33: Odinson

"You think?" Wanda rose an eyebrow at me.

I sighed, suddenly feeling light and tingly. "Oh my god." I let out a sharp laugh. "I'm marrying Loki!" I cried.

Wanda's eyes lit up, and she jumped up in the air while clapping her hands, "oh my god! There's gonna be a wedding!"

I smiled at her, laughing in pure happiness. "I'm getting married!" I clamped hands over my mouth. "I think."

Wanda was slowly nodding, watching the hallway where they'd gone. "Okay, okay. Want me to go ask?"

I shook my head fiercely. "No, no." I took a couple deep and steadying breaths. "It's fine."

Wanda just blew air out her cheeks, patting her hair down. "Do I tell the others or...not?"

I turned to her, keeping a wary eye for any of the 'others'. "No, no no. They'd kill me, or him...or both of us."

Wanda nodded, grinning widely and reaching up to cup my cheek. "My little baby is getting married," she said, and kissed my forehead. "I'm so happy."

I felt heat in my cheeks as she turned around and walked away. "Let's pray you're happy that I'm marrying...who I'm marrying." The thought of the other avengers finding out made my stomach lurch, the very idea that they'd dissaprove.

Which they obviously would. But it's not like either Loki nor I would stop, surely the Avengers had learned that by now. 

I figured Loki wouldn't be back from his walk with his brother for a while, so I made my way to the roof. I tried my hardest not to look guilty as I walked past Tony's shop, keeping a straight face and an easy gait.

I could've sworn Tony was watching me with squinted eyes as I walked. 

I made it to the roof, staring out at the sunset over New York, and taking a deep breath of air. I leaned on the railing, and just watched the sun sink lower.

I must've been outside for at least twenty minutes when the door creaked.

Without even turning around I knew Loki stood behind me.

"Hello kitten," he said in a low tone, his long fingers trailing up my bare arm.

I ignored the goosebumps. "So...are we engaged? By Asgardian terms?"

Loki let out a slow breath of air. "Yes m'love, but...."

I heard him moving around behind me, so I turned around.

He was on one knee, biting his bottom lip and holding a ring loosely in his fingers, holding his other hand out for me.

Wanda stood behind him in the doorway with her cellphone out.

I covered my mouth, and gave him my left hand.

"My love, my darling, kitten," he took a deep breath," I have only known you since I was brought here against my will, but the very day I met you, laid eyes on your astounding beauty, I knew I'd marry you. We fought, argued intensely,  and got along, but in the end, I would always run back to you. You taught me...through a no doubt excruciating process..how much easier it is to....get along with humans...than it is to kill them. And you have shown me how simple it is to love them as well. That alone made me realize how much I wanted to keep the woman who taught me things no one else could. And now I want to ask you...m'love...will you do me the honor," he took another nervous breath, "of being my queen?"

I had started crying somewhere between 'my love' and 'kitten'. I kept my hand over my mouth as I said, "I-I will my king, I will."

He smiled slightly, sliding the ring onto my finger without breaking eye contact, and stood up to tower over me.

I looked at my finger.

Damn.

The ring was.....very expensive looking.

"Did Tony buy this?" I asked through the tears.

He smiled some more, wiping the tears away with the pad of his thumb carefully. "No." He kissed my forehead. "My mother wore it."

I choked on nothing.

"And now-" he ran his finger under my jaw. "The first woman to marry an.....Odinson....will wear it." He said Odinson with contempt, but I ignored it.

"I-I am so-so honored." I choked out a happy laugh. "I am so...so happy."

The ring was gold, which I normaly wouldn't wear, but I'd make an exeption. And set in it had to have been at least ten emeralds, which didn't surprise me coming from Loki.

Loki tilted my head up, slowly kissing me as I reveled in the thought that I was marrying this man.

Wanda cleared her throat, and we both turned to her, remembering she was there.

"Um." She pointed behind her.

All the Avengers stood there.

"Ah," I said. "Well..."

Loki gave me a look.

The Avengers did too.

"What the fu-"