Safeword

First of all, thank you, everyone, for 15k reads, I can't believe we've come this far!!! My story has grown substantially in the past several weeks, so thank you to all of the newcomers as well as a double thank you to all the readers who've been here since the beginning!!

Second of all, I am SO FREAKING EXCITED for Stranger Things 3!!! I can't wait to see what this new season holds and if it will inspire any new fanfiction ideas.

Third of all, smut, ** will be around it in case you want to skip.

"Can you drive me to the diner?" I asked Steve over buttered toast at the breakfast table.

He inhaled deeply, exhaling fully as he poured himself a massive glass of orange juice. As I waited impatiently for a reply, my brother took a long sip, as though purposefully drawing out his consideration of my request. "Why do you need to go to the diner?"

"I left my car there last night; I won't be able to get to work without it."

"Why not have Sal drive you."

Because I think we might be finished- he might hate me. "Sal's sleeping; he worked really late last night and he'll probably have to work again tonight."

"But why-"

"For fuck's sake, can you just drive me to the fucking diner?!"

Steve recoiled at my tone, nodding through his bewilderment. Sal took my Vicodin, and I didn't think to get more from the master bathroom, and the withdrawal was already taking its toll, my nerves frayed. While my brother went to get his bag and coat, I hurried out to the parking lot, sticking my hands into the snow, hissing with pain, but keeping them fully encased. The shock to my system helped clear my head, but as soon as the burn eased to nothing, midway through the drive to the diner. 

I climbed out of Steve's car, and he drove off without ceremony. Instead of hopping in my baby blue Beetle, I pushed forward to the building, climbing the stairs I'd ascended the previous night, a blast of heat hitting me as soon as I entered. 

The memories from our disastrous double-date pervaded my mind- Jenny's judgemental sideways glances, Donald's curious stare as I refused to eat, all three of them horrified as I sprinted to the bathroom. I shook it out of my head, physically, swinging my head left and right till a joint in my neck popped.

Sitting in a booth in the corner, back to the mostly empty establishment, I trailed my finger down my menu. The nausea I'd experienced last night faded by the time I awoke in the morning (replaced by a pounding migraine), and found myself ravenous.

"What can I get for you?" a waitress asked, pen at the ready.

"Um, a western omelet with a side of sausage and bacon and toast with jam and fresh fruit."

"That all?" she asked a bit sarcastically.

"Coffee with cream and sugar on the side, if you don't mind."

The waitress took my menu back, clucking her tongue once. "Hope you don't throw it all up this time," she mumbled, marching off to the kitchen.

I watched her retreating figure, gaping at her audacity. It's not like I left a trail of vomit from the booth to the bathroom; I got it all in the toilet, or at least most of it. Jesus, if some random lady working a twelve to eight am shift remembered my fiasco, then it was surely burned in the brains of Sal's friends, as well as my boyfriend himself. Would he even call himself mine anymore? 

My meal arriving saved me from perseverating on my Schrödinger's relationship. I immediately dug in, starting with the eggs, the peppers still retaining a bit of their crunch even after the pan-frying, then going in on the meat. I'd barely finished my bacon when someone plopped down beside me, making me squeak.

"Fancy running into you here, eh, Blondie?"

I pulled back from him, inching along the booth to create distance. "What are you doing here?"

"Just getting a bite to eat-"

"No, I mean, what are you doing at my table. Go away."

"Aw, that's not very nice." Tommy flopped down across from us, a girl with permed back hair clinging to him, giggling. "We just wanted to say hello to our favorite teacher."

"I'm not your teacher, thank god, now piss off."

The woman cackled at this. "You are Steve Harrington's sister."

"Don't be so mean, Mary, no one deserves such an insult."

I was ready to chuck my hot coffee in that oaf's stupid, grinning face, and it seemed that, despite clearly having arrived with them, Billy agreed with me. "You two are fucking embarrassments," he hissed, leaning across the table. "I said I wanted a private word with Deborah."

"Take your private word," Mary said. "And we'll take ours."

She stuffed her head below the table, the frizzy ends of her mid-back hair still visible. A slurping sound reached my ears, and Tommy's eyes rolled back in his skull.

"Let me out of here." I tried to push past Billy, but he stayed sturdy as a brick.

"You haven't finished your breakfast."

"I'm full, and I want to leave now, get out of my way."

The teenager chewed his lip, blue eyes dipping down to the scoop neck of my sweater, trailing further down to the knee-length skirt I'd decided to wear to celebrate the weather warming as we entered February. "It's your fault Mrs. Mueller failed me," he said, his angry words incompatible with the white-hot desire in his eyes, but Tommy was too caught up in his blowjob to notice. "You owe me."

"Your stupidity got you failed, it had nothing to do with me." I held his gaze purposefully, hoping to convey my full meaning. "I don't owe you anything."

Billy's head tilted to the side, his blonde curls catching the light, as his hand slid up my bare calf, pushing my woolen skirt above my kneecap, continuing up my inner thigh till it reached its goal, my sex pulsing with desire, even as my mind screamed at it to stop. **Thick fingers slid my panties to the side, pushing into the hole; Billy smiled at the wetness. 

"Stop this right now." My words less than a whisper, barely more than a breath, by my fury echoed in every syllable. 

"Why? You like it, I can tell you do."

"I liked the guy I fucked last night, not you; I just didn't bother to shower."

He chuckled, shaking his head slowly. One finger poking around inside me, retracting only to circle around my clit, before that first finger, joined by another, penetrated me again.** My grip on my coffee cup tightened so much, I worried the mug might shatter in my hand. Even though Tommy's eyes were on the ceiling as Mary sucked away, I made every effort from betraying my emotions, my arousal.

"You want me," he whispered, mouth next to my ear.

I shook my head over and over till I started getting dizzy, pain like needles hammered into my skull blooming with ever movement. "Let me go."

"No."

"Billy, I'm telling you to let me go."

"Not a chance."

"Billy!" I growled, grabbing his wrist, stopping his fingers mid-thrust. "Augustana."

Realization settled into his blue eyes and, with an angry sniff, he stood up, letting me leave. 

"Going so soon, Deborah?" Tommy asked tuantingly. 

I turned around, trying to think of something cutting to say in reply, but, when I saw Billy sucking his fingers clean, all my courage left me and I hurried out of the diner. It wasn't till I'd arrived at school that I realized I'd forgotten to pay.