Peppermint Bark

There is implied smut, but nothing is described in detail since there was such an extensive one so recently.

"Where are we going?" he asked once I started driving.

"Don't worry, I'll drive you back when we're done."

"When you're done, or when I'm done?" he asked, unzipping his leather jacket. He said he was from California, why wasn't he freezing?

"Whichever comes last," I said, smiling, keeping my eyes on the road. I didn't really know where I was going; I just wanted to get out of town, but not towards the farmland. Finally, I stopped the car under a bridge, the roads vacant, even more so that the rest of our quiet town. The sides of the street had small snowdrifts leftover from the few inches Hawkins got last week.

A couple seconds after I'd parked, Mullet Boy took my face in his hands and kissed me roughly. I was a little worried his aggressiveness wouldn't be as appealing sober, but I was wrong. He kissed down my neck, pulling my shirt over my head.

"Wait, one sec," I said, rummaging through the glove compartment.

"What is it?" he grumbled.

I fished out the sex mixed tape I'd made for Craig and me, one of the few I'd created for us. After I popped into my car, I climbed over my gearshift and straddled him, while Marvin Gaye serenaded us.

Getting redressed was harder than getting undressed, my body sticky with sweat. Mullet Boy kept kissing my neck, touching the parts of my body I hadn't clothed yet. I didn't stop him because I didn't want to.

"Should I take you back to the store now?" I asked.

"So soon?" he asked, in pants, but still shirtless.

"I think so, babe," I said, buckling up and putting the car in drive. "You might want to put the rest of your clothes on, it's freezing out there."

"Mm, but your so warm," he said, nibbling on my ear.

"Easy there, I'm driving."

He laughed and leaned back in his seat, lacing his fingers behind his hair. His torso was glistening with sweat, only a few sparse hairs down the center of his chest. I wondered if he shaved it or if he just didn't grow a lot. It reminded me of Derek's bare chest when he was seventeen.

"Here we are," I said, pulling up beside his Camaro.

Mullet Boy begrudgingly pulled on his shirt and leather jacket. "When will I see you again?"

"I don't know, do you usually do your shopping on Saturdays?"

"C'mon, really," he said. "Can I have your number?"

I thought about it for a moment, before scribbling down my house number (my room hadn't had one since I went to college). "Try not to ring too late," I said. "Now, I have to be on my way; I'm a very busy lady."

"Goodbye, beautiful," he said, getting out and closing the door.

"Goodbye Mullet Boy," I whispered to my windshield, watching his ass as he got in his car. "Maybe one day I'll finally learn your name."

Back at the house, Sal was nowhere to be found. In fact, the whole first floor appeared to be empty. This was fine by me. I unpacked my groceries, staring at them blankly for a moment, before deciding to just dive right in. I didn't know if mom had any cookbooks, but decided not to check. They probably wouldn't have a peppermint bark recipe. Besides, it was just melted chocolate with crushed candy and marshmallows on top.