Chapter 5

*NARRATOR*

Mikayla's father discussed the rules about anything and everything he could think of with Gabriel, but of course he wasn't paying his future father-in-law any attention. He could feel Mikayla's nervousness as she paced around her bedroom. He wanted to rush to her and find out what was bugging her so badly. He wanted to hold her, caress her body, and make love to her. He wanted to bond and mate with Mikayla. Father went on for about an hour and a half. Gabriel promised he'd do as told and with that Father left. He also promised Gabriel one thing: the family wasn't to know anything about today's encounters until he was ready to reveal it himself.

*GABRIEL*

I ran up the stairs as soon as Mikayla's father was out in the woods. I found her curled up on the bathroom floor.

"Don't! Don't come any closer," she said. "I just need a minute." I backed out of the bathroom and gave her the space she needed.

Her room reeked of vampire scent. It irritated me deeply. What vermin creature had be crawling through this room while my mate slept? This was what must have been bothering her.

She came out of the bathroom showered. She smelt of strawberries and vanilla. She was in one of the many things I had sent her. Her black silky shorts were just below her big ass, and her matching spaghetti strap shirt revealed enough of her chest to get me going.

*MIKAYLA*

I showered and laid down in my queen sized bed. I curled up and closed my eyes. I felt someone crawl onto the bed in front of me. My hand shot up, and my eyes were wide open.

"What?"

"What are you doing?"

"You're my mate Mikayla. We're gonna sleep in the same bed sooner or later."

I groaned and turned away from him. He turned off the lights and cuddled up behind me. I could feel his erection on my ass. The steadiness of his breathing let me know he was out.

--------

----

-

I woke to Gabriel growling near my ear. I shot up and looked around. I couldn't see anything, but I had caught Edmund's scent.

"Get back!" Gabriel screamed at me. I ignored him and got out of bed. "Mikayla! Listen to me."

I flipped him off and kept walking toward the balcony. Edmund was crouched on the railing. His purple eyes glowed neon, and he flashed his fangs at me snarling. I stumbled back as Gabriel ran to block me from Edmund. He threw himself back. I jumped forward wanting to catch him. Edmund landed like a cat in the grass below and swiftly made an escape toward the forest.

*NARRATOR*

Mikayla was in pure shock. She couldn't believe she hadn't known about Edmund. Gabriel was angered that she associated with such a creature.

"He knows! He's on Diamond Blood Territory! That damn town is full of those blood sucking vermin! I knew you shouldn't have gone to school alone!" He punched the wall frustrated. "I'm transferring you to Diamond Blood High. You start Monday." He pulled his hand out of the wall.

"What? No! Lance put me in North Sean."

"North Sean is full of blood suckers and werewolves from Blue Moon Territory. You don't need to go there," he said with disgust in his voice.

"You went there!" Mikayla yelled looking back toward the forest.

"For a year. I finished out in Diamond Blood. No more arguing." He picked her up bridal style and carried her inside. "You need to sleep."