merry christmas

"Hyun-Gi! What are you doing? You feed the baby like this," Ji-Hee said, taking the spoon from her husband.

"Well I'm sorry, I haven't fed a baby before!" Hyun-Gi said, holding their baby and watching his wife feed him.

I watched them and chuckled. I remembered the time Jungkook first held Ji-Hee, he was so scared that he might drop her.

"Ji-Hee, don't be too rough while feeding your child. Wait a little bit before you give the next bite" I said to Ji-Hee.

Hyun-Gi smirked at Ji-Hee, while she glared at him.

"Alright mom" she said, grabbing a spoonful of baby food and waiting for Jae-Sun, their child, to finish eating.

"Hi guys! Sorry I was a bit late, there was so much traffic" (Daughter Name) said coming into the house.

"Finally," Ji-Hee said with relief.

"Oh yeah, I also brought someone with me.." Ji-Hee stepped aside to reveal a boy looking at us nervously.

"Oooh who is he?" Hyun-Gi asked

"This is Soon-Jin, he's taking the same major as me in college and he wanted to spend christmas with me so I brought him here" (Daughter Name) said shyly.

"A-ah hello everyone" Soon-Jin said and bowed.

"Hello there, now you two come in, it's getting cold" I said, motioning them to come in.

"(Daughter Name), are you guys a thing?" Ji-Hee whispered loudly to (Daughter Name).

I see her and Soon-Jin blush as she shakes her head in denial. I know they are going to be dating eventually, it's too obvious. I went to the kitchen to get our food ready. (Daughter Name) and Hyun-Gi quickly ran up to me to help, while Soon-Jin and Ji-Hee were playing with Jae-Sun.

"Ah thanks you two" I said setting down the food on the table.

"How are you keeping up mom?" (Daughter Name) asked me with worry in her eyes.

"Everything is going dandy," I said still smiling.

"Mom.." Ji-Hee said standing up with Jae-Sun and hugging me.

Jae-Sun hugs my arm, and I smile at his actions. I felt a single tear run down my face but I quickly wipe it away. (Daughter Name) explains to Soon-Jin what happened as he looked at me with sympathy.

"You know, being with your dad all these years makes me so happy. I miss him so much," I said looking at a portrait of our family so many years ago.

"Anyway, no time to waste. Let's open presents and eat shall we?"

~ x ~

As Jae-Sun opened his present, his eyes lit up at the teddy bear. He squealed in delight and hugged it tightly. We all laughed and watched him play with it.

"Ma, there's one more gift for you" Ji-Hee said, handing me a tiny box.

I looked at her with a puzzled expression as I took the gift from her.

"Go on, open it" she said.

I looked at her, and opened the gift. Under the wrapping paper, there was a velvet box and a letter. I placed the velvet box beside me and opened the letter.

Dear Jeon family,
       I am pleased to announce to you that Jeon Jungkook has finished his job in the military. He will be coming hone shortly, thank you for your patience and support.

Signed,
Korean Military

"Wait, what?" I said rereading the letter again. I looked at my family and saw all of them smiling.

"Is this a joke?" I said putting the letter on my lap.

"Why would it be?" (Daughter Name) said with an amused grin.

I took the box and opened it. In it, there was a picture frame with Jungkook and I when we first met. I cried, reminiscing the moment. I still cant believe I met this boy from a game.

"Wait, if he's left the military, then where is he?"

"Looking for me?" Said a familiar voice.

I turned around to the door and saw my one and only sunshine. His bunny smile brought butterflies to my stomach, I haven't seen it in so long, it felt nice to see it again. I ran up to him and hugged him tightly. Tears and cheers filled the room as I hugged him tightly.

"You're back"

"In the flesh" he said kissing the top of my head.

"Merry Christmas love"

~ x ~

Merry Christmas everyone :)