15: Loki's Army

After we arrived home safely (with the exception of the time I feared Loki might not cause Bucky and he had a hissy fit at each other over me and Tasha shot a round at them while Wanda and I protected them with her powers) the only problems Loki and I encountered were simple domestic ones. (And another exception being the nagging reminder of Thanos at my back)

For example, the worst was Loki's fan base. How he got one simply by appearing back on earth escapes me, but we here at the compound call them Loki's Army.

He is highly amused by this, but Tony hates it. That's okay, he has his Stark fan base larger then Loki's.

Actually, it's not. We just tell him that to humor him.

After someone *cough*Tony*cough* leaked a photo of Loki and I..well, Loki's Army went absolutely nuts. I'd received several offers for wedding planners, at least twelve 'who's she's, and at least ninety thousand death threats. Loki said he wished he could possibly use their anger in other ways, but I told him to leave the crazy fan base alone.

"Loki," I said through a mouthful of pizza.

He looked up from his perch on my bed, book in hand. "Yes m'love?" (He picked that up from Wanda)

I swallowed. "Is it true you're a Jotun?"

Loki's eyebrows almost flew to his hairline. "Oh," was all he managed.

"Oh no, I didn't mean that in a bad way, Loki!" I twisted on my chair to look at him. "I'm just wondering, cause your 'army' is obsessed with that fact..and actually..I think it's pretty..." I couldn't think of the right adjective, but for some reason I now had a slight kink for his true form.

He was prodding my mind again. I could see it in his eyes. "It's true," he muttered, looking back at his book.

I watched him for a few moments. "That page must be very entrancing. You've stared at it for the past five minutes."

Loki twitched his eyebrow without looking over at me.

"Loki, have I...offended you?" Then I got an idea. "Are you embarrassed, my king?"

His whole body went ridged.

"Are you..flustered?" I went on.

He finally looked at me, his green eyes dark. "No."

I scoffed. "Alrighty."

Loki closed the book and placed it beside him. "You like to annoy me, don't you?"

I shrugged. "Maybe. Listen, is it...hard to be an Asguardian when you're actually....not?"

Loki frowned, "No."

I nodded. "Okay. Can you...show me?"

Loki frowned deeper. "No."

I sighed and leaned back in my chair. "Do you like ice cream?"

His frown changed to a look of pure confusion. "What?"

I straightened up in my chair. "Oh! So you're not a broken record! I was afraid you could only say 'no' from now on!" I teased.

He wasn't as amused as I was. "Hilarious," he muttered.

I decided to somewhat switch subjects. "Anywho, did you know there is some pretty fantastic fan art on here of your Jotun side. So they've seen it, but I haven't. As your girlfriend, I do think I'm entitled to certain liberties. Such as, I should know for reals what your true form looks like," I ranted, having gone from somewhat subject change to rehashing the previous.

Loki watched me talk with decreasing interest. "Do you ever remain silent?"

I froze. "Wait.....that's a very delicate way of telling me to shut up, isn't it?"

He shrugged.

"Alright fine," I stood up. "Be that way. Until you're ready to share, I'll be in Wanda's room."

Loki smiled softly at me as I walked out.

As soon as I was out, I heard him say, "Precious girl."

But he went on. "At times."

I rolled my eyes and walked to Wanda's room.