chapter 5

June 20, 20XX

It has been 4 days since I last talked with Jungkook. I am honestly starting to get worried, he said the process of moving the data will only take 2 days, but seems like it took longer. I sighed and sat down on my couch. I kept the xPhone with me just in case, Jungkook will text me soon. There must be some malfunction going on with the system. Oh god, I can't believe I'm getting worried of a robot. I heard a knock on my door, I looked at it with confusion.

Wait, that could be the robot. But why didn't Jungkook text me though?

I ran up to the door and opened it. Outside was a guy, how strange.

"Um.."

"Oh hi! My name's Jin I just moved in next door, and I wanted to say hello"

The guy seemed nervous, why not loosen him up a bit. This could also give me a chance to make new friends.

"Oh I see, welcome! I hope we can be friends" I say smiling.

He nodded and smiled as well.

"So, I'll see you around?"

I nodded in response and he waved goodbye. I closed the door behind him and went back to my couch. As I was about to sit down, knocks we're heard again. I stood back up and went to the door, thinking it was still Jin, only to be greeted with a box that's as big as my door. I looked at it in surprise, was this the robot? As if on cue, my xPhone sent off it's familiar notification tune. I check the phone and saw that it was a text from Jungkook.

'Heey (Name)! You probably got the bot by now, but sorry for not texting you for the past few days, it has been hectic moving all the data in. Anyway, open the bot and meet me!'

I looked at the box, and sighed. I ran to the kitchen to find a box cutter, luckily I had one in the drawer, how convenient. I walked up to the box and began cutting it open. It took a few minutes since the box was very thick, understandable since what's inside was very fragile.

I opened the box and saw the bot. Wow, it looked so real, but I can't carry this out of the box myself. This guy needed to be turned on so that it can walk itself out of the box. I looked around the box for some kind of manual, and surprisingly there wasn't one, but a note on Jungkooks hand.

 I looked around the box for some kind of manual, and surprisingly there wasn't one, but a note on Jungkooks hand

I looked behind the card to see what to do, and everything started to make sense.

I put the card down on the coffee table and faced Jungkook.

"Good morning Jungkook!"