Chapter 11: New Feeling

"Hey Bakugou". He perked at the sound of his name being called. He spun around to see you.

"What is it?". He asked. It wasn't harsh or bitter. It sounded calm. But his face did seem a little agitated.

"Well, I was thinking that we spend a little bit time together and- How would you like to read with me?". You held out a book. "You know so we can get to know each other a little bit more"

Surprisingly you haven't been at the castle long. More like a week and a half which was shocking since all the events that happened when you arrived felt so long ago. But despite you being at the castle for long, you never really got to know Bakugou aside from his name and his rather....interesting personality.

He quirked an eyebrow. "Read?". He snorted, facing his back to you. "I don't have time for reading".

"O-Oh". Your voice sounded a little disappointed. "Well, That's okay". You held your chin high again. He gave you a puzzled look. Your switch in behavior was strange to him. "I just thought it would be nice for us to read together"

"Reading is boring as hell. What's the point of it". He scoffed.

"Well it helps you with vocabulary and it helps you build an imagination". You continued. However, it was a rhetorical statement he made. He didn't expect nor wanted an answer

"Smartass". He muttered

"Hm?"

"Nothing. Just- my mind isn't going to change. You have fun with that boring shit". He shooed you away. You rolled your eyes. You kind of figured that he would say no but it was worth a shot.

Bakugou walked off in the other direction. Reading... Just the thought of it made him roll his eyes at those statements. What's so great about reading?

-x-x-x-x-

"Y/N!". Eri called your name from the distance. Your attention shot down to the floor when she hopped over to you. "Can you read me a bedtime story?". She begged

You blinked then giggled. "Whatever for Eri? You never really ask for stories"

"Well I'm just in the mood for one"

"Alright then". You lifted her up then set her down on the table. You head headed over to the shelves of books. "Okay... let's see....". Your fingers ghost over the many selections of books.

"How about the ones you read!". She exclaimed.

"Sorry but I'm afraid that what I read is a little too advance for you". You smiled. "Maybe when you're older". You continued searching. What kinds of books would Eri like? Maybe Fantasy? Or perhaps maybe a Fairy Tale story? Kids tend to love those

The ladder carried you over to the Fairy Tale section. In that section, there was a tone of books. Maybe even more than the usual ones you read

"Cinderella no...Snow White...Nope.....Beauty and the Beast....hmm.....maybe. Oh!". You finally picked one and climbed down from the ladder. The book was a little dusty but looked to be in good condition

"How about Little Red Riding Hood?". You showed off the book. Eri jumped up

"The Little Red Riding Hood! I love that story". She squealed in delight. Subconsciously, you smiled. Little kids are such a delight and are full of energy. Their positive energy made you feel happy.

You grabbed a chair. Sitting down in it, you opened the book to the first page. You looked at Eri. "You ready".

Eri snuggled up on the side of your arm. "Okay! Now I am!"