this". You took out the mirror and stared at it. "Bakugou.....what would you do?". You took a brief moment to think about Bakugou. Your eyes softened as you thought about him. Your lips curved into a smile unconsciously. Akio noticed this.

"Was the beast scary?". He asks. You turned to him. You didn't know how to exactly answer that question. Bakugou was pretty switchy for sure but he had his sweet moments.

"Well...he was scary at first. I thought I was going to die there and he was rude, hot-headed, stubborn. I even disliked him but....". You looked down at the mirror gift again. "That all changed"

"How?"

"He saved me. It was one of the days where I couldn't take living there anymore and I decided to run-away back-home. A pack of wolves tried to kill me but he came. He almost died trying to protect me and I wanted to leave the castle but...a part of me was guilty about abandoning him-to die. So I returned and stayed there. Ever since that day, he's changed. He's been nicer to me, even gave me gifts"

"Gifts?". Akio said in shock

"Mm. He gave me a library, a garden so whenever I just wanted to be with nature, I could just go outside, and then some ribbons". Your heartfelt warm every time you thought about the nice things he's done for you. Even if you didn't deserve it. "He was a nice guy"

"You love him don't you". Akio said with a smile. Your face was redder than a tomato.

"Not really love but I just deeply care for him". You scratched your head but some part of you thought the opposite. Your emotions weren't the same since you left. "Actually...I don't really know". You said as you thought back to yourself.

I wonder what he's doing now. You exhaled as you looked at the mirror. "Show me the Beast". The mirror glowed and grew darker as the light went down. The room was dark, and the flame was there. Bakugou was looking out at the Window. He seemed to be depressed. His eyes looked lifeless and he looked to be in deep thought. It pained your heart to see him in this state.