31: Incredulous

"Why are we going this way?" I asked, incredulous. Wanda was leading me, hand in hand, toward the upper level of the compound. Up here, there was nothing but big, empty rooms.

"It's just a walk, Y/N, relax," she responded with a sigh. "I'm too lazy to leave and I'm too hyper to stay put."

I just made a face and shook my head.

We walked down the big corridor, our steps echoing on the bare walls.

She got to one room, looked inside, and winked at me.

I frowned, but didn't have time to think before she grabbed my arms and shoved me in the room, slamming the door with a metallic bang. And locking it.

I sat on the floor, blinking up at the locked door. "What the hell?!"

"Well hello, darling."

I cringed, turning around to look at the source of the deep, silky voice.

Loki stood against the other wall, rubbing his elbow. "Fancy seeing you here."

I snorted. "Hello Loki. Were you shoved in here too?" I kept my voice a light, unemotional quip.

Loki however, rose an eyebrow, a smirk on his face. "Why yes my love, I was. Thor proved stronger and quicker than me for once in his useless life."

I nodded, getting up off the floor, rubbing my hip. Which I'd landed on, thank you Wanda. "Thor was capable of tricking you into coming?"

Loki scoffed, shaking his head. "Lord, no. Young Mr. Parker was clever enough, Thor was just the muscle."

I gasped at that. "Peter?"

Loki nodded slowly. "Yes, Parker."

I remembered I was mad at him, and turned away, looking at the room. Plain white ceiling and walls, with two large, curtain-less windows, and a big, plain white bed. No covers, just a mattress.

I glared at it. I think Tony put that there.

Loki caught me looking. "Tony didn't put it there just for this, darling. Although I appreciate your chaotic mind, quit being so scheming."

I gave him a mean look. "Shut up."

He just enjoyed the sound of his own voice, so I knew he wouldn't.

Loki shrugged softly. "I don't think I could. I enjoy the sound of my own voice too much."

I glared at him harder. "Stop reading my mind."

Loki smiled widely, and evilly. "But my dear, the things I find in there are so...enticing."

I shivered. "I'm still mad at you."

Loki stopped rubbing absentmindedly at his elbow and stepped closer to me. "Will you let me apologize?"

I twitched an eyebrow reproachfully. "M-maybe. Depends on how you do it."

Loki tilted his chin upward, looking down his nose at me. "There's many possibilities running through your head for me to pick and choose from."

I turned away, hoping that made it harder for him.

"It doesn't change a thing," he answered my unasked question. "Unless you want me to read..other thoughts."

I covered my head. "I don't want you to read any!"

Loki immediately dropped his demeanor, slouching over to look at me beneath my arms. "Darling? I am sorry."

I stopped breathing so heavily.

"I'm so sorry for pressuring you unfairly, and I'm so sorry for being so very and unfairly jealous-"

"You're not jealous," I said, lowering my arms to look him in the face. "You're just territorial. Jealous means you want something someone already has, but territorial means protecting what you've got."

Loki smiled, a real smile, opening his arms slowly. "My darling, please, forgive me?"

I smiled softly, not looking at him as I threw my arms around him, letting him lift me off my feet. "I forgive you Loki."

He buried his face into my shoulder. "Thank you."

"You guys want to come out now? Or utilize that bed?"

Loki started chuckling into my shoulder while I groaned. "Tony! I'm going to kill you!" I shouted.

Over the speakers, Tony chuckled. "You wouldn't, Assassin Baby, cause I'm too important to you." Then he muttered, "I give you all your suits and haven't killed your boyfriend yet."

"We can hear you!" I shouted, laughing.

Loki set me down, grabbing my hands as Wanda pulled the door open.

She motioned toward it. "Come on lovebirds, Thor wants to ask you a very important question." She winked.

That was a good thing, Loki and I thought, casting a look at one another.

Well, it might be good.