2: Left Alone Together

"What were you thinking? Leaving me alone with him all day?!" I screamed at Tony, who balked at my harsh tone.

"He's very handsome, isn't he?" Wanda smirked from the corner.

"Not helping Maximoff!" I snapped.

"Well, uh, we thought you were perfectly capable of it, but by the way your own blade was against your own throat I guess it's safe to say we won't leave you alone with him again.....with a knife, so take this gun," Tony tossed me a pistol.

"You've gotta be shitting me," I mumbled.

Ten minutes later it was just me and the God of trouble.

"You do realize I can read your mind angel?"

"Yes I do, devil."

"Ooh," he tilted his head back. "Devil, am I?"

He had a low tone that made me shiver, and the way he raised one eyebrow wasn't fair.

"Yes, obviously," I muttered.

"And you're an angel? You do understand, pet, that the Devil's job is to corrupt lovely Angels such as yourself?" His silver tongue was not lead, that's for certain.

"I-I have heard that, yes," I nodded, at loss for words.

He had a Devils grin, if that counted for anything. "We devil's are extremely tempting, aren't we?"

"Nope," I shook my head firmly. What else do you say?! "Hey, Loki, why don't we just, ah," I couldn't think of anywhere to go with my subject change, but he seemed to.

"Why don't we what darling?" His smirk grew more evil.

"Well. I was planning on hiding from you but-"

"But you know I'd find you simply, correct?"

"Correct," I muttered. He was so annoying. Constantly.

"Well, darling, we have another two hours to ourselves. Any suggestions?" He leaned against the counter again.

I tried so hard to do normal things when the rest of the team left, but with this hyperactive child following me around I hardly got anything done.

"Hyperactive child, now?" He wondered, and I jumped.

"What?" I asked him to clarify.

"I can read your beautiful mind," he informed me again.

I glared at him. "Loki, I'm not in a gaming mood."

"You've stolen a mannerism from me darling," he pointed out.

"What does that mean?" I asked, not understanding what "mannerism" I stole.

"You could hear yourself speaking, correct love? You sounded like me," he stood up, gesturing to himself.

I had an overwhelming urge to either jump him or smack him very hard across the face. "Whatever."

"And she has returned to her own mannerisms," he gave a faux sigh.

"Loki? Why are you so evil? It's an honest question, you're terrible," I walked to his side of the counter.

"I'm evil because it's fitting," he gave a sly shrug.

All his movements seemed surreal, smooth and unnatural. But then again, he was a god.

I unintentionally stared into his green eyes far longer then I wanted. "You know, around you I get a very foreign vibe............I like it."