Chapter 6

*MIKAYLA*

We spent the weekend getting to know each other. Gabriel and I had so much in common.

"We need to go for a ride baby," he suggested Sunday early morning.

We were laying closer than when we went to bed. I was wrapped in his arms tightly, and he refused to let go.

"Where are we suppose to go?"

"I know a place." He smiled and winked at me.

I agreed and got dressed. We travelled away from North Sean. The land was covered with forest on each side of the road. As we moved further south, the trees got bigger.

"Where are we going?" I looked over at him.

He smiled and shook his head. Yup, a lot in common. I was secretive too.

He pulled up at a park. I got out slowly and cautiously. He pulled me over and down a hill toward a river. It was so beautiful. I stopped dead in my tracks. I couldn't believe how gorgeous the scenery was.

"Come on babe," Gabriel yelled back as he pulled off his shirt and jumped in.

I knew it was a good idea to put a swimsuit on under my T-shirt and shorts.

*GABRIEL*

I came up out of the water to see Miki striping down to her swimsuit. The silk black two piece pressed against her perfectly. She came down to the edge of a little cliff. I reached up and helped her in.

"It's cold!" Her teeth chattered as she wrapped herself around me.

"You'll get use to it," I laughed.

She sat up on an enormous almost perfectly shaped rock centered down in the crystal river. The icy water covered most of her lower body. Fish carelessly passed by her body. She'd snatch them bare handed and tossed them back. She even caught a water snake and threw it at me. Of course, I screamed like a little girl, and she laughed so hard she fell off the rock.

Now she was laying out on the grass letting the sun dry her off. My wolf still had a strong urge to dominate and claim her, but I had to pull back as much as I could until she would be ready.

"Gab?" She mumbled.

"Yeah?" I pulled myself out of the river and laid down next to her.

"I'm ready," my heart started pounding fast as she paused to stretch. "I'm ready to go home."

I nodded my head and got up to gather our stuff. At first I was hoping she wanted to bond with me, but I should've known better.

On the drive home, Miki passed out and laid across the seat with her head on my right leg. By now it was numb and tingling, but I didn't want to wake her. She was even more beautiful when she slept.

*EDMUND*

I had wanted to return to Mikayla's house, but I didn't want to run into the wolf that was guarding her. Plus she now knew I was a vampire. How stupid could I be? Showing up at her house like that? Why did I fall for a damn wolf?

*MIKAYLA*

I took a shower and made dinner while Gabriel cleaned out his car. I was making a list of all his good and bad qualities, but my mind kept slipping back to Edmund. I'd fallen for a vampire. I knew better than to fall in love. I knew to stay away and wait for my mate, but I was entranced with his beauty. He was perfect for probably being more than a hundred years older than me.

"So?" I heard Gab's voice behind me. "What do you think about kids?"

I turned to face him, and he lifted me up in his arms. He sat me on the counter and kissed my neck. I could feel his erection forming.

"Kids? What do you mean kids?" I asked almost hyperventilating.

"Like us having a family one day," he responded casually before returning his lips to my neck.

"Umm?" I couldn't find words to describe how I felt about this random subject.

A/N: excited! Hope you are too. Plz vote and comment