24: Hurt

As soon as I got to the roof, panting hard, I bumped right into Loki's toned chest, which sent me back to the railing.

I gripped it with white knuckles, "Loki! You," I panted. "Can't do that!"

He put his hands on his hips. "I can, and I somehow get joy out of it."

"You get joy," I repeated, "out of giving me a heart attack?!"

He laughed faintly. "No, getting a reaction. Which, surely, you've guessed."

I nodded, thinking how what I was about to tell him was certainly going to get a reaction. "Listen, Loki, about my coma. I wasn't under for no reason, or just because they were killing me. I had a tumor."

Loki's eyes glazed over. "How is that possible?"

"Tony's advanced technology, and Bruce's. It made it possible to remove it, and I had no other side effects. It's..its a miracle," I said.

Loki frowned at the door I'd just run through. "A tumor?! And..and you were never told?!"

I smiled weakly. "You don't need to be angry on my behalf, I've already made that mistake."

Loki took a deep breath and lowered his hands, stepping to me. "I suppose I ow Tony and Bruce one."

"Just Bruce," I corrected. "And why?"

Loki licked his lips, leaning down to my level and once again placing his hands on either side of me, gripping the railing. "For saving my darling."

I smiled widely now. "You're cute."

Loki tilted his head. "I've been called many things, cute is not one of them."

I placed my hands over his behind me on the railing. "Well, you've never met anyone like me before."

He nodded, face inches from mine. "True."

I was beginning to wonder if all our kisses would be slowly led to and romantic. But with Loki, I suppose I'd never be positive. I may test positive, but that's unrelated. "Ain't no thing like me," I breathed, cause his lips brushed mine, "'cept me."

He laughed quietly. "I believe you," he said softly.

I was losing track of my train of thought as he brushed my lips again with his.

I applied more pressure when he tried again, and that turned into rougher kissing.

Right there, on the roof of the compound, against the railing.

When Loki reluctantly pulled back, I said, "I suppose you're glad I'm alive?"

He rose one eyebrow as he opened his green eyes. "Yes, yes I am. Have I not proved it enough?"

I let go of the railing and gripped his collar. "Nope."

He let go as well, wrapping his arms around me and lifting me off my feet as I kissed him again.

I didn't notice the door open.

I didn't notice Bucky watching.

I didn't notice he was hurt.

I didn't notice.