8: Standoff

Here's your update!! Thanks lovelies!! Your comments and whatnot mean a lot to me! I'm so glad you're enjoying this! I'll try to update everyday, but hey, life's busy and the Fourth of July is coming up soon....

Precisely three seconds after I pried the stupid muzzle off, Wanda came tearing into the room.

I was prepared to run from her again, but she held a finger to her lips and froze.

I copied, eyes wide and not moving.

She stayed like this for a couple seconds too long then slowly approached.

I squinted my eyes at her and waited till she explained her weird behavior. "Wanda....do you want to explain?" I whispered.

She got to the opposite side of the table as me and lowered her hand and opened her mouth, "Thor is furious that Loki got away...and the rest are mad at you for sneaking off with him."

I banged my head on the table. And I left it there, talking to the wood instead of Wanda.

"This." I smacked my forehead on it again.

"Is." Insert smack here.

"Bullshit."

I heard her shuffling around, like she usually did when she got nervous. "Wanda, where-precisely-are they? So I can avoid them?" I asked, now lifting my head, and giving her a look. This look told her she'd better not mess with me right now.

"Uh," she paused and froze again.

"What are you so nervous about?!" I whisper-yelled at her.

She glared down at me. "Thor."

I made an 'oh, true' face and waited for her to answer my other question.

"Tony and Bruce are in the lab, Bucky and Steve are with Thor in the cells, and Natasha and Clint are probably spying on us right now." She answered in a hushed tone.

I nodded. "N'kay."

Looking around the room, I saw four potential spots for Tasha and Clint to be watching from. The first, and least likely would be the air vent.

Clint had hidden in there too many times and everyone knew he hid there.

The other possible concealment place would be behind the couch, so unlikely. The other one could possibly be under the table I sat at, but not quite.

The last, and the most possible, would be behind, and on top of, the fridge.

I stood up, motioning to Wanda to keep still.

Now, bear in mind that the lights were off.

So I clicked them on and put my hands on my hips as Tasha and Clint climbed out of the precise spots I'd described.

"So. You and Loki ran off. Care to explain yourself?" Clint asked, standing in front of me.

"You didn't tell us where you went. Do you know how dangerous that is?" Tasha added.

Now I felt like a child getting reprimanded. "Yes, mommy. I realize I could've been kidnapped and whatnot," I mocked.

"That's exactly what happened!" Clint exclaimed. They both looked shocked at my behavior.

I stomped one foot on the tile like a child. "He's not going to hurt me you idiots! Now please, just help me find him!"

Tasha and Clint shared looks.