Chapter 9

*GABRIEL*

I walked through the Alpha House and came to a stop at Miki's door. I could hear her crumbling bags of food. I slowly opened the door, but it slammed shut in my face before I had a chance to stepped in. I rushed in to find my mate curled up in a corner. She was scratching her skin.

"Burning?" She nodded her head, and I picked her up in my arms. Her irritated growling stopped. She cooed and moaned making me chuckle.

*MIKAYLA*

The moment Gabriel touched me, the burning of my skin simmered down. The feeling was still there just not as strong. I was in heat, and my mate knew it. Without him near, it was pure pain.

"Thank you."

He laid me in my bed and cuddled up behind me.

"I missed you, and I'm sorry. I should've never left. I didn't want to. I was entranced," I pushed out forcefully.

"I missed you too," he returned after a few seconds of silence.

I turned to face him. He had grown out his facial hair a bit. The peach fuzz made him look around his late-twenties. His silver eyes were full of lust, and he caressed my cheek. He played with my hair to the point where I couldn't resist him anymore. I smacked my lips on his; he gladly took control after giving me a deep dominating warning growl. He bit my bottom lip, and I gave him access before he could growl again. He climbed on top of me pinning my hands above my head and purred making me giggle uncontrollably.

*GABRIEL*

I knew better than to forgive Miki right away, but her being in heat caused my hormones to go crazy as well. She gave in quickly. She pulled off my shirt, and her hands wondered down my stomach to my pants. She played with the button before I stopped her.

"Not so fast baby," I growled out before pressing my lips on hers once more.

I ripped her clothes off; she sighed in relief. I kissed every inch of her body and slowly pushed into her.

We completed the mating part of our bond. She fell asleep, and I curled up behind her to keep the burning from returning.

*MIKAYLA*

I woke to the morning sun in my face and an arm wrapped around my waist. The burning feeling wasn't completely gone. I could still feel it faintly until I moved away from my mate. The burning hit hard and made me curl back into Gabriel. I'd be like this for the next two weeks. He was sleeping peacefully. I kissed his neck line and laughed softly when his steady snore hitched.

*GABRIEL*

Miki woke me by kissing my neck. Her canines grazed my shoulder, and she bit me. My eyes shot open as she licked away the blood.

"The male is first," I growled dominantly.

"Boo hoo!" She pulled her hair up and pushed my face into her neck. My canines slipped out and tore into her skin. She moaned passionately before I cleaned the wound.

"I'm still the dominant one."

"Believe what you want."