Chapter 16

*MIKAYLA*

Everything seemed so rushed since I was brought back home. The pack doctor said he would preform a ultrasound, but Gabriel advise against. The doctor did other tests to try to figure out when the baby would be born, but he said nothing worked.

"Consider the baby a surprise," he said smiling.

"It is," I said turning back to smile at my mate. "We didn't plan on having a baby nor did we know I was pregnant."

He suddenly had an "I'm so stupid" look plastered on his face. He apologized and left the room. Gabriel carried me home and I passed out.

----------------------

---------------

-------

-

I was alerted by liquid dripping down my leg while I was cooking for Gabriel.

"Ewww!" Jessica screamed as she passed the kitchen doorway. "Couldn't you hold it old lady?"

With a fearful yet excited tone I replied, "I think my water just broke."

Gabriel came running through the doorway and picked me up bridal style. He swiftly ran to the pack hospital and laid me on a bed just as the doctor came in.

"Ready?" he asked popping the Latex gloves.

"This is your fault! You did this to me!" I screamed at Gabriel somewhere in the middle of my pushing and huffing.

----------------------

-----------

------

-

Now I was laying half awake in the hospital bed. My wonderful mate slept near our newborn child on the uncomfortable ugly mustard color stained couch though I don't think he minded at all as long as he was close to his flesh and blood.

*NARRATOR*

The newborn baby slept soundly on Mikayla's bed. Gabriel installed a connecting door to the new nursery, which use to be Sierra's room. They kicked her out, and Mikayla was now painting over the pastel pink with a dusty grey. She used her amazing calligraphy skills to paint out the child's name above the black crib.

*MIKAYLA*

I was painting the rocking chair black when Gabriel came through the door with a crying baby.

"I don't know what to do," he said almost crying.

I laughed and took the baby from his hands.

"Hush, hush baby hush. Sleep, sleep the night away sleep. Cry, cry, don't cry anymore. Hush, hush baby hush." I sang as I bounced the baby in my arms.

My precious child passed out in my arms, and Gabriel took him back to the room. I finished painting his name in red. My lil Edgar Aaron Scott. I was so happy to have my unexpected family, and soon I'd be Mrs. Mikayla Elizabeth Scott.