14: Germany

When the Quinjet made a safe landing in the square in front of a big marble building, Tasha swallowed hard and jumped out before us.

She looked around her, sighing.

I slid off the jet behind her, taking in the midnight sight. It looked very familiar; I'd seen photos of this place. Loki had stood in full armor above a crowd of kneeling people.

I looked to the building, seeing the light from inside.

Wanda jumped to the ground next to me, her mouth pressed into a thin line. "Time to go in," she whispered to me as Tasha cocked her gun.

Bucky did the same, throwing his over his shoulder.

I frowned at the pair. "Is this...necessary?" I gestured to the guns.

Tasha and Bucky shared raised-eyebrow looks. "Yes," they said in unison.

I nodded, mouth in a thin line like Wanda's. "Let's go."

I made my way to the building, taking my time. The huge marble steps led to a big door, and when I opened it, I saw a grand staircase and an odd table thingy in the middle of a huge room filled with pillars and stairs.

Loki was walking down these stairs.

When he saw me he froze.

I knew that by now my entourage had strategically placed themselves to watch me. I gulped and walked toward the base of the staircase. "Hey Loki."

He looked around the room. "You're awake," He remarked.

I nodded, placing one hand lazily on the thick banister. "Yeah, and you can imagine how happy I was to wake up to seeing you weren't anywhere near," I said in a voice dripping with sarcasm, which didn't go unnoticed by Loki.

He walked one step lower, closer to me.

Somewhere, one of my snipers was getting an itchy trigger finger.

"I'm so sorry darling," he said, his voice a low whisper.

I blinked. "Yeah, I'm sure you really are. Tell me just how badly you want me to stay with you? First, you can hardly keep your damn distance, now you go all the way to Germany to get away from me," I said, my tone going unchanged from before. "I'm not sure how committed you are anymore. I'm not sure you..love me anymore," I looked away from Loki, who's eyes showed pain. That wasn't helping me tell him what I had to.

Loki stepped yet one step lower, again closer to me. "Do you know what it is to love someone like me?"

I shook my head. "Don't you dare turn it around like that. You've been hiding from me. Why are you doing that all the sudden?!"

Loki swallowed hard, getting himself one step closer. I held my ground. "What if he hurts you?" He wondered aloud.

I looked up at him, communicating my unamused feelings through my eyebrows. "Who?"

"Thanos."

That name sounded familiar. "Thanos..who's that?"

Loki stepped closer. "He's the one who had control over me back..in New York."

I lowered my gaze to the floor. "Uh huh. He's going to definitely hurt me Loki."

I looked back up at him. "I'm reaching the point where I'm totally willing to brave the anger of a purple grape to be with you Loki! Appreciate that before I leave you!" I shouted, before covering my mouth and looking around, worried someone heard me.