Chapter 13

*MIKAYLA*

Gabriel was nice enough to allow Lance to stay in the pack no matter how much his wolf and mine wanted him out. He was still of alpha blood; that made our inner wolves uneasy and put them on high alert.

It had been a month since the challenge, and my birthday was coming up. My 17th to be exact. I would finally be able to shift without any pain. It was something I was definitely looking forward to.

I was curled up in bed with my mate spooning me when I heard a loud crash downstairs. I jumped, but Gabriel was quicker. He went from his far end of the bed to the door in a split second.

"What is it?" I asked as he sniffed the air.

"I don't recognize this scent. Stay here. I'm going to see what happened."

I got dressed quickly into a pair of Gabriel's sweat pants, my favorite Mikey Mouse sweater, and a pair of furry boots. As soon as I opened the door from the bathroom, I was knocked to the ground. Someone placed a bag over my face just as I screamed for help. I could feel Gabriel panic through our bond.

I kicked and jolted in the stranger's arms. "Gabriel," my voice came out muffed.

I could faintly hear Gabriel's voice in the back of my head. "Mikayla! Baby? Miki!"

I was slammed hard against what felt like a tree before I blacked out.

*GABRIEL*

I went downstairs to check out a noise. The scent in the air was revolting and slightly familiar. I just couldn't place it. I could feel Mikayla moving around upstairs. She never listened, but then suddenly I felt her fear. This made me panic. I ran back up the stairs of the mansion toward her room.

"Gabriel," I heard muffled.

I tried mind-linking her though she felt faint. "Mikayla! Baby? Miki?" Then a feeling of her being ripped away overcame me.

I howled an angered warning to whoever took her that their death would come soon.

*LANCE*

I had a weird gut feeling just before I heard Gabriel's harsh angered howl erupt from the mansion. Everyone in the pack house perked up. Some wolves shifted and stood in a protective stance while others looked around for the danger.

A/N: cliff hanger I know I'm sorry but this is as far as I'm going with this ch. I know it's a lil short but hey at least I finally updated. Stay awesome nerds!