Chapter 3

*MIKAYLA*

I awoke to find my room empty. There was absolutely no sign of Edmund. My parents left a note posted on my board outside my room.

Out hunting. Don't be out every night. Keep an eye on Sierra. Lance, Jess, and Jack are with us. ~Love Mom and Dad

Next to that was a note from Sierra.

Not spending 2 months cooped up in this mansion with you. Staying at a friend's house. ~Sierra

Well at least the house was all mine. I glanced at the clock as I entered my room. It was only 7:30. I took that as a sign to climb back into bed. As my eyes began to close, I felt an arm slide over my thigh.

"Where were you this time?"

"In the bathroom jumpy. Calm down." He kissed my shoulder and closed his eyes.

I didn't know why he was acting so lovingly. I jump out of bed.

"What happened here last night?" I paced.

"What do you think?" He sat up in my bed, and that's when I realized it.

"Are you nude?" I shielded my eyes as he got out.

"Nothing you haven't already seen," he pushed up against me and kissed my neck.

"Out!" I pulled away throwing one arm toward the door the other still covering my eyes.

He pulled my arm away, but my eyes stayed shut. He kissed my lips, and his begged me to react. My hands intertwined behind his neck, and he picked me up in his arms. He was stronger than he looked. I felt my bed underneath me, and I stopped him.

He laughed. "Still refusing me. Even after we almost got to it last night." I gave him a confused look as he got dressed. "Don't worry sweetheart," he said pulling on his shirt and kissing me again. "You're still a virgin." He slapped my ass and left.

Wtf?

*LANCE*

"Mom, I really don't trust leaving Miki alone like that."

"She's not alone, sweetie. Sierra's with her." She laughed. "Ok, so she's home alone. It won't hurt her. The two months will be up before you know it."

Mother and Father didn't understand. For some reason they didn't catch a hint of vampire in the house. I was determined to get home and kill the vermin lurking around the mansion.

*MIKAYLA*

So my Saturday started off a little weird. That wasn't something to worry about. When Edmund left, I catch a vampire scent. I'd never seen one up close, much less chased one off. I hoped it wouldn't come around again. A knock at the door scared me.

"Lance?" I asked after the door opened and closed.

I stayed in my room hoping whoever it was would just go away. That's when I heard footsteps coming up the stairs quickly. My heart started racing. I tried to go out on the balcony, but the strange caught me and knocked me to the ground. My eyes stayed closed as he rolled me over on my back. My body froze up in panic.