Chapter 15

*EDMUND*

I wasn't going to let that mutt Gabriel take Mikayla away from me again. My father told me about her, and how she would make the perfect vampire though she'd be born to the enemies.

She'd be the most beautiful vampire queen to walk this earth. Only the thing growing in her stomach was in our way of ruling the world together.

*MIKAYLA*

I felt my body being pulled onto a gurney. In an instant my mind clicked altering me I really was pregnant, and Edmund was trying to abort my child. My wolf lashed out, and I attacked the person moving me. I was slammed down, and I felt a sting on my shoulder. My vision faded away; I fell asleep.

*GABRIEL*

I could sense Mikayla close by. She was angered fighting someone off before falling into a deep medicated sleep. I ran my heart out around the mountain looking for a cave or any type of hidden door. I was going to get to my mate one way or another.

"Gabriel! We've found a door," I heard Lance in the back of my head.

I followed his scent up the mountain and found him slamming himself against a painted door. Whoever made it was definitely talented. I had passed that area thinking it was part of the mountain. When Lance and other members of the pack got the door open, I didn't hesitate one second. I bolted through the hidden den. Mikayla's scent got stronger as I reached a laboratory area. I came to an observatory. Seats lined the wall, and a tinted glass boundary gave view into the operation room.

A disgusting looking vampire pushed in a gurney. Laying on it was my beautiful mate. I threw my enormous wolf body down on the glass. It don't even crack.

"It won't break," a voice said behind me. I turned to see the monster who took my mate. "Once her operation is complete, my assistant you see down in the room will inject my venom into my new mate."

"She's MY mate!" I growled.

I through myself at him knocking him to the ground. He tried to snatch onto my neck, but I was faster. My teeth sank into one of Edmund's arms; I swung him around like a dog with a rag doll. Releasing him, he smashed into a wall causing some bones to crack. It gave me pleasure though he wouldn't feel much. It would slow him down giving me an advantage. I gripped his neck in my mouth. My canines sunk deep in his skin. Just as I ripped his head off his body, I heard a crash in the operating room below. I looked down to see the vampire dead and Mikayla on Lance's back.

*MIKAYLA*

I woke in my bed with Gabriel's arm wrapped around me.

"Gabe? Where...where am I?" I tried sitting up but a migraine hit me hard. "Ugh!" I grabbed my forehead as Gabriel helped me lay back down.

"We're home babe. You're ok my love. Sleep. It's too early."