chapter 3

March 11, 20XX

I wake up to hear loud vibrations coming from somewhere.

I opened my eyes and tried to find where the sound is coming from. I looked over to the phone, let's call it an xPhone so that we won't be confused with my own phone shall we?

Anyway, the sound seemed to come from there. How annoying. I picked the phone up and looked at the screen.

 I picked the phone up and looked at the screen

My eyes widened, this game is so realistic. Should I answer? Probably for the best. I picked up the phone and Jungkook started talking.

"Good morning (Name)! Sorry for not texting you last night, I figured you were asleep already. Anyway, you should log back in to Picture Perfect, I want to see you again!"

"..."

"Heh, still too tired to talk? I understand, anyway just log back in and we can talk more there kay? Byee"

He ended the call and immediately I went to my computer. I really should download this on my laptop so that I don't have to walk there. I logged back into the game and I was greeted by Jungkook eating his breakfast.

"(Name) good morning! Did you eat yet?"

"I just woke up Jungkook, also why did you wake me up at" I paused and looked at the time.

8 am

"Freaking 8 am?! I don't usually wake up this early" I pouted and crossed my arms.

"Aish, you're too dramatic. You should get used to this by now okay?"

I nodded slowly and sighed.

"Ok go make breakfast you must be hungry"

I got up and made breakfast. I am actually listening to a robot, what has become of me. I decided to go for cereal, since that's the simplest thing I could think of.

I went back to my computer only to find Jungkook gone.

"Jungkook?"

"Oh hey you're back! Go ahead and eat, there are some things I would like to tell you"

Like he said, I ate in silence and looked at him.

"So, the company is planning that they might start making actual robots to be there physically. And that's very good if you think about it!"

"I guess, I mean it'll give the users more company. And that's better than talking to a computer"

"Exactly"

I took a bite from my cereal and looked at Jungkook, there's something different about him. I shrugged it off and continued eating my cereal.

"Would you like to have a robot (Name)?"

"I mean, I wouldn't mind them why?"

Jungkook lit up and smiled. He seemed excited about this idea, how cute.

"Well, the robots will be designed just like the character you have. The robot will act like normal humans of course, they will have to cloth themselves. The company is even planning on making them waterproof, so that they can take a shower too which is cool"

He looked off and smiled. He must be imagining life as a 'human', I almost felt bad for him. He was stuck in this digital world, and he had no escape.

Just like me.

"Hey Jungkook, tell me when those robots are made. I'm actually interested on having a friend here with me"

He smiled widely and nodded.

"You could be one of the beta testers (Name). I can't wait to be there with you!"

He's like a pet that wants to be adopted. I smiled and stood up, carrying my empty cereal bowl.

"Hey (Name), why did you buy Picture Perfect?"

I looked at the monitor and thought about something to say.

"Let's see, I really wanted a friend to give me company. I didn't expect the game to be this realistic however, and I'm glad it is this realistic. I would've died being lonely if I didn't buy this game"

I smiled gently at him, and he returned the favor. I'm getting really attached to this robot, and I'm glad I am.

I finally have a friend.