Chapter 1

*NARRATOR*

Mikayla Lawler moved through the halls of North Sean High School. She tried her best to blend in with the crowd, but a beauty like her stuck out like a sore thumb.

*MIKAYLA*

My name is Mikayla Lawler, but to the perverts in this school, I'm known as Black Beauty. I used to live in Breaking, eight hours from North Sean. My family figured a 16 year old werewolf needed to root herself in the same town her pack lived in. No one here really fit my style. I was quiet and mysterious. I was the one you always saw sitting alone near a corner minding her own business looking like a badass.

"Hey Black Beauty! Wanna go out tonight baby?" I looked over to see who called to me. As always it was just another jock.

*NARRATOR*

Mikayla was an amazing sight to behold. As a child she was a blonde, blue eyed non-rebellious child. After her change three years ago, her hair rooted out black, and her eyes became a shade of bluish grey. She stretched out from 4'1" to 5'4", an incredible change.

Mikayla had many siblings. Jessica was her older sister. She was a 20 year old gringer with hazel eyes standing at 5'5". Her younger sister, age 14, towered over each at 5'8". Sierra's brunette hair complimented her teal eyes almost perfectly. Her older brother Lance favored his Lil Miki. He completely dominated her at 23 years old standing at 6'9". He resembled her with the same midnight black hair and grey eyes. Jack was the baby. He was a four foot tall six year old. He still had his blonde hair and blue eyes. He wouldn't change until his peak at 13 like the rest of his siblings.

*MIKAYLA*

My family forced me and my younger siblings back into North Sean during the summer. I spent it all with Lance. I hadn't seen him in five years, and we had a lot of catching up to do. He took me out for ice cream everyday and was always outside waiting for me when school started. You'd think he was my boyfriend more than my brother. He protected me from my mate. I wasn't allowed around him until my coming of age. For a male it was his 13th, but for a female it was her 18th. Every werewolf peaks at 13 and shifts into their wolf, but the males were allowed to know everything there was to know like who his mate was, the proper way to lead a pack, and other masculine responsibilities. They also earned the right to date and screw with whomever they please, so yes I've never been on a date or had a boyfriend. It was a werewolf rule and tradition I was honored to uphold like any other werewolf unless they were a whore. Lance knew my mate, but I didn't. All I knew was his name: Gabriel. It would be like setting me up for a blind date on my 18th birthday. I dreaded the day it'd come because HE would come looking for me. Every holiday and birthday he sent me gifts. Well I can't really say gifts. After my 14th, it was usually always lingerie. The little pervert. I got my revenge by sending him pictures of myself dressed in them: a lacy thong, fish net stockings, and a push-up bra or sometimes a corset. It was cruel, but it gave me a sense of peace since he wasn't allowed to reply. Lance told me I wouldn't have to worry about him at school because he graduated last year. Fantastic!

*NARRATOR*

Lance was waiting for Mikayla out in the parking lot. He was surrounded by all types of girls.

"Having fun?" She walked straight up to her brother.

He smiled shyly and sent the girls away before opening the passenger door for his sister. He took her down to the local ice cream shop and to the park. She sat under the tree line while Lance chatted up a little blonde.

*MIKAYLA*

Lance getting attention from random girls wasn't unusual. It was a daily thing.

"Hey," a voice from behind startled me. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you." The gorgeous stranger crawled in the grass and plopped himself next to me. "I'm Edmund. We go to school together. We're in the same art class."

"Nice to meet you Eddy," I said continuing to eat my ice cream and stared at my brother.

Thanks for leaving me where random people can find me.

"Ha are you the silent type?"

I finally looked up at him. He was the sexiest guy I had ever seen. Well in an old fashion kind of way. His hair, clearly dyed, was crimson red, and his eyes, bound to be contacts, were purple. He wasn't really built. A hint he wasn't a werewolf. He was too pale and had a weird scent too.

"Um no. I'm Mikayla."

"Yeah I know miss Black Beauty." He smiled big making me laugh even though I hated the name.

"There you are," came the tomboy version of the girl talking to Lance. I looked over to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

"Mikayla, this is my sister Constance, and the girl talking to the boy you keep staring at is her twin Cynthia."

"Ok," my attitudinal voice slipped out.

"Do you like him or something?" asked Constance.

I stood and wiped off the grass from my pants. "He's my brother." I walked past Lance and pulled him away from Cynthia. "Thanks for ditching me." I climbed into the passenger seat without waiting for him to open the door for me like he usually did.

*NARRATOR*

Lance and Mikayla sat in silence. She was thinking back to Edmund, and Lance was thinking of a way to apologize.

"I'm sorry Miki," he said shyly.

"Ok," she replied.

Mikayla was drawn to Edmund. She wanted her brother to stop and turn the car around, but she refused to utter a word.

--------

-----

-

Later that night Edmund appeared on her balcony.

"What are you doing here?" She whispered as she snuck out the doors. "My parents will kill you."

"I just wanted to see you."

He fought her until she allowed him to stay and chat with her. She laid in her bed while he stretched out on her couch. They were within arms reach, but they stayed to themselves. Little by little she began to fall for him while he was way past cloud 9.