23: Time for an Apology

I raised my fist and knocked twice smartly. 

The door slowly opened soundlessly to reveal Tasha, who stood in the doorway in a black tank top and super short shorts.

She placed her hands lightly on the doorframe and tapped one finger, waiting.

I gulped lightly, twiddling my fingers. "H-hey, I just wanted to say I'm-I'm really sorry. I was so wrong, to assume you were the bad guy here, and I was too quick to blame. I didn't ask for the whole story nor did I care at the time, and I was childish and immature."

Tasha nodded at every insult to myself. "True, you were."

She kept a stony look and figure.

"And I shouldn't've been mad at you or Wanda or yelled at you. I'm so sorry Tasha, and I-I want you to forgive me," I pleaded.

I heard sniffling behind Tasha. "Oh just let her in!" Came a heavily accented voice.

Tasha didn't look away from me with her steely eyes. "No. Not until she tells me why she was in a coma."

I sighed a little. "I had a tumor."

Tasha's pupils shrank. "A-a what?!"

"A tumor-"

"Let her in!" Came the same accented voice, far more authoritative this time.

Tasha side-stepped, and I walked in past her.

Wanda sat on Tasha's bed, tissue in hand and blanket around her. She saw me and opened her arms, beckoning for me to come.

I tried not to allow all the female hormones to take over as I walked to the bed, and fell onto Wanda's lap.

She hugged me tightly, stroking my hair. "I forgive you," she whispered.

Tasha shut the door and walked over, settling onto the bed next to Wanda and I. "I do too."

I smiled, laughed a little almost. "Oh thank goodness."

Tasha grinned at me. "A tumor, huh?"

Wanda held my hand tighter. "Poor thing."

I shook my head. "I'm alright, trust me."

"How'd Loki take the news?" Tasha asked quietly.

I sighed heavily. "That I haven't told him."

Both girls sat up. "You haven't?!" They cried in unison.

I sat up as well. "No, I had to apologize to you first!"

Tasha stood up, tugging me with her. "You'd better tell him before he finds out from someone else and blows them to kingdom come!" She said as she pushed me to the door.

Wanda waved pitifully behind her.

As soon as the door was shut I gave another sigh. This time of defeat.

"Alright. FRIDAY? Call Loki to the roof please!" I requested.

I got a polite, "yes ma'am," in response as I ran to the roof to try to beat the God there.

(As unlikely as that probably was, I tried anyway)