Chapter 24: Searching

"Akio, We should go around town and look for Kazuo!" You said abruptly

The young boy blinked. " Are you sure people will know where he is?". Akio knew that it would be impossible to find him. He tried to look for him so many times but each and every time, he couldn't. No clues, no hints, nothing lead him to Kazuo whereabouts.

"Someone is bound to know what happened to him". You, however, refused to believe that he was gone for good. You saw it yourself, he was in a jail cell. Thinking about it sent shivers down your spine knowing that he was probably scared.

You took out your satchel. Eri and Kouta gazed at you curiously. "Aren't we coming too?"

"Of course". You replied. You collected the mirror and stuffed it in your bag. Eri and Kouta followed as you walked in the kitchen, putting the plates in the sink. " I can't leave you here all alone". You gestured for them to hop in your bag.

"Are we going on an adventure like in the books?". Kouta questioned.

To you, it wasn't exactly an adventure but you didn't want to see them unhappy. "Somewhat like that. We're going to ask around for Kazuo but you can consider it an adventure". Kouta and Eri both looked at each other.

They shrugged. "Good enough". They said in a unison. Nice to see the good side of things while you and Akio were worried. Hopefully, their cheerful spirits could lift you and Akio's worried states. You opened the door. Akio appeared right next to you.

"Don't leave my sight okay. I want you to stay close". He nods. You took a deep sigh and left the house, shutting the door behind you.

---

You asked each villager around town to see if they had seen Kazuo. Each and every time they shook they're heads and pointed you to a different direction.

One thing you did notice was the dirty looks they gave you. They weren't friendly. They were cold and hostile looks like you did something. Most of the looks were directed towards Akio.

Akio didn't notice that cleared but you did. What did a little boy do that made them hate him?

One of the villagers you met today, just shouted 'Witch' and pointed to Akio. That made you so mad that you yelled back at her in anger.

She just sneered at you and left but before she did she caught her saying something that made you curious.

It went like this.

"Okay, Akio. Go over there and ask the lady about Kazuo. I'll go ask the man over here". You two went opposite direction. You made sure that he was near you and too far away.

"Excuse me sir but have you seen-"

"Witch!". You snapped your neck over to where that commotion was coming from. You saw Akio slightly backed away

" Ma'am. I have no idea what you're talking about-"

"Get this foul creature away from me". She says.

" Creature?". He questioned. You furrowed your eyebrows.

"Creature?". Your tone held a slight hint of hostility. You were about to storm off to her but then you remembered the guy who you were talking to. You turned back to him. " Um excuse me for a minute"

You marched over to the commotion. It was so loud that the others surrounding them had to stop what they doing and direct their attention over.

"Ma'am I think you must be tired I'm not a creature-"

"Back away". She brought out a broom